WidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: 36 cal. inline

Boolit Buddy

36 cal. inline

Does anyone make a 32 or 36 caliber inline muzzleloader? If so please let me know. I'm a blue steel and walnut kind of guy at heart. But this would be strictly utilitarian. I I had my druthers I would want a 32 or 36 cal. stainless steel with a fiberglass stock and ramrod. Does anyone make something like this? I have searched the net without success.
    thanks

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't think so. most current inlines are more for the "I want longer deer seasons and plastic stocks" crowd.

There was a bolt action .32 made by Marathon Products. I know because I have a barreled action, I think I gave $25 for it at an auction.

Robert

Boolit Grand Master

I've never heard of one either. Like Mk42 said, inlines are pretty much the Deer hunters. Used ones(inlines) sell cheap and if you really want one, you could buy a used one, even with a ruined barrel and have someone reline it for you. Even sidelocks in 32 and more so 36 are kind of hard to come buy these days.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Buddy
    Why couldn't you make one from a Rem action or on a TC frame?
    Domari Nolo

I don't make a small bore inline but I can certainly convert one for you by re-lining a full size inline. Have a look at this Knight Mountaineer I did for a customer a few years ago:
    http://www.stolzergunsmithing.com/otherprojects.htm
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Boolit Master
    TC made a inline, walnut stock, blue, with interchangeable barrels, came with a .50 and .32, One System or some such name.

Boolit Buddy
    That's pretty cool. About how much did that project cost? (if you don't mind my asking)

Yep, pretty neat project.

Knight did make a few 36 cal. rifles years ago, but you're not likely to find one for sale.

Are you looking for a ball or bullet shooter?

-Nobade

Boolit Master

TC did offer a Thunderhawk in 32 cal several years ago which is an inline. It is blue and with walnut stock. I think that is what you are after.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

I don't make a small bore inline but I can certainly convert one for you by re-lining a full size inline. Have a look at this Knight Mountaineer I did for a customer a few years ago:
    http://www.stolzergunsmithing.com/otherprojects.htm
    StolzerandSons that is a very fine piece of work. Thanks for showing us what can be done.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetualStudent View Post
    That's pretty cool. About how much did that project cost? (if you don't mind my asking)
    I sent you a PM.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I've never really been in to the "inlines" but as I've gotten older, "projects" and "new things" have a certain appeal. LOL

Pecatonica River carries an inline action - shows at $190 and ready to thread on octagon or round barrels of various sizes. I could see where a 36 cal would be a lot of fun - I enjoy shooting my 36 cal under hammer - a great caliber for tree rats and other varmints or just having fun plinking/shooting.

The link to Pecatonica's is

http://longrifles-pr.com/actions.shtml

I'm not that familiar with the cheaper inlines that are out there nor how the barrels are attached to the action on them - i.e. threaded on like a breech plug or some other method. The suggestion of picking up one with a bad barrel is not a bad idea if you could get it cheap and install a 36 cal barrel if you had one. Probably all sorts of different ways to approach it but I would think putting one together could be a fun project!

EDIT: I just took a look at the links above - that is certainly a beautiful job you did! A great straight forward approach - I'll bet your customer was tickled pink with the results!
    Last edited by bedbugbilly; 04-15-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Boolit Master
    I had one of the Knight Wolverines in .36 caliber it took years to find and wasn't worth the search the best I ever got out of it was 4" at 25 yards after trying everything I could think of. Patched round ball, conicals, maxi balls various lubes & powder charges. Unless you Must have an inline I would suggest finding a T/C Cherokee or Seneca or call Deer Creek Products and get one of there under hammers. The under hammers look a little different but man will they shoot and they are easy to scope if need be.

Banned
    NJ (but usually somewhere east of the east coast)
    that .32 Colin did is mine. I also built a fast twist .36 on that Allen action. http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/fo...n+inline+build Ive have several customs of different sizes and shapes. What are you looking to achieve? I can answer most questions. theres also a thread on MM about getting a group buy for custom inline .32, but nothing is set yet.