Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waallmart suprize

In Remembrance

Waallmart suprize

I went to wallmart today for the first time in several months (hate the store), I didn't find what I was looking for (did I mention I hate wallmart) so decided to swing through the sporting goods section, which I probably haven't been in in over a year, maybe two.
    To my suprise there was a section of rcbs reloading gear, and some bullets, talk about shock.
    I ask about powder and primers and they said it was suppose to be coming in and the top shelf was cleared for it.
    I also ask about 22 shells and they did have some 100 packs and 50 round boxes of cci, didn't check on price though.

Boolit Master

as much as I hate wally world you have to give them credit for not gouging on 22 like everybody else.

Boolit Master
    Our Walmart also carries reloading supplies.

Boolit Grand Master

Wish my Wal-Mart carried reloading supplies. Still haven't seen any 22 on the shelf there so I'm not holding my breath. My local Cabelas is finally getting a good selection of powders and a decent selection of primers and brass.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Banned

our wal-mart doesn't carry re-loading gear but the one down in Utah does.
    they don't up here because we have about 7 other places in town to buy guns and two of them carries reloading stuff [used to be 3]

Boolit Grand Master
    Hate Walmart as well but some do carry reloading stuff

In Remembrance
    I knew some wallmarts carried some reloading items, just ours never has. All of ours do carry handguns, which most do not in other parts of the country, I think it just depends on what the competition is doing.

We have 2 other places in town that carries reloading supplies, hopefully wallmart will not cut into their market too bad.

Our local WalMart had some reloading stuff too, until a Cabela's opened up about 6 miles away. Kinda pointless then.

Boolit Master
    Our local walmarts stoped selling any firearms and never had reloading supplies. Ammo is kind of stapples only, do have pistol ammo if i have the desire to buy any. .22s still are gobbled up as they put them on the shelfs. I respect the fact the dident raise prices as the shortage progressed

Boolit Master
    Walmart in Cottonwood, AZ has carried reloading stuff for years. I love Walmart.

I don't remember ever being in the sporting section of our local Walmart, have no idea what is there. I suppose now I will have to make a point of looking. I only go to Walmart to pick up stuff for my Mother. I spend more time at a Walmart that is about 11 miles farther away because it is larger and has a better selection of flavored water that I prefer. Haven't checked sporting there either but I will next time I'm there.
    Paul G

I am Retired, I was tired yesterday and I am tired today!!!

Boolit Master

I saw a bunch of .22 short ammo at my local Wal-Mart the other day. It was overpriced as far as I'm concerned. I'm perfectly happy to let my .22s sit in the gun safe until prices get back to what I consider reasonable (i.e. cheaper than I can reload other calibers).

Boolit Master

I was just in a Walmart in another town today. The one in my town has ammo behind the counter, but this one has it in a glass case where you can see the price under where the .22 should be.

I was a little surprised to see that their price for Remington 525 bulk was about $30. That's about double what it was before this craziness started. They didn't jack it up quick like some did, but over a few short years they doubled it. And who can blame them, or the manufacturers for that matter?

In Remembrance
    Your wallmart may not have jacked the price up quick on 22 ammo, but ours sure did. A few months after the 22 ammo craze began I just happened to be talking to a guy at the sporting counter, he told me he was getting a brick of 22 ammo as they were unloading it off the pallet at the time, so I told them I would take one too. When they rang it up, I handed it back to them and told the salesman, that they must need it more than I did. The price was 31 bucks for remington, sportsmans was getting it in sporadicaly but selling it at 23.99.

Boolit Master

Yesterday, wally world here in NE FL was sellin Remington Thunderbolt 22LR ammo for $25/brick
    Gun Control means hitting what you aim at!

Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    Life Member of the NRA
    Life Member of the Disabled American Veterans Association

Boolit Buddy
    Has anyone ever tried looking on walmart.com to see if reloading supplies can be sent to your local store if you order them direct? I don't know... just asking.

Boolit Master

I bought a Contender Carbine barrel in 204 Roger at the WalMart here in East Tn a couple of years ago, I ordered the thing at the sports counter and it was there in two days. I bought it at WalMart because it was the best price I found anywhere!
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

Boolit Master

Just did a quick check and yes you can do the same with reloading gear, I searched RCBS reloading supplies and every item I looked at was available for store pickup but I didn't look for powder or primers.
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

Boolit Master

The only time I like wallyworld is on the hottest summer days when the young ladies wear less to show their wares and the near perfect bodies that they have.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

In Remembrance
    Ha Ha, I hear you, the only trouble with that is the amount of scantily clad NOT so near perfect bodies that you see before you can close your eyes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast