Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Bulley Adapter - Anyone have feedback?

Boolit Man

Bully Adapter - Anyone have feedback?

I just watched several videos and reviews on this item and it looks legit! But feedback from any users here would help to ease my mind about purchasing something which might not actually perform as stated.

I plan to use it with the Hornady bullet feed die setup on the LNL AP loading 45acp. I have a Lee bullet feed tube assembly to top it all off. Having to fine tune is expected, however I am hoping major tweeks are not required. All bullets will be jacketed, painted or plated.

So anyone have any experience and advise to offer? It will be much appreciated.

See it here: http://www.bullyadapter.com
    Last edited by HeadLead; 03-27-2016 at 12:46 PM.
    Salute!

Boolit Master

I just watched the video(s) I could find of the Bully in action and it looks like a "must have" product if you load on any progressive press. I have a Dillon 650 with the case feeder and have been wanting a bullet feeder setup for a long time, I'm now going to have one. Thanks for the info.
    S45

Boolit Man
    I just received my adapter and now have it setup on my Hornady LNL AP. I set it up for 45acp and have run 25 bullets through the feeder die with no mishaps. Total cost less than $100.00. Very happy.
    Salute!

Keep us informed if you have any problems or tips on how to make it work any better! I think I'll buy one for my Hornady LNL AP!

Banned

well I'd have had at least 20 rounds loaded by the time he filled the tubes.
    if I gotta pick the bullets up and align them and set them somewhere it might as well be on the case.

someone needs to build a primer feeder that holds 300 primers and flips them the right way down every time.

Boolit Master
    I have the bully adapter (cheap guy bullet feeder setup) and I find it works great. The Hornady feed die will need some work with a dremel tool to get it to feed cast/lubed bullets consistently. I like it, I use it on my 650 once I get the load dialed in.
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master

they do make a bullet feeder that turns all the bullets nose up before dropping them down the tube but the price begins to climb.

this looks cool but cheaper for me to just put them on top of cases as they come around.

Great first effort on this though
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Man
    Yeah.... I guess it can be done by hand or by more expensive automatic means, but this setup works and it is inexpensive. Besides my grandson is just learning the process of reloading and part of his education is loading tubes of bullets, keeping the cases coming and ensuring primers are flipped and waiting for PO to pick up and load.

Its a fun time for all. And its stress relieving and educational.
    Salute!

Boolit Man
    Long session of 45acp resulted in only 1 missed bullet drop into a case. No big deal. I had several spare bullets for just such an occurrence. Will try 380acp soon. Stay tuned!
    Salute!

Boolit Buddy
    Looking to put this on my Dillion 550B . I understand that you have to buy the Lee tubes adapters ETC . However do I have to buy a different seating die as well .The LNL die for my Dillion ?

I have used the turret style feed tubes in the past for both cases and bullets, in the end I wound up building collators instead.

Only if you work for the Government is orientating every object by hand and setting it into a hole, so something that costs extra and add complexity can then take the orentated object and set it into a hole, efficient.

Save your money and get buy or build a collator and you will reduce the time and work involved, not just move it around.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO2 View Post
    Looking to put this on my Dillion 550B . I understand that you have to buy the Lee tubes adapters ETC . However do I have to buy a different seating die as well .The LNL die for my Dillion ?
    Dies I believe are caliber specific. The Hornady dies will thread into your Dillon head.

I use the lee tubes, but others have adapted pvc tubing to work.
    Salute!