Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: GOD , please let me be just half the man I once was .

Moderator Emeritus

Isn't it good to have a daughter that CAN and WILL deal with a scary and embarrassing situation EFFECTIVELY and without any real hesitation? You've got a great young daughter, Boaz! Many would have simply run for "help." She didn't. She handled it. In time, I think you'll come to realize just how significant that really is. She's one fine and strong young lady!

LOL, now I understand her naming you "pork butt".
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Pine Baron you are right on both counts . NO MORE 'SHED' incidents ! In the reporting of it I didn't mention one funny thing (well it's funny now anyway) . I was leaned over the ace fence trying to breath , really pullin for air and my pants fell down around my ankles while Becky ran to get a chair . Couldn't let go of the fence or I'd go down . LOL , Becky got back with the chair and saw we had a new problem . She was confused and scared and now for some reason I'm standing there with my pants down , lol . She got my pants back up , she was embarrassed , LOL .
    An overweight friend attempted to chang a bulb under the overhang. He foolishly stood on the top step and his pants did the same. Only they continued down around the top of the ladder not allowing him to step down. That's how his wife found him when she returned from the bank.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for a real belly laugh, MM! I got this image in my mind that just won't go away, though! Still chuckling anyway though, in spite of it.

Moderator Emeritus

Protein is not bad for a diet! And your body requires a lot more the older you get! Low fat meat like chicken breast(skinless) sauteed with spices is pretty tasty actually! And very few calories.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you MaryB . Had some lean oven cooked pork loin tonight , when you go without meat a few days it tastes twice as good as usual . Bought some giant turkey legs today . To me a turkey leg is a meal in itself . We have a lot of chicken sausage we made and it's low cal . Going to make some bean soup tomorrow with buckboard bacon . Also try smoking the turkey legs again to make em 'pretty' instead of drawn up .
    Last edited by Boaz; 06-02-2016 at 05:03 AM.

Weight 6-2-16

Good morning pork butt,
    Keep up the good work. How about adding some fish to that diet? This coming from a guy from the Jersey shore.
    Good stuff from Mary B.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

I think you already know, but don't let those plateaus worry you when you hit one. Wt. loss seems to be an on again/off again proposition, where our bodies natural survival mechanisms create these plateaus periodically, where loss of wt. just doesn't come, but if we sustain the diet, all of a sudden the wt. will start falling off again. I don't understand the process fully, but it's observable, repeatable and predictable, so it must really be true whether I understand the mechanisms that cause it or not. It's the thing that often makes us over react when we suddenly don't lose wt. any more. I guess it's just like Christianity, and in the end, is there to keep us humble and to test our faith and humility level, and commitment to the process. Ain't it funny how these parallels work?

I have lost about 10 pounds in 8 days . No way I can keep that up to the end . I restarted so it came off quick but it is slowing down if you look at the weight each day. There will be bounce backs but you regroup and deal with it . Posting here helps ............I like pressure .

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Baron View Post
    Good morning pork butt,
    Keep up the good work. How about adding some fish to that diet? This coming from a guy from the Jersey shore.
    Good stuff from Mary B.

We both like fish . I have offered to make it (broiled) but Becky likes red meat ........huh ........magin that . Can't figure out who she got that from , lol .
    We have fish in the freezer , it's commin up quick .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Pine Baron you are right on both counts . NO MORE 'SHED' incidents ! In the reporting of it I didn't mention one funny thing (well it's funny now anyway) . I was leaned over the ace fence trying to breath , really pullin for air and my pants fell down around my ankles while Becky ran to get a chair . Couldn't let go of the fence or I'd go down . LOL , Becky got back with the chair and saw we had a new problem . She was confused and scared and now for some reason I'm standing there with my pants down , lol . She got my pants back up , she was embarrassed , LOL .
    When I read this this morning I thought it was a new episode.I've been chomping at the bit all day.tring to think how I was going to chew you out for letting yourself get this far down. I'm glad I re read the post.

Keep up the good work but remember your health is as import as your weight " eat drink and be merry for every thing else is foolishness "
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Don't worry rl69 with my life being based on the fact that I am stupid you'll get to chew me out probably sooner than later . Thank you for being ready and willing to do it ! Be on standby .

Boolit Master
    lol siting by the keyboard ready to pounce
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Weight 6-3-16 ;

Moderator Emeritus

Boaz, you're my hero! What you're doing ain't easy by a LONG shot, but you're getting it done. Just be careful with it. As the old saying goes, never let your lofty ambitions outweigh your better judgment. 1 lb/day is an awful lot to lose if sustained, so expect a little "feedback/backlash" from your body. Might be a good idea to ease up one day a week to keep your energy level up, and prevent at least some of that backlash? It's really different for each person, and it's something each person has to work out for themselves, and it's a frustrating process. Not trying to mess up your achievement, just trying to "give yo an out" once a week or so, so you can sustain the effort with a minimum of consequences. Many don't realize the consequences of such longer termed efforts, but there are some. I'm proud of you and what you're doing. I know how hard it is to sustain the effort. Yew go guy!

Blackwater I thank you for the encouragement , many have encouraged me here and I appreciate it . But you keep telling me it's hard and it is not . Read back a few pages on this thread , GOD is with me , I still pray daily for him to help me and guide me losing weight . HE is the one to give praise ...not me . Losing the weight has been easy with him leading me . All things are possible through him , he will help if your honest and try to do what he wants for you ! I have not had to fight or struggle to lose since this diet started . The only time I get in trouble is when I try to push or speed up his plan . Let me say again this has been and is still easy with his help . My whole point in reviving this thread is to show how he is working in my life , it is a praise to him .

So far I have lost 163 pounds , yea....Praise GOD !
    Last edited by Boaz; 06-03-2016 at 07:40 AM.

Yea, pork butt. 163 Lbs! That's a whole person, dang, there's a punchline in there somewhere.
    Keep with God's plan, you're doing great!

Moderator Emeritus

I understand, Boaz, and you're amazing. I weighed 158 lbs. when I got married. For many years, my wife complained that I never gained wt. and people would think she wasn't a good cook. Then when I DID start gaining, she made fun of me! Women! There's just no pleasing them!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    I understand, Boaz, and you're amazing. I weighed 158 lbs. when I got married. For many years, my wife complained that I never gained wt. and people would think she wasn't a good cook. Then when I DID start gaining, she made fun of me! Women! There's just no pleasing them!
    When I was 13 years old I shot my first coyote at night using a Weem's All Call . Took it home skinned it to cure it and hang on the wall in my room . Cleaned up the skull as much as possible . Dad was going to help me with the head , wanted to clean it up .
    Mom was suppose to be gone most the day so me and dad were sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee . Had the coyote head boiling in a big Folgers coffee can on the cook stove . Can was a little short so we had to flip it over every once in a while . We were enjoying just talking about the best way to proceed once we got all the meat cooked off ...enjoying the project . And then..........

We heard the front door open and we kind of drawed up . Mom came home early , she walked straight in the kitchen , the cookin coyote head smelt really bad . She walked straight over to the stove and looked into the can with the coyotes snout sticking out . She stood there for a second and said , "Good Lord, what are ya'll cookin!" I locked up , gonna let dad handle this. Dad slowly pulled the Little Melba cigar out of his mouth and explain what we were doing . Mom just kept looking at him and then back at the coyote head .
    She stood there a second and said "Claud, I don't expect much from him (like I was retarded) but you ought to have better sense than this ." She picked her purse up and left!

Me and dad had a few minutes of silence then he started explaining how intolerant women can be . We finished cooking the head and got it out of the house .

I still have it !