Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Every get those 9mm and 40 in the tumbler at the same time?

Every get those 9mm and 40 in the tumbler at the same time?

Well I tossed some in the tumbler and of course some of the 9mm's got stuck in some of the 40's. Just could not pull them out. Well I had the bright idea to toss them in the empty tumbler and after a few minutes the vibration loosened and vibrated enough media out of them I could easily pull the ones that had not already separated.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Moderator Emeritus

If you tumble two different calibers of handgun brass that can fit one inside the other at the same time, you can lessen the nesting problem by putting the larger caliber brass in the tumbler first. This allows it to fill with media, and there's less chance of the smaller caliber getting inside.

Of course, the real solution is to tumble different calibers separately.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Buddy
    I had a real hard time getting some 22LR out of 38SP and 357Mag cases. My helper must have let those slip through while sorting.

Boolit Master
    I mistakenly dumped a bunch of 9mm and .40S&W in the wet tumbler together once....... Keyword here is once........ not the kind of mistake you make again, 500rds of each. What a pain in the a.....
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Been there, done that, never again.

Banned
    I try to avoid putting cases that can nest in each other in the tub at the same time. I'd like to point out that I said "try" because it still happens even if it's only a few cases.

Boolit Buddy

I also make an effort to tumble by caliber, but when that odd ball does sneak in I've found that the impact or hammer type bullet puller is very useful.
    Noli Me Tangere