Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have accumulated more molds that I realized!

Boolit Master

I have accumulated more molds that I realized!

Wow! While looking for a missing top punch I checked my mold boxes and came to realize that I have 15 boolit molds (plus one more on the way, a Lyman 452460).

That sure crept up on me in the last seven years of casting!

Of course, I also have a selection of fishing weight and jig molds.

Randy
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master

15 ? yer kidding right ?

Boolit Master
    Sort of low, right?
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

When you get another couple hundred, you'll be up with me......... Plus a couple of casting machines, Lube Master, several Star sizers, etc.......

When I die, the buzzards are going to have a field day!

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    How old are you -- I will start taking flying lessons!
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master
    hahahaha

You will have people taking dibs on your molds/equipment far before it's your time.

I just hope you don't trust any with "pulling the plug"

Boolit Buddy

ghh3rd... I have the same problem as my friend Reloader Fred has... Both of us are wondering why we keep on collecting this stuff... Been trying to figure out what will happen to over 160 sets of 4,6,8 &10 cav moulds, 4 Star lube-sizers, 10 different progressive presses, auto lube-sizer and many other items when I am no longer here... Today I actually had a 'good friend' ask me if I would make it possible for him to get my Magma Case Master and the automatic case separator when I give this casting and loading up..

This "boolit making" is a sickness for sure!!!!!
    Viet Nam 11/66 to 3/68

Boolit Master
    In .au, pretty much the only hand gun caliber used is 9mm, so it means fewer molds are needed. I'm pretty sure i have enough fingers to count the amount of molds i have.

There are exceptions that use .40 and .45, but 99% at my club use 9mm/.356

Well I know I'm alright then, I don't have anywhere close to what you fellas have. I may have about 16 or so, But........ there are a couple of more I would like to try out someday, that is after I build an auto sizer.

Boolit Master
    Garryshome, you make a good point. No matter how many molds you have, you still need to size the rotten things when cast/coated. That is on my to do list too

You're right, Tazza, our restrictive firearms laws tend to have a limiting affect on acquiring too many molds. Handguns are generally .357/.38/9mm, with a few Single Action shooting .44-40 or .45. If, however, one shoots Black Powder one can soon accumulate quite a few round ball molds! (I've got around 16 or so, after about 3 years of shooting, I'm sure they breed in the dark cupboard).

Boolit Master
    hehehe they breed just like 9mm brass does, you have more than two cases and they just seem to multiply.

I didn't think about black powder, 16 molds for that is a nice collection, that i'm sure will grow in time

Boolit Grand Master

Naah, wrong focus. The number of molds needed is a function of how many guns I have - not even the number of calibers because each gun is a law unto itself. And on average maybe three molds per gun?? Need more guns!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    New gun (Walther PPQ 45) arriving at FFL by end of day ... one new mold on hand, another on the way.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

In Remembrance

Got just about 40 molds of various holes, calibers and weights and makes. Have 3 melt pots with a 75 lb. smelt pot. Roughly 3/4 of a ton of 4 various leads. Then we can talk about the size machines and presses and a wall full of reloading dies and pails of different brass cases. The thing that irked me most about my `cheap` shooting friends though is when 1 had the gall to write down a list of my guns to give him either before or after I`m gone for FREE!Robert

Boolit Grand Master

Just wait , them rascal seem to multiply ...be sure and keep them separated.
    My wife calls me a mould addicted pack rat in need of an intervention. But that's not true....I don't need no intervention , unless that's something I can cast boolits with !
    I told my wife , that when I die , she's to put all my moulds in the box with me.....I'm taking them with me !

Unrepentant mould junkie since 1967....Gary

Boolit Master
    I probably have around 15 molds, haven't counted'em though. I need some more!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

And to think I started out with a single cavity 146 gr. Lyman mold for my one and only .357 Magnum Blackhawk in about 1966. I had a small cast iron pot that hung from a hook at the corner of my loading bench and I used a propane torch and dipper. Fast forward to today, and I'm like Starreloader, with a fortune in casting and reloading gear and 4 gunsafes that are completely full and some guns stashed in closets and under beds...

Some of those guns are specifically for shooting circling buzzards, so don't get too close while I'm still kicking..........

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    Randy, don't worry I'm a rank amateur too!

Boolit Buddy

Fred, at least you can remember of what you have... I keep finding things that I forgot about.. Found a Walther 32 Auto the other day that I haven't seen in I don't know how long, been years for sure, how it got where I found it is unknown to me. I did finally get around to those 2 H&G 10 cav "boat anchors" you sent me over a year ago.. They actually cleaned up nice and one has been modified to a more usable 38 WC..

Yes, the BUZZARDS are circling, and I also have something for them..
    Viet Nam 11/66 to 3/68

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast