Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: What size sinker?

What size sinker?

I picked up some sinkers to slug my 300 blackout barrel and the smallest they had was 3/8 oz egg sinkers. Turned out they were a bit to big and had to swage down to much size without just wailing on it. Anyone have a size they use for 308 that works well? I am going to have to do some searching to find the right size since this place did not have smaller ones..
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Nothin?
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Boolit Master

Boolit Master
    May I suggest just casting a pure lead bullet in one of your .30 molds, cutting it in half and using that to slug the bore. Also, a box of Hornady .310 round balls cost very little and give you 100 opportunities to slug .30 bores. If you're concerned that the bore is slightly bigger than .308, just tap them (either the cutoff lead bullet or the ball) with a hammer to flatten/expand them a skinch before pushing them through the bore. Perhaps too a forum member who casts them would provide a handful of .32 pistol bullets to use as .30 slugging material. Lots of ways to skin this cat without fretting over fishing sinkers.

Actually, I would be plotting ways to determine throat dimensions instead of groove diameters if you're searching for the right bullet for a particular rifle.

I don't have any pure, softest I have is wheel weights. No one locally carries round ball. I hate paying for shipping for such a small item alone.

Boolit Master
    PM me your address and I'll send you some.

Boolit Grand Master

I just use buckshot.