Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionWideners
Load Data Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What To Try Next For 9mm Accuracy

Boolit Buddy
    Heavier larger diameter Boolits. I'm working alot with 9mm right now and with that exact boolit and Alox with 6.5 grains of AA #7 and Winchester primers C.O.L. 1.85. This load is great. Sub 1" at 10 yards offhand with a kel tec pf9 offhand. Even better in my cz 85c

Update on my Big Boss 2. The/a press arrived today. They received it last Thursday and I got it today. I am not 100% sure what they did, but it almost looks like a totally new press. They may have salvaged some parts from the old one, but certainly much of it is new. I have not used it yet, but I am confident it will be in working order. I am ready to load some ammo and put this thread into action. Great customer service in my experience. I am guessing I will have no more problems.

Like was stated what I have done with powder is that,I test different ones with the start load and load about 5 of each to see what one will group the best and then after I work on that one powder to get the gun shoot the way I want. But like is stated on other things to work on also,I find myself some times with some things also.But the more you shoot,the better you will get. Like also stated use a rest for test load if need be.It will help in the end and then go from there.I am still learning also and from what is posted here. In one of my 9 .it have shallow grove and slug out to .356 ,so I size my cast to .358 and use my 357 seat expander and seat dies to finish off the loading and i get that gun to shoot better. When i have used the 9 dies the cast bullet did not stay the size I had size it too. But after usen the 357 dies it was better.Also the groups was too. Just a idea.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 6622729 View Post
    4.5gr is a very light load for Sillouette in 9mm. I use that powder at 4.7gr and it's still under 1000fps with Lee 125gr boolit. Ramshot says 4.5gr start to 5.0gr for 125gr lead cast boolits.
    Id up the powder charge before I adjusted anything else, but maybe a few rounds at 4.7 and some at 4.9

What To Try Next For 9mm Accuracy

Things got better today. I took 50 rounds of powder coated as dropped ~.359 and 50 powder coated and sized to ~.356. The former performed better from a rest at about 21 feet, but I shot them last and they kept getting better the longer I shot. I am going to repeat the test to account for gun break in and shooter break in. The outliers are all from the first twenty shots. Forty total in that target. Looking up.

Incidentally, I am still going to load the Aloxed bullets, but I think I have the PC figured out. Not sure if I just got it right or if it was because I switched from black to another color. Both were Smoke's and the black was the one he tested for shake and bake. Either way, good stuff.

Edit: also increased the powder charge to 4.7 gr.

Boolit Master
    Nice, you'll notice the powder coating gets easier with practice. I think the black is the hardest color to get even coverage on. Looks like increasing the powder charge cured the keyholes unless I missed them on the target. I still use alox all the time just a bit smoky. Tons of the stuff laying around after buying all the sizing dies I needed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    Nice, you'll notice the powder coating gets easier with practice. I think the black is the hardest color to get even coverage on. Looks like increasing the powder charge cured the keyholes unless I missed them on the target. I still use alox all the time just a bit smoky. Tons of the stuff laying around after buying all the sizing dies I needed anyways.
    Yeah, no keyholes either! I might just have to load some more tonight Thanks again to everybody.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123