Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New trick I saw on youtube for pullin cast bullets

I use this.

,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

I've had a set of those RCBS collet pullers and an assortment of collets for a couple decades. Bought them used at a gun show cheap, and figured they'd work better than the RCBS kinetic puller. It's not as fast, and bullets grabbed by the collet sometimes slip out, especially spire point bullets. The other issue is lead bullets. They easily deform in the collet, so once pulled I often toss them in the lead pot if I use the collets. With the kinetic I never lose the lead bullets, and can reload them again.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by flashhole View Post
    It was painful watching it all the way to the end. I've used the method of running the round up through the threaded hole and using pliers to clamp the bullet but I lay it cross-ways so there is no risk of buggering up the threads.
    +1 on this method!
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

Boolit Buddy
    Nothing really new there. I've got the collet puller, hammer type puller and have used pliers a few times. My experience with collet puller's is they ruin core bullet's than they save. Using pliers is simply a trick that work's but again you'll ruin the bullet. With the hammer type puller you'll ruin the bullet by screwing up the nose unless your careful. I can see how much a bullet moved after a hit or two and then I hit just hard enough to get the bullet out without slamming it into the bottom. The only powder I save is powder I'd loaded into the case, the other stuff bet's burned. You cannot tell what powder it is other than by pure luck. One more thing about the hammer type puller, hit it on a solid object. I have a small back stupe that is poured concrete. I use the side of it to pull!

That you tube video has to be one of the most boring I've ever seen. Eleven minute's to give a two min lesson.

Boolit Master

Don: put a piece of foam or something inside the hammer puller to save the bullet noses. Maybe even some silicone seal.

Boolit Buddy
    Nothing new. Been using the pliers method for more than 40 years.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou52 View Post
    Instead of a socket, I use a small piece of PCV with a little larger diameter than the ram on the press. Same principal, though.

Also, some bullets (depending on size) can be saved by pulling them with a coaxial crimping tool instead of a pair of ordinary pliers. Here's a pic and a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Coaxial-Crimpi.../dp/B0001GGXPY

This is what i have been using.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12