Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chance to buy a BIG lot of lead - opinions?

Boolit Master
    where is all this lead at?

Boolit Grand Master

Thats a fair price. I suggest buying as much as you can afford. Its only going to get more expensive and harder to find. The soft plumbers lead can be sold, traded or used to mix your own custom alloys. Its perfect for black powder. The wheelwrights will have to be sorted for zinc but will make good pistol bullets.

Boolit Buddy
    Get 'et!! Get all of it! Post some for sale here....it goes fast and can profit a bit .....

Nose Dive.

Cheap, Fast, good. Kindly pick two.

Boolit Master
    if a deal like that showed up near me I would be loading it in the truck for the trip home.

Boolit Buddy
    The scrap metals market has taken a serious dump as of late. - Just look at the lead price ticker they show here - Kitco.com is showing new lead @$0.766 / lb I would counter with $0.25/lb for the wheel weights and $0.55/lb for ingots and only $0.45/lb for the 'as is' scrap plumbers lead.

I'm only going to add my 2 cents here. Dig through the ww buckets and make sure they are LEAD. Bring a magnet with you and swirl it through the bucket a couple of times. Those Pesky IRON wheel weights will stick to the magnet (not just the clips) and will read FE (IRON) under the clip and ZN wheel weights are just that. A pair of NIPPERS applied to any suspect ones will tell the tale!!

Boolit Master

3000-3500# boat keel

great deals ain't worth a hoot when money is tight!

I've been watching this Craig's list offer for a 3000-3500# boat keel at 50 cents a pound for over three weeks now. The listing no longer says boat keel but that's what it is. It's in n JAX Florida https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/for/5517076948.html
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    oley, you live right there.... worth a look at least.

Boolit Master
    Gotta be careful with lead from boat keels, my dad got one a few years back, it was concrete with a lead casing. What was meant to be 600 odd kg, was 200kg of lead and 400kg concrete.

Before you buy it, drill a few holds to be sure it isn't just a lead skin you are buying.

Make sure it's pure lead with no fillers. If it's good then buy as much of it as you can. You can never have to much lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Keep in mind that when you buy large amounts of lead that you need a way to deal with it. A 3000# boat keel can require a trailer to haul it on and something to load and unload it with. Then you have to deal with melting it. Its a lot of work, but worth it if you have the way to handle it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12