Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: 8mm Version of the Ed Harris HM2 311-165-5 SKS GB

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge

8mm Version of the Ed Harris HM2 311-165-5 SKS GB

This .325 orbited version was done as an add on to JTKnives HM2 311-165-5 Group Buy that Ed Harris put his majic touch to. It's been an outstanding shooter in my '42 byf 7.92X57 Mauser, very easy to load for, lots of fun to bust rocks and shoot metal out to 235 yards. Sadly, I think the threads for the buy disappeared in the last server clean up,,,,,,,. I have not as yet shot deer with it yet, but expect it to do very well with the meplat.

After mentioning it in another GB discussion thread, it occurred to me that it should be shared with you folks via NOE, and have posted an interest thread there:

http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.....html#msg13147

Attachment 164924
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the link.

I'm in... if we get enough interested parties.

Boolit Master

I have that mould and sadly have not used it yet. Too many other projects in the way. The design makes a great deal of sense in the 8mm bore size where bore and groove diameters vary a lot.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Buddy
    I'm waiting for someone making those molds since HM2 did his perfect run of .312 (and others) version.
    IMHO that design makes perfect sense in any caliber say,7mm and up.Perfect proportions,ease of feed and shoots flat without need for super hard alloy.

Boolit Master
    JT - where are you?

Boolit Master

NYB,

Meplat is .180. I see Al has several 5 cavitie 8mm moulds, not sure about 6 cavity. we get closer to ten buyers and I will ask Al about it. I'd rather not bother him while they're trying to catch up on Group Buys right now. Yes, Jarod orbited out the cherry to get the 8mm while doing the .30 buy, and IIRC, orbiting out was how the NOE 325008 came to be after I sweet talked Al into it,,,,,,,,.

http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....ic,1466.0.html

Isnt JT busy moving cross country at the moment?

Edit: Just checked, Jarod's last post was the nd of February, hope he's doing well.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Donor8x56r View Post
    I'm waiting for someone making those molds since HM2 did his perfect run of .312 (and others) version.
    IMHO that design makes perfect sense in any caliber say,7mm and up.Perfect proportions,ease of feed and shoots flat without need for super hard alloy.
    If you will sign up in the link we will be one more person closer to getting the buy run:

http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....ic,1466.0.html
    Last edited by Hamish; 04-25-2016 at 09:54 PM.

In Remembrance

I just signed on board.Robert

Boolit Master

This last weekend I spent a little time shooting my WW II bring back from 244 to 265 yards with this boolit, 48.0 gr. WC872 and MML @ 1950 fps.

Now mind you, I'm just about disabled, but off the bench I almost couldn't miss and at one point I got cocky and banged off 7 out of 8 hits on a 4"X8" target at 244 yards. Not too shabby for a 2 power scout scope,,,,,,,.

I would urge anyone considering a mould for the 8mm, especially for hunting, to sign up for the buy posted earlier in this thread at NOE.