Snyders JerkyWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellow forum net54 dictatorship

Banned

Yellow forum net54 dictatorship

Those mods over there are just to hard to deal with.my buddy just got banned for a very funny April's fools post.I've emailed the arrogant site owner and cancelled my membership.does any body else see that place as such?

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    I signed up on that forum to spread the word about the new trigger upgrade we had come up with. The news was well received by forum members but the mods interpreted my post as a sales pitch. I never went back after that. It's strange how the mind processes the written word.

I don't know that this is unique to the net54 forum. I've come across the same "God-Complexes" that seem to be present in the moderators of other forums I belong to. I don't know if they're just trying to hard or what but, there are times when it makes me not want anything further to do with them or the chat rooms they represent.

HollowPoint

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Was a member of "The Gate" for a short while, they really suck.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Banned
    I agree hollowpoint .it's so over moderated it's not worth my time.too bad there were some good fellows over there.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cbashooter View Post
    I agree hollowpoint .it's so over moderated it's not worth my time.too bad there were some good fellows over there.
    Don't joke on that site, you'll get banned, alot of kids on that site as well, with kinda juvenile ideas re: guns, not nearly as good a site as this.

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Was a member of "The Gate" for a short while, they really suck.
    Ditto on this one too. I mean if you're referring to the Gateway to airguns forum. I got the same reception there as well when I mentioned my trigger upgrade. I'm still a member there but it's not a very comfortable place to chat with other like minded air gunners. Maybe it's just me.

The other members are pretty cool but the mods and the owner tend to create an online environment where everyone is walking on eggshells for fear of saying something that's against their rules.

Rules are fine and they have their place. I suppose it's their website so they can do what they want with it but, it gets to a point where it becomes tedious to even go there anymore.

HollowPoint

Boolit Master
    It's their site and theirs to run as they please. I for one have not had any issues on GTA but then again it's rare I post. There is a great wealth of info there for the taking if anyone is inclined to read. They do get their backs up about some things ie: supressors, LDC= lead dust collectors......I had no idea this was the function. Oh well, I'm a visitor there, it's not my house.

Ebner

Banned
    GTA is mellow.the Kitching net54 is bad.it's their ball though they can take it home any time they want.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowPoint View Post
    Ditto on this one too. I mean if you're referring to the Gateway to airguns forum. I got the same reception there as well when I mentioned my trigger upgrade. I'm still a member there but it's not a very comfortable place to chat with other like minded air gunners. Maybe it's just me.

The other members are pretty cool but the mods and the owner tend to create an online environment where everyone is walking on eggshells for fear of saying something that's against their rules.

Rules are fine and they have their place. I suppose it's their website so they can do what they want with it but, it gets to a point where it becomes tedious to even go there anymore.

HollowPoint
    They banned me the 2nd week I was their, big deal, switch from the laptop to my tablet, no longer a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cbashooter View Post
    GTA is mellow.the Kitching net54 is bad.it's their ball though they can take it home any time they want.
    As long as you don't step on the owners toes, or question some stupid post!

Nothing like here.

Boolit Buddy

Nothing like here.
    LOL!

No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by therealhitman View Post
    LOL!

No comment.
    Now Now
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

As long as you don't step on the owners toes, or question some stupid post!

Nothing like here.
    Hey, this site is way more than cool!

Guys this site is one of the, if not "THE" best Firearms related site out there. I have spent more time on this site than all others combined..

Trapshooters.com is ran with about the same moderator intensity as this place so it is good too.

It's all about the owners and the moderators. Lots of sites start out being privately owned and then get sold to a large company who generally changes the rules a bit but normally leaves the place to run on its own. Point being if it was good to start with it will probably be OK after the transition.

Some sites have moderators that are so Self Righteous that any thing that remotely looks like profanity is either blocked or banned entirely. their excuse is usually that their children read the posts. I highly doubt that many 12 year old and under kids are reading anything on this site.

I look at it this way. if you are playing with guns you should probably be an adult or at least a mature teenager. Thus you will have a vocabulary that includes common 4 letter words, and at least enough brains to know when and when not to use them.

If you are allowing your grade school aged children to be on a website such as this where the vast majority of contributors are adults, then I feel it is up to you to police them and not us!

If they are so delicate that the word SHIP or **** offends them then I pity them as adults. they are in for a rude awakening when they go out into the real world.

If you are offended by these words then you probably voted for Obama and have your own set of problems,,, Which I might add are YOUR PROBLEMS, and not anyone elses.

So it's OK for Politicians to lie thru their teeth constantly, but God Forbid someone says ship on TV, (which they are now doing routinely) I see the former being much more harmful than a synonym for Poop!

I have little time for those who want to curb my Speech. Too many died for my right to use it, and quite frankly a significant number of the current crop of cry babies we see on TV every night need to die for their country as well. Maybe the rest would cherish what they have a little more instead of trying to silence the rest of us.

In fact I just had a great idea!!!! Why not sentence disruptors in crowds and Left Wing Political Agitators to a tour in the Army in AFG! Or a better idea would be a Draft with the Draftees only coming from Colleges around the country, and that would include Females as well as Males.

Bet they'd have a completely different view upon return.

I don't stay where I'm not welcome. But I always leave a mark when I leave.

My .02

Randy

Go Trump!
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 04-08-2016 at 04:15 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Vendor Sponsor

"But I always leave a mark when I leave."

Hope its not a skid mark

Actually agree with you on a lot of those points
    Last edited by Smoke4320; 04-08-2016 at 09:20 PM.
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    I tell you gentlemen. WELL DONE! what are you looking in other sites? LOL 😁 isn't this more than enough and great? I don't care about being a member of any other board as long as the mods here don't kick me out because of my extravagances... I see your point just joking. There's a board of shooters here in my country I'd never want to become a member. Apart from one or two cool and smart guys, the rest is a bunch of idiots the mods are probably politicians and menace banning because of simple question or the mention of the words "self defense" or "hunt" and pray all the stupidest sermons you can imagine. No sir, thank you. I'd prefer to be the town fool among geniuses than to be the fool among fools bigger than i am. What's wrong with all these guys?

Boolit Master
    Personally, I like GTA. There are a lot of great, knowledgeable folks there. Couple of big egos too, but you find that everywhere.

To be honest, I joined this site because when I first started casting I was asking Google a LOT of questions and the good info kept coming from THIS forum. I've looked at a few other sites and they just don't have the same mix.

When I go to a new gun store I always ask the guy behind the counter a few questions to which I know the answer.
    If they answer in a way that is arrogant or flat out wrong, I say thanks and walk out. If their answer shows they know more than I know, I come back.

This place and it's members still know way more than me!
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
    Personally, I like GTA. There are a lot of great, knowledgeable folks there. Couple of big egos too, but you find that everywhere.
    Just don't disagree with the big shots there, or you'll be outside trying to look in, but then that also isn't hard, just have a cup of joe at Miky "D's".

Boolit Master
    Here we are on the best site in the world, talking about the worst site in the world, what up with that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast