RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: PC smear, how to remove?

Boolit Master

PC smear, how to remove?

I have some powdercoat smear that isn't coming out with Chore Boy. Any common chemicals that will remove it?

I doubt that it is pc smear. And if it was, the brass would drag it out.... Probably leading. But that is my guess. OK, just because I haven't seen it does not mean that it does not exist see other Thread your pc is probably not cured enough... Yep soak in acetone won't hurt metal.
    Last edited by Handloader109; 03-26-2016 at 08:38 PM.

http://www.permabond.com/blog/2014/0...ger-adhesives/ One of these? Acetone or Methylene Chloride?.

Boolit Master
    Acetone, thanks. I'll try it.

Boolit Master
    I had trouble with pc fouling when I tried it . I used harbor freight red , shake and bake on a 45 acp . I got real good coverage that passed the hammer test , and I thought it was the greatest thing since inside plumbing . I had been pan lubing with a cake cutter and lee swirl a lube ( very messy and time consuming ) . I baked me up 3-4 hundred of those little red devils at 400 for 20 minutes . O boy it was going to be nice , so I loaded me up a box and off to try them out . After running 50 through the gun I come home pull the gun barrel and it was covered in grey tire like substance a lot of it . Well I had been using store bought hard undersized bullets so lead cleaning was not new to me . I dropped the barrel in my jar of peroxide and some thing else I forget weather vinegar or alcohol , but it always softened up the lead so I could just wipe it out . But not this gunk wow I scrubbed with every thing I could find brass brush and Every gun cleaning chemical in the house including the wife's name polish remover . When I finally got it cleaned up I ordered a magma lubesizer . I was told possible under cooked but I checked my toaster oven it was right , and at 20 minutes that were well done I could beat them flat with a hammer and pc did not flake off . Shame to I was all about painting some bullets . I don't know what happened may cleaned the bore to clean or with something that stuck to the pc . I'm not knocking pc , I wish I had experienced the joy . One day I'll try again .