Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: GOD , please let me be just half the man I once was .

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    How are you doing today, Boaz?
    Doin great ! Glad the homegrown tomatoes are coming off here . I don't garden anymore but between neighbors and the farmers market I have to pass on the way to work I'm living on em . Sure do like fresh tomatoes ! had about half pound of cherry tomatoes for lunch 20 minutes ago .
    It's suppose to be under a 100 degrees today so it's a cool day in Texas !

Banned

^^^ Yes indeed. I was down to 180 and now back to 210. Goal is 170 +/-
    I am 5'9" so 170ish seems like a good goal. I lost weight though walking and proper diet/nutrition. I avoid too much sugar. I have a great supplement regimen. I have been sedentary for about four years and I attribute the weight gain to a lack of exercise as a short burst of exercise led to a 20 lb weight loss last year. Felt better at 190, for sure. Need to get back to some moderate excerise.

Boolit Master

I am shooting for 165. Can't seem to break the 174 mark. Bad knee is not helping things.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    I am shooting for 165. Can't seem to break the 174 mark. Bad knee is not helping things.
    DANG ! Your close ! Go for it ! I am in the same shape , lol . Yesterday Becky bought a recliner off Craig's List . We went to get it and had to break it down to get it out their front door . I was holding it up to make it easier for the lady selling it to take out two big twist screws and unpin the back . Lol , my right knee was popping and making strange noises , she was knelt down beside it and she said ; What's that sound ? I laughed and said ; It's just my knee mam and she looked up at me .
    Get er done ! DO IT !
    Praying for ya .
    Last edited by Boaz; 07-02-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    ^^^ Yes indeed. I was down to 180 and now back to 210. Goal is 170 +/-
    I am 5'9" so 170ish seems like a good goal. I lost weight though walking and proper diet/nutrition. I avoid too much sugar. I have a great supplement regimen. I have been sedentary for about four years and I attribute the weight gain to a lack of exercise as a short burst of exercise led to a 20 lb weight loss last year. Felt better at 190, for sure. Need to get back to some moderate excerise.
    It's a never ending battle jmort ! Pullin for ya ! Take it by the horns and show it what for !

Moderator Emeritus

I understand about the heat. Here in the swamps, it's been 100 + or - for a while now, and I'm just not up to fightin' it any more! I used to love this weather. I could go to the river and have it almost to my lonesome! Nowadays, I'm one of the ones back under the A/C! It's tough gittin' old an' becomin' a non-hacker! But it beats droppin' dead in the heat! And to think, back in the day, I used to go out in it for FUN! This gettin' old business can be a real pain sometimes, but beats the alternative! Keep up the good work, and as to those 'maters, they're my favorite summertime veggie .... along with all the others, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    I understand about the heat. Here in the swamps, it's been 100 + or - for a while now, and I'm just not up to fightin' it any more! I used to love this weather. I could go to the river and have it almost to my lonesome! Nowadays, I'm one of the ones back under the A/C! It's tough gittin' old an' becomin' a non-hacker! But it beats droppin' dead in the heat! And to think, back in the day, I used to go out in it for FUN! This gettin' old business can be a real pain sometimes, but beats the alternative! Keep up the good work, and as to those 'maters, they're my favorite summertime veggie .... along with all the others, of course.
    LOL ! You lament like I do ! Well it's a new ball game ... ain't it ! Yep the 100 plus ain't for me neither but got ta make a livin , lol . It's all gonna shake out in the end , dang wish I had tried to use my small brain instead of my back to figure things out a good while back .

Moderator Emeritus

LOL right back atcha'! It seems we have much in common about the back and the small brain! But with God's help, we can all do SO much more and better than we think we can! Truly, our brains limit us, and only our faith can help us rise to levels MUCH beyond what we OUGHT to be able to achieve by our lonesome. If that ain't humblin', nothin' could be!

How's the wt. coming? Hit a plateau yet?

It took me 24 days to do 10 pounds . That's actually pretty fast .....medically speaking . With the 'medical stuff' I have going on it's reasonable fast I think . Yea I have days I think I'll lose big and I gained half a pound or at best broke even from yesterday . Hacks me off because I ate really light . I haven't stalled out losing if I'm trying in the course of time . Always disliked the plateau theory most folks I know it means they are back to eating a box of Little Debbie's snack cakes for breakfast again every day

One of the biggest problem I encounter are social gatherings with food involved . Take church for instance , when we have a 'feed' (meal) I don't eat anything , there is nothing low cal ..believe me . I sit with a glass of tea and everyone keeps asking me ....or telling me . There's plenty of food , can I get you a plate ? Are you not feeling well ? Folks cut their eyes at me and wonder if I'm mad or something . Although they know I have lost better than 150 pounds and still working on it .

My senior class is having a fish fry next week , I donated $20.00 this morning , I will not attend and there will be suspicions over it .

Going out to eat with family or friends is troubling for them when I drink a glass of tea while they are ripping through a big platter of cheese enchiladas with the trimmin's .

Tomorrow we are having some family over for hotdogs and stuff , they will feel odd because I will have one hotdog with mustard . Ah well !

Haven't been any throw downs , acts of violence , cussin's or what not but it makes folks uncomfortable .

Two weeks ago I was sitting waiting to start our senior class bible study . The class sectary Nancy set a ginormous frosted donut in front of me and I told her I would pass . She just laughed and walked off . Well I couldn't go stick it back in the box after it had been served . Sit there and just not eat it like I'm mad ? I ate it .

Moderator Emeritus

I'm sitting here smiling. All of us who've dieted have met that situation, and it always makes me ashamed at how much I glory in such a ready-made excuse to "sin" on my diet. Sins, whether of the body, mind or spirit, really DO have their allure, don't they? But they also have their price, and you and I just can't afford to pay those prices much any more. It's humbling, but maybe that's why God gave us the challenge in the first place??? If you get it all figured out, you're smarter than I am, and I'm not in the least ashamed to admit it.

You have no idea how much it's helped me stick to my own regimen! Thanks for that. We can all do more together than we can separately, and it's heartening to see someone like you doing so well so consistently with it. Thanks for setting the example for us more wayward types. It matters.

Right now I'm eating a bit more for a few days . Not trying to lose , but just not gain . Taking a small break then back at it . If I don't build up a little between each 10 lb increment of loss seems I'll have a medical/physical episode of one kind or another . Got to let this ragged out body catch up to it's self . As compulsive as I am it's hard to back off but my Lord is with me , I'm relying on him...not me . If I listen to him I do well if not I fail. It's proven out so far .

My wife is after me to lose some weight, to reduce the incidence of gastric reflux (GERD) that I have sometimes. I just thought I was on the General Motors plan; I get a new body style every two years.

Seriously, I could stand to drop about twenty pounds, but just don't have the ambition to do it yet.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Wayne not telling anyone what to do but consider it . If it will help the reflux problem it would be worth it ? I' have never had it myself but know several that have and it can get bad . Most of the surgery connected with it is pretty traumatic if it gets that bad . I'll dang sure support you in thought and prayer when you decide to start a weight loss effort . It would be a privilege !
    Boaz

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Right now I'm eating a bit more for a few days . Not trying to lose , but just not gain . Taking a small break then back at it . If I don't build up a little between each 10 lb increment of loss seems I'll have a medical/physical episode of one kind or another . Got to let this ragged out body catch up to it's self . As compulsive as I am it's hard to back off but my Lord is with me , I'm relying on him...not me . If I listen to him I do well if not I fail. It's proven out so far .
    Now THAT is the way to really be able to stick with a diet as restrictive as yours is! You've passed this way before, I think, and have learned not to let your lofty ambitions outweigh your better judgment. Good on ya'. it's harder to have patience, and I'm the world's worst with it, but you're doing it EXACTLY right. There's always a bit of shifting sand under our feet when we attempt something as difficult as you are doing, and a good dose of patience and perseverance is the only REAL answer that won't cause you as many problems as it solves. You're one smart cookie, Boaz!

Today, I ate way more than I normally would. Had a BBQ at my son's river house with friends and extended family, and gee golly wow is that guy good with a smoker! But though I ate too much volume, I checked my blood sugar, and it was only 161 - less than I'd anticipated. Had a recent problem with my meter. Apparently, some of my test strips went bad, and I was getting readings in the 20's to the 40's fairly regularly. Startled, I ate more. Got some new strips and did an A/B test, and it confirmed the old test strips were kaput. I tossed them. But even a couple of weeks of eating too much, going by the defective strips, has got me now to having to re-adjust my body to what I'd been doing. Seems there's never an end to it, doesn't it? "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance," I guess?

You're an inspiration, Boaz! Keep up the good work!

I have rested up , Gained bout a pound and a half . Will go for the next 10 pound loss . There are other needs more important in the Chapel and no need to report daily . I am simply trying to provide through testimony how GOD is working in my life . It would be more served by not detracting from those in more dire need of prayer or encouragement . Thank you for bearing with me . Thank you for helping me , it means a lot to me .

Pork butt,,
    Thank you for your testimony, it's more important than maybe you realize. Keep at it my friend, you WILL ultimately succeed. And not to be a broken record, but please remember ...water, water, water. God Bless you.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314