Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Lee Hand Prime trays interchangeable ?

Boolit Mold

Lee Hand Prime trays interchangeable ?

Hi guys
    Does anyone know if the new Lee 'square' primer trays will fit one of the old tools with the 'round' primer trays ?
    thanks
    Whatungarongaro te tangata toitū te whenua

Man shall disappear, but the land always remains

Quote Originally Posted by Frogfeatures View Post
    Does anyone know if the new Lee 'square' primer trays will fit one of the old tools with the 'round' primer trays ?
    thanks
    Yes, all Lee primer trays will interchange with the others. The newest folding tray "fits" but in some instances will have a tendency to back out of the trough on some presses depending on severity of movement/shaking done by the primer system as it operates. The round trays and the truly square trays with the rigid clear snap on cover are being discontinued for the new folding tray per Lee. I would assume the troughs/tray holders will be eventually updated to match the new folding trays which "snap" into the new adapters for priming tools which were just released for sale in the past few months. Check out the Lee web site.

Good luck

GD

Boolit Mold
    Thanks GD !
    Whatungarongaro te tangata toitū te whenua

Man shall disappear, but the land always remains

Banned

No will not fit, but the round tray cover for the Lee Pro 1000 progressive will fit. They used to sell just the covers. Get this, keep the cover, and chuck the rest:
    http://www.titanreloading.com/press-...mer-attachment

He wasn't looking for a cover for a round primer tray. Just asking if the new square folding primer tray will fit the same primer trough as the old round primer tray will. As I have substituted a round primer tray to work with the new ergo prime that came with the square folding primer tray, yes it will fit. I did not notice any snapping into place when I tried the square tray.

Banned

I obviously missed that. I have ordered the new upgrade trays for my Ergo Prime and they fit the square tray XRs as you have noted. If anyone has an older round tray, it appears Lee is phrasing out the old priming system on the Pro 1000s to the new tray. You used to be able to just buy the covers. I got 6 round plastic covers alone. Can't find them anymore. So you might want to grab the "kit" that is still being sold that I linked as that will soon be gone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by VHoward View Post
    I did not notice any snapping into place when I tried the square tray.
    You will notice a small "ledge" on the bottom of the new folding tray tongue where it slides into the adapter for the Ergo prime. The adapter has a little lip molded into it to "lock" over the ledge to help secure the folding tray into the adapter/priming device I believe. If you have both of the new items, the folding tray and the adapter for the Ergo/XR/Bench primers you should be able to see what appears to be a method of better securing of the tray to the adapter.

GD