WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Venison Burgers?

Perma-Banned
    I get a 3lb box of the cheap end pieces & scrap bacon at the supermarket and grind/mix with about 10lbs deerburger. the mizzuss swears it's the best burger she's ever eaten. and she DO like her burgers.

Moderator Emeritus

I don't eat burgers much any more, but when I did, I really liked making the burger and mixing in some soy and Worcestershire sauce, with some carmelized onions and some sliced mushrooms, and topped it off with some melted Swiss cheese, or whatever cheese was available. I sure miss those!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post
    I get a 3lb box of the cheap end pieces & scrap bacon at the supermarket and grind/mix with about 10lbs deerburger. the mizzuss swears it's the best burger she's ever eaten. and she DO like her burgers.
    That's my alternate way, of making venison burgers. However, the original poster was looking for a leaner, hearth healthy option.

Winelover

Boolit Master

You can beat an egg with a little milk to spread it out a bit before mixing with Venison.. I never measure so it could be 2 eggs. Even with 2 eggs added to a lb of venison is still a very small amount of calories/fat added, given 1 egg is about 70-80 cal and 5 grams of fat.. The nutrition your gaining far out ways the fat in eggs.

Boolit Master
    I do not eat to many burgers these days. After reading this its bringing back an urge. I would rather cut most of my meat into pan fryers and put it on some toast with real butter. I do the same with duck breast.

When I used to make burger meat it was mixed with beef fat. 5-10%. I used to serve it to everyone and they loved it. When the woman found out what it was venison I was a jerk. LOL The men all knew and loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    I do not eat to many burgers these days. After reading this its bringing back an urge. I would rather cut most of my meat into pan fryers and put it on some toast with real butter. I do the same with duck breast.

When I used to make burger meat it was mixed with beef fat. 5-10%. I used to serve it to everyone and they loved it. When the woman found out what it was venison I was a jerk. LOL The men all knew and loved it.
    LOL, BTDT.
    I made some low fat lasagna with venison, didn't tell anyone, and we went through 5 lbs and everyone raved about it, The women ask for the recipe, but I never gave it. I knew they would be mad.

My health in not the best, that's why I can't use beef or pork. Getting tired of skinless chicken, smoked skinless turkey, deer tacos, deer burritos, deer strips w/gravy over rice, BBq'd backstrap, lasagna, venison meatloaf, beans w/venison, venison chili, backstrap w/sautéed mushrooms, brine cured smoked deer ham, venison casserole, a heck of a lot of salad and a few others.
    I eat venison everyday and looking for different ways w/o beef or pork.

Moderator Emeritus

One thing you might play around with, Borg, is putting a little olive oil in it and the glutin from one egg if you find your mix wants to crumble into sloppy Joe type doin's. But then, sloppy Joes aren't bad either!

I already use Olive oil, got anything other what I've posted? Always looking for recipes that don't use pork or beef.
    TIA

Boolit Man
    Growing up my mother always made burgers with and egg and bread crumbs. I thought she was trying to be frugal. I tried straight meat and the burgers are more dense. I always add one to two eggs and 1/4 cup bread crumbs and seasoning to one pound of burger before I cook them. They are much more tender and it doesn't affect taste.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post
    Borg,

Really sorry that you can't mix bacon in so this is for those that can. I have my venison commercially processed and the processor adds the same ratio Bubba recommends for baconburger. The burgers are awesome. SWMBO makes spaghetti sauce and lasagna with it. Awesome. She's a great cook.

I do process the exotic game myself. Just finished dinner of blackbuck stew and garlic bread. I feel very fortunate.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    Only one thing better than a good venison burger.MORE.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Banned

Those quacks will kill you FAST. You need fat and it is just the taste you like for burgers. Tell the doc to shove it! Pork or beef fat and bacon is love.
    The sucker told me my cholesterol was high, tried to force pills on me. Then I found most of the readings were GOOD fats. I eat more cheese, sour cream and eggs then anyone and love fat in my meat. NOT deer fat though.
    He tried to make me take blood pressure junk too, not going to happen. They make money with the junk and more money when you have problems.
    Long ago a guy studied wolves and found they ate mice most when things were poor. So he ate mice and was near death. He figured it out, A wolf would eat the whole mouse and the fat inside kept it healthy. He was gutting the mice and removing the fat.
    My bacon at breakfast is never 2 strips, it is 1/2# and more if the grandson leaves any. He pigs out so I need to get what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    I don't use egg, but instead use two cloves of crushed fresh garlic, 1 teaspoon of dried onion flakes and 1/2 teaspoon each of sea salt, rubbed sage, basil, oregano and crushed red pepper, then add 1/4 cup each of grated Parmesan and extra virgin olive oil to two pounds of ground venison, mix well and form into either patties to do on the grill, or meatballs for Sunday gravy.

Serve the patties on garlic bread with a spoonful of marinara sauce, sliced green Bell pepper and onion and a slice of provolone, with salad and a nice glass of dry Barbaresco or your favorite red.
    Sounds dreadful . I only eat grain fed venison !!

Banned

I will sit at night at the boob tube with a container of sour cream and chips to dip until I can't take more. Darn I wish I had chives to mix in.
    Vegetarians are sick but I love food of all kinds. All kinds of vegies and fruits. But meat and fat has to be ate.
    Eggs have been given bad press until they found it was a hoax and they are good for you.
    Eat what you like and enjoy the short time here just don't let anyone take your pleasure and shorten your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12