Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prices for Titegroup powder

Boolit Master
    dang, I just got another email today with it onsale for ~16 a lb

Boolit Master
    where did you find it for sale for 16.00?
    I love TG.

I have not tried ETR7, but I may order some today. Just a 4 pounder.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 9w1911 View Post
    where did you find it for sale for 16.00?
    I love TG.

I have not tried ETR7, but I may order some today. Just a 4 pounder.
    Read the Expansion Industries thread first before you order.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

It works for what I load in revolver and it was available when several of the "old standby" pistol powders were unavailable. I have used it in a few auto loader calibers and it worked well enough. In at least one 1911 was better than Unique. Since I was ordering online and paying hazmat it made ordering larger amount more efficient. Pretty much will be using it as my new "standby" for revolver. At least for awhile. Only down side is it is concentrated so have to be very strict with watching for squib and double charges. Upside is I don't use much, especially for moderate plinking loads.

ETR7 has been bookmarked but it will be awhile before I need it, depending on how much of my Titegroup the kids and grandkids burn now that summer is arriving.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

I just bought 4lbs from Midsouth for $102.00 including shipping and hazmat fees about $60.00 cheaper than the local shops around here.I was going to get the 8# can but it disappeared before I could get my sales going.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Titegroup was about $27/lb here if I remember right. I just can't get it to shoot "well" with cast boolits. Always get lots of leading in the barrel so I shelf it.
    He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. -Psalm 91:1

$20 pound at Academy....it is there most every time I visit the store.
    NRA Benefactor

$28.99/# at Bass Pro near me on Friday. I still have a good amount so I passed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    When I reload 45acp with 230 grain bullets, I try to reach the 850 fps threshold. I don't have a chronograph or a place to use one so I rely on my Lee Reloading manual. It shows that a "full pressure" load of 4.8 grains of Titegroup should yield a 45acp 230 grain lead bullet speed of 855 fps. Or I can use a "minimum or lowest pressure" load of 7.0 grains of Ramshot Silhouette that the Lee manual says should yield a 45acp 230 grain lead bullet speed of 882 fps. It just depends on what results the reloader is looking for. I reload my 165 grain .40 & 124 grain 9mm to hit/exceed 1000 fps which is easy to do with a "minimum" load of VihtaVuori 3N37. I always use the powder that will hit the speed that I want but keep the pressure at the lowest.
    Your probably close with the TG 45acp load, I use it and it tends to match closely the Hogdgon data. I like the powder for low recoil loads, at 4.2gn with a 180gn bullet in 40 S&W is a comfortable load for my wife in her Glock 22. IIRC it was getting around 900 fps with very manageable recoil. Not a lot of muzzle flash either.

Boolit Master

I picked up a couple 4lb cans at Cabela's on sale a few weeks ago, worked out to something like $16/lb.

I just can't get it to shoot "well" with cast boolits. Always get lots of leading in the barrel so I shelf it.
    I haven't used any yet, but have seen this complaint about Titegroup several times while looking for info about it online. I'm wondering if I shouldn't have bought it. Anyone else have this trouble?

I have been using Titegroup off and on for a couple of years now. I haven't experienced any problems with leading at all.
    The only thing I ever noticed was that the powder seems to heat the gun up more rapidly than other powders do. This may just be a figment of my imagination though.
    As far as accuracy and function, no problems at all.

Boolit Master

Thanks. I'll give it a try when I get a chance. I did see a guy on a regional forum wanting to trade an unopened 8lb keg of Unique for the same quantity of Titegroup; said he bought the Unique because it was what he could find but preferred Titegroup. I was tempted to contact him but he's an hour and a half away.

I intended to use it for a variety of calibers- mid-range cast loads in 9mm/.40/.45/.38sp. It was cheap but then I started worrying about it being right for my intended purpose.

Found a 4lb jug of Titegroup today for $59.99 + tax. Too bad it was the only one they had.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    Found a 4lb jug of Titegroup today for $59.99 + tax. Too bad it was the only one they had.
    heck of a deal though~ at least you got the one

Saw 8 lb keg@$140 yesterday.
    $17.50 lb

I bought mine a while back. Grabbed up 10lbs when it was sold out before you could blink. The stuff works pretty darn good in my 45 powder coated. As someone mentioned earlier it doesn't mess too much with accuracy after bring stored a while.

I can't remember the price. I think it was about $17 per pound.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pretzelxx; 09-11-2016 at 05:33 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    $20 at Academy. Usually in stock.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    I have been using Titegroup off and on for a couple of years now. I haven't experienced any problems with leading at all.
    The only thing I ever noticed was that the powder seems to heat the gun up more rapidly than other powders do. This may just be a figment of my imagination though.
    As far as accuracy and function, no problems at all.
    This is absolutely true.. Titegroup is temp and position insensitive.. that is the positive..

The negative is the amount of Nitro-glycerine in it to make it work.. it does heat up the barrel of the firearm quicker than most (maybe not as bad as Lil'gun). Having used it for years in Action shooting.. it will heat up a pistol barrel faster than most other pistol powders.. that was one reason I switched to Solo 1000 some years ago.. Solo 1000 being single based and "cooler" than most.. but at the moment, Solo 1000 is unobtainable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12