WidenersRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 47 of 71 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer for our nation daily

Boolit Master
    Dad's dad was a big ,powerful man from all the hard work. He worked and blasted in the local rock quarry until he got a job in road and bridge construction. He worked his way up to foreman and built bridges across smaller rivers..and one not so small... Dad and Grandad cleaned up the Effingham Hospital fire ( part of a crew) that killed 77 people. They would never talk about it. It was too gruesome...

Grandad was always proud of his solutions to the problems. He had a acre of BIG tree stumps to take out for a rest area the State was building. He had 2 big cats but they couldn't budge a stump 5 feet across. To one he attached a prong ( 10 inches in diameter and 8 feet long) on the blade. This cat made a hole down under the stump for dynamite. Put the dynamite under the stump and put the cat blade up against the covered hole. The blast would cut some roots and shake the dirt off the rest. That stump could then moved by the cat. A couple of days and that acre was clear...

Another time grandad was destroying some concrete bridge supports in town with dynamite. One man drilled a hole deep into the center of the rebar reinfored concrete for 1/4 stick of dynamite to be put in. Sand was then packed in the hole. Each one of the supports had an 'explosion mat' hanging around it. The cat blade was put next to where the hole was drilled.

On the very first support, grandad was around behind the cat ready to attach the wires to the blaster when a local man walked up. "You gonna use dynamite?" "Yep" "YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!! YOU'LL BREAK EVERY WINDOW IN TOWN. " Grandad just let him talk as he attached the wires. The man screamed on and on. Grandad just hooked up the wires and twisted the handle. They both heard a little 'pop' and the concrete support was cracked to pieces. A cat could now take it down.

The man who was screaming said, " Is that all there is to it?" "Yep" ..... "ok...carry on"

Dear Lord....This Country used to be filled with 'can do' people. Let us be this way again. Let us have Strength and Courage and Wisdom to face what we need to Face. Fill us with Love and Mercy. Let us follow Your path...Amen
    Last edited by castalott; 08-04-2017 at 02:15 PM. Reason: I need to proo fread better...lol

Moderator Emeritus

Lord, today I come to pray yet again that you would provide us with someone who can and will create a real and broad revival in our nation today, and all across the world, the likes of which has never been seen before. We have fallen away from you, Lord, as a nation, and have even had laws passed that eliminate you or the least word about you from our schools and most of our other institutions. It is as though Satan has taken command of the laws in our land!!! And yet, I know you can overcome this with the simplest expression of your will, and the smallest word from your mouth. I pray humbly and earnestly, Lord, that you would give us one great man who can and will call this nation back to its rightful recognition and worship and service toward thee, in all things, and correct our errors and sins of the past. I know we can never be a perfect nation, Lord, but we CAN be SO much more than we've ever been before! We are discovering so much in science, and yet, our children know so little when they graduate our modern schools! It's as if the schools were designed from the beginning to indoctrinate, rather than educate our young! You told us "Teach your children the way they should go, and when they get older, they will not depart from it." I believe this with all my heart, Lord, and this is what scares me! We are not even teaching our own children, but are relegating that to our gov't run schools, and they are indoctrinating them in disbelief, or at the very least, in the belief that "it doesn't matter anyway."

Forgive us, Lord, and help us to set these things aright. We can NEVER do it by ourselves, and we truly need a great leader who can and will stimulate all believers here to arise and take back our gov't and set aright the things that need so badly to be returned to their rightful place. Give us this leader, Lord, I pray earnestly and humbly, for we can never do what needs to be done in and of our own efforts. We need YOU, Lord, for without you, all is for naught.

Thank you for the many, many, many wondrous blessings you have bequeathed to us, that we might thrive and grow, providing only that we remember and worship you for all you have given us.

Let the haughty be hushed, and the deniers be silenced, and let the Word that you have so lovingly and generously given us, be once again, our guide, our rule and our way of life. These things I pray in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the Son of the one Living God, my Savior, my Redeemer and my best friend ever. Amen.

Boolit Master
    “Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them.” —Elisabeth Elliot

Dear Lord...Bless us Lord, as we go thru this day. Let us also be a Blessing to someone else. Let us learn to take care of ourselves and learn compassion for others. let us grow to be the men and women You would want...Amen

“Worrying is arrogant because God knows what He’s doing.” —Barbara Cameron

“He said, ‘Love . . . as I have loved you.’ We cannot love too much.” —Amy Carmichael

“We never grow closer to God when we just live life. It takes deliberate pursuit and attentiveness.” —Francis Chan

“Forgiveness is unlocking the door to set someone free and realising you were the prisoner!” —Max Lucado

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Dear Lord...Bless us Lord, as we go thru this day. Let us also be a Blessing to someone else. Let us learn to take care of ourselves and learn compassion for others. let us grow to be the men and women You would want...Amen

Thank you Dale . Amen
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    The new Airman was issued an M1 carbine and put on guard duty on the ready line of a bomber base. This was the middle of the cold war and we kept bombers ready to fly with nuclear bombs in them. This new Airman was the last line of defense to protect these assets...

One day he started hollering, "INTRUDER!!!!! INTRUDER!!!!! SERGEANT OF THE GUARD!!!!!! SERGEANT OF THE GUARD!!!!!!"

The base sprang to life and the Sergeant of the Guard ran to this new Airman. He did have an intruder face down in a mud puddle with his rifle touching the back of his head....threatening to blow his brains all over the runway if he so much as blinked.....

The Sergeant couldn't hardly breath... The intruder was wearing an Air Force uniform and had a row of Stars on it. The Sergeant recognized him as General Curtis LeMay.... THE Commanding General of the entire United States Air Forces. The General was doing one of his surprise inspections that no one knew about but him.....

Calling off his guard dog and standing the General up, the Sergeant started, "I'm very sorry Sir....this airman....."

One look from General LeMay and the Sergeant froze at attention.... " THAT IS EXACTLY HOW I WANT MY AIRPLANES TAKEN CARE OF!" The airman was promoted on the spot....

Dear Lord....Please fill this Land with Great Leaders again. Give us Hope and Faith... Let us have the Courage to do what is Right...and the Wisdom to know what Right is...Bless us All... Amen

Go here for a picture of General LeMay http://www.azquotes.com/author/8601-Curtis_LeMay

If you are going to use military force, then you ought to use overwhelming military force. Use too much and deliberately use too much; you'll save lives, not only your own, but the enemy's too.
    Curtis LeMay

If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting.
    Curtis LeMay

If we maintain our faith in God, love of freedom, and superior global air power, the future looks good.
    Curtis LeMay

I don't have time to distinguish between the unfortunate and the incompetent.
    Curtis LeMay

Don't like to do anything half-heartedly, even if it is a wicked and self-destructive avocation like smoking cigars
    Curtis LeMay

We're going to bomb them back into the stone Age.
    Curtis LeMay

Boolit Master
    We'll call him "Sergeant Bob"... He won't tell me what he did except he was in the Air force and he traveled around a lot. He was up at Thule Air Force Base in Greenland... It was an operational SAC base during the cold war and they took everything serious. One night the beacon failed. It is a radio beacon all the bases send out so the bombers in the air can triangulate to get their position. It was really a big deal before GPS.

Now a beacon is not a difficult thing. Any Ham Operator today could get one on the air if he wanted to. But this beacon had quit and there wasn't a spare...there weren't any spare parts either. No one knew what to do and Sergeant Bob looked thru the inventory to see if there was anything that could be used to get the important beacon back up until parts could be located. He found something designed for something else entirely....

It was a big monsterous thing...it wouldn't even fit in the electronics rack... it had to be 'jury wired' to the top of the slide out rack. But it would get the radio back up on the air....

Sergeant Bob was sitting on the floor hot wiring this thing in and thinking of all the Court Martial Offenses... Unauthorized part...unauthorized design change... unsafe installation...on and on he was thinking.... he never really noticed that the room got really quiet... "maybe I can plead insanity ...or ignorance..."

Then a voice behind him said, " What are you doing , Sergeant?"

After he thought about it for a few days, he wished he had said something else...but he tired..it was very late at night...he wanted the beacon back up for those aircrews...

He said, " I'm gonna fix it or I'll fix it so nobody can fix it." Then he turned around and looked.... All he could see were General Officers with Stars on their shoulders... He recognized General LeMay and knew this was one of those surprise inspections....

He turned back to his work and tried to think.... " Should I just go outside and wait for the MPs? No...I want the beacon back up. So he finished his work , flipped the switch, and the Beacon was working!

He never did hear anything about what he had done one way or the other. The beacon was quickly replaced with a new one and that was that....except it wasn't the end of the story....

"Sergeant Bob" was transferred to a Stateside Air Base and one day he was given a job to adjust some equipment at General LeMay's private residence. He did so and took the work order to the General's Butler to be signed... "Not a chance...The General signs his own work orders..."

He found the General and presented the work order. The General, puffing on his cigar, read the work order and grabbed a pen to sign. Not even looking up while he was signing, the General said, " Well I see, Sergeant, that you are still fixing things or fixing them so no one can fix them."

I was told this as a true story...

Dear Lord....Mercy to us all as we wander this world.... Let us do our Duty to You and Ourselves... Let us strive to be Good and Good for Something... Bless us All...Bless our New President...Amen

Moderator Emeritus

Another great story about some truly great men. YOu don't HAVE to be a general to be truly great! Most heroes are the grunts who do crucial things, and most never get credit for it .... nor do they WANT credit, usually! They just do what's needed, and that's all that they care about or intend. Most heroes think it's foolishness to honor them for what they've done. REAL heroes are always humble, and most, I believe, are humble BECAUSE they just feel very much blessed by God. They know it was God holding their hands and blessing their efforts in what they did.

And Lord, we pray that you'd bless and keep all the blessed men and women who stand in trouble's way on our behalf today. Keep them, Lord, and ease any pains they may incur. And when some pay that "last full measure of devotion," take them into your bosom and comfort and accept them for what they've done, and how much they've meant to those of us left behind. Let us all honor them, and revere their memory and lives. Faith is just a word until someone puts it into action, Lord, and these have done SO much for SO many! Thank you Lord, for them, and the wonderful and majestic examples they have set for those of us who remain. Thank you for their lives, their honor and their memories. Take care of their families and loved ones, Lord. And give them the sweet milk of thy wondrous Love.

And Lord, our nation is in dire need of a strong and broad revival. Satan is running rampant about our land, and spreading his evil thoughts and malicious deeds! Help us, Lord, be the kind of Christian that can effectively deter Satan's actions and will. Keep us on the straight and narrow, and help us all be better examples of what you taught us we should be. Forgive us, Lord, our sins and acts of omission, and strengthen us, and edify us so that we can receive your messages to us more clearly and confidently. Lord, we are in dire need. There are so many, many young folks who love you, and want the chance to serve you. Bless them with that chance, I pray, and grant us yet a while longer, where we may show our love for and devotion to you, and these young ones can prove themselves.

These things I pray in the name of the Lord my God, my Savior, my Redeemer, and my best friend ever. Amen.

Boolit Master
    One last "Sergeant Bob" Story.....

The Air Force needed "Sgt Bob' somewhere and usually when time mattered, a commercial airline ticket was procured. So there sat "Sgt Bob" in the airline waiting to board. An Air Force Colonel walked up to him and said, " I'm bumping your spot, take the next flight." This used to be normal routine.

Sgt Bob, in his slow southern drawl, said , "I'm very sorry Sir, but you can't do that."

"Why not?"

"I am on urgent Air Force business and I must go."

"What do you do?"

"I can't tell you, Sir."

Now the Colonel's BS meter was screaming and he kinda came unspooled. After a few exchanges, they agreed that the Colonel should call Sgt Bob's Commander and straighten this mess out.

"You and your Commander will both be sorry for messing with me...."

Sgt Bob only heard one side of the conversation....

" THIS is Colonel 'So and So' and I want to speak to 'Sgt Bob's" Commanding Officer RIGHT NOW! I've about had it with.....(silence) ........ Yes Sir.... No Sir..... He did Sir.... No need for that Sir....No Sir, everything is ok.... (click)"

Colonel So and So looked at Sgt Bob with wide eyes and said.. "WHO ARE YOU?"

All I can tell you is that Sgt Bob kept his seat....

Dear lord...Please Bless and Protect us everyday. Lead us down the Path You would choose. Let us be the Men and Women You would be proud of... Amen

Moderator Emeritus

Dear Lord, our nation is in an uproar about things that have happened, that need not have, lest some with ulterior motives had made things go badly. Heal us, Oh Lord, I pray! The people we listen to in our media have an ulterior motive in everything they do and say now, it seems, and few will simply tell us what has transpired without trying to paint it one way or the other. Heal our people, Lord, and let them realize what is really going on in our land today. Make them wise, and not sheep to be led to the slaughter! Open their eyes so they might see, and unseal their ears that they might hear, and open their hearts to the real Truth, Lord! We need Truth so much now, and it seems the scarcest thing around! Only you can heal this land now, Lord, and I humbly and earnestly pray that you will reach down your mighty hand, and heal this land from those who'd destroy it, and all just so they can have the power they seek, and make things the way THEY think they ought to be, and NOT as our nation was originally intended and designed and built up to be.

Return us to the ways of our fathers and forefathers, Lord. Open eyes, so that they can see what's right there in front of us! Open their ears so they might hear the Truth. Open our hearts, so that we can receive the messages you have so lovingly provided for us. Heal our souls of anger, pride, resentment, and all forms of evil! Let us once again be the humble but diligent and willing sort of people who built this nation once. Grant us your wondrous mercy, Lord, I pray, for we have sinned some great and grave sins, and are in need of thy redemption. Forgive us, I pray, and let there be a revival in the nation the likes of which has never been seen before. Give us a great spiritual leader - someone like Billy Graham, or whoever you know we need to have, to open enough eyes and ears, and heal enough hearts, that we might once again be something like what you always intended for us to be. These things I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, my Savior, my Redeemer, and my all. Amen.

Boolit Master
    I can't help but think we are on the edge of a trial of some sort... This is a good time to be good 'Boy and Girl Scouts". Start with your beliefs.... Know for what you will stand and for what you won't...

The rest is preparation ... The things that keep body,mind, Soul, friends, family and Country together....

Dear Lord...Thy Will be done... If we have a Trial, let us rise to the Meeting of it. Fill us with Faith, Hope, Courage, Wisdom, Understanding, Mercy, and Love...Let us not stumble in Your and our Duties...Amen

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”
    ― Haruki Murakami

“A best friend is the only one that walks into your life when the world has walked out.”
    ― Shannon L. Alder

“A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.”
    ― Robert Frost

“Our most significant opportunities will be found in times of greatest difficulty.”
    ― Thomas S. Monson, Pathways To Perfection: Discourses Of Thomas S. Monson

“To live greatly, we must develop the capacity to face trouble with courage, disappointment with cheerfulness, and triumph with humility.”
    ― Thomas S. Monson, Pathways To Perfection: Discourses Of Thomas S. Monson

“I show you doubt, to prove that faith exists.”
    ― Robert Browning

Moderator Emeritus

Lord Jesus, our nation seems to increasingly be set upon by those who hate what we have traditionally stood for. Save us, Lord! We don't seem to know how to do it ourselves! You gave us good instruction and advice and yet, we STILL can't seem to follow it! You have promised us that if ONLY we who believe will abandon our ways, and adopt yours, and trust YOU, you will heal our land! I pray Lord, that you will provide us with a man from wherever you want to draw him from, who will lead us, your people who call ourselves by your name, to return to the kind of humility, determination and ways that you prescribed for us so very long ago now. Forgive us our sins! We try to find you in OUR ways, rather than the ways you left us to find You! We err, and cannot seem to stop erring, in so many, many ways.

We NEED you, Lord, for without you, and your blessing, we are nothing, and we are lost, and along with us, all else is lost as well. Let us once again, Lord, be the "backbone" of the nation simply by following what you prescribed for us to do and be. Help us to find our True Faith again, and to accept it as it is, and not try to twist it into what we want it to be.

Thou are the Lord of lords, the Sage of sages, and the Way, the Truth and the Light. No man cometh unto the Father but by you. Return us, Lord, to the way we once were - faithful if often erring, servants of thee, and unafraid of whatever the world puts before us. Our fathers and grandfathers fought the Nazis and the Japanese in WWII. We are now engaged in a very different kind of "war," one in which ideas are the battleground, and we, your servants, have been very lax in our taking your word to the "enemy." And because of that, our nation is faltering, and may well fail unless we return to you.

But many of us are weak, and have failed to "study to show ourselves approved," and we need your divine help. We cannot do it alone, and we know you won't do it alone without us highly involved in the process. Take us Lord, and USE us! Use us in a way that we so often find wondrous and mysterious to us! And all we have to do is simply be faithful to what you tried so hard to teach us! Mercy, Lord! Have mercy on your pitiful creation that we are! We are weak. Thou art strong! Grant us one leader who can and will attract the media, to spread the word that will open eyes, unplug ears, and open the doors to many hearts.

This I pray in the wondrous and holy name of Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God, our Savior, our Redeemer, and the best friend we'll ever have in this world. Thank you for all you've given us, Lord, and Amen.

Boolit Master
    "Not all those who wander are lost....." Tolkein

Dear Lord...Great Forces are on the move... Times are changing but most not for the Better... Your Servants are fewer and Your Detractors are many.... I ask You, Humbly on my Knees, for your Intervention and Guidance in these days. The Safe and Honest World we all grew up in is a shambles in many places. We need The Love, The Mercy, The Hope that sets us Free..... Amen

“I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars.”
    ― Stephenie Meyer, Twilight

“There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”
    ― Anonymous, Holy Bible: King James Version

“I don't think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains.”
    ― Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl

“It is often in the darkest
    skies that we see the
    brightest stars.”
    ― Richard Evans

“A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on.”
    ― Carl Sandburg

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself”
    ― José Martí

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

Boolit Master
    You all need to know once again that you have good blood in your veins. (This idea is from Robert Heinlein.) I don't care where you lived in the past or the present...you are of a good stock of human beings. I don't think we are as physically fit or even as mentally fit as our ancestors but we can be.

My point is this: What we all lack is a good swift kick in the pants. We are cream of the cream...not bottom of the barrel. Quit thinking you are losers and start performing like winners.

Dear Lord, Please Bless us Lord... Let us be the Men and Women You want us to be. Fill us with Strength, Courage , Love, Wisdom, Intelligence, Perseverance, and Faith. Let our problems fear us....not we fear them. Thy Will be done...Amen

'RT' thought the firefight was going bad and he might not make it out of Vietnam. He wasn't afraid to die but was terrified of being a POW. His wife was heavy with their first child and he desperately wanted to hold it in his arms.

He asked God to save him...And He did! He made it out of Vietnam and that is the end of the story- almost. He felt God wanted him to place a Church in a tiny little burg of probably under 50 people four years ago... It has a membership of over 60 people now.... RT heard the call and rose to the occasion... a lesson for us all...

You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.
    Maya Angelou

Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
    Jacob A. Riis

A failure is not always a mistake. It may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.
    B. F. Skinner

Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.
    Julie Andrews

Champions keep playing until they get it right.
    Billie Jean King

Boolit Master
    And a few more quotes....

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
    Robert Collier

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    Winston Churchill

A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.
    Jim Watkins

It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
    Confucius

" I must see you...I will climb the highest mountain, swim the deepest sea, cross the hottest desert...and I'll be over tonight if it doesn't rain...." my High School English Teacher making fun of us guys about our girlfriends.... 5 decades ago...

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Lord help us to be who you would have us be . Give us strength and guidance , show us your work to be done . Thank you Lord . Amen
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Amen & Amen
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    No one has any idea of what is to come from the World today. Several places are downright unstable... and we as a Country are not united as we should be. This is a good time to be prepared for whatever may come.

Dear Lord.... Prepare us for the Future. Please start with our Souls and our Attitudes. Fill us with Courage ,Faith,Hope, Freedom, Strength, Wisdom, Love ,and Mercy. Let our Children think of us as 'salt of the Earth'. Let us be an example of how you want humans to live. Let us rise to whatever level You need... Amen

As our own species is in the process of proving, one cannot have superior science and inferior morals. The combination is unstable and self-destroying.
    Arthur C. Clarke

It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.
    Yogi Berra

Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.
    Charlie Chaplin

Take no thought for tomorrow; for tomorrow shall take thought for the things of itself. -- Matthew 6:34

Future: That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends are true and our happiness is assured.
    Ambrose Bierce

I've read the last page of the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right.
    Billy Graham

The young sailor at sea was ordered to climb a mast to adjust a sail during a violent storm. He got halfway up, looked down, got dizzy and sick. An old sailor on deck shouted up to him Look up, son, look up. Young sailor looked up, regained his composure, and completed his mission. Moral: Look ahead, not back.

We have inherited the past; we can create the future.

We all need to take great interest in the future because we will spend the rest of our life there.

Boolit Master
    All war represents a failure of diplomacy.
    Tony Benn

Dear Lord... We ask for Peace on this Earth. Not that we should fear fighting for what is Right but that we all can learn to live lives in Your Example. Love and mercy to us all, Amen

Britain and France had to choose between war and dishonor. They chose dishonor. They will have war.
    Winston Churchill

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.
    Voltaire

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace, what did they produce? The cuckoo clock.
    Orson Welles

In war there is no prize for the runner-up.
    General Omar Bradley

In war, resolution; in defeat, defiance; in victory, magnanimity.
    Winston Churchill

It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.
    General Douglas MacArthur

"Let someone else get killed!"
    "Suppose everyone on our side felt that way?"
    "Well then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?"
    "Englishmen are dying for England, American's are dying for America, Germans are dying for Germany, Russians are dying for Russia. There are now fifty or sixty countries fighting in this war. Surely so many countries can all be worth dying for?"
    "Anything worth living for," said Nately, "is worth dying for."
    "And anything worth dying for," answered the old man, "is certainly worth living for."
    Joseph Heller
    Catch 22

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'
    Winston Churchill

Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime. Ask the infantry and ask the dead.
    Ernest Hemingway

Sixteen hours ago an American airplane dropped one bomb on Hiroshima . . . The force from which the sun draws its power has been loosed against those who brought war to the Far East. (First announcement of the atomic bomb, August 6, 1945)
    Harry S Truman

Moderator Emeritus

Lord, my nation and my people are facing many dangers today. We have a rogue nation with atomic bombs seemingly flaunting going to war, and acting anxious to do so. We have a huge and very powerful storm headed to this land again now, and another one behind that one. Lord, we have been a very unruly lot of your children, and deserve judgment, not grace. But as you gave your life for us all, that we might have grace instead of judgment, I pray you would work your mighty works, and guide us through these challenges and dangers. Give our leaders and whoever needs it, the knowledge and wisdom to meet the challenges these things will present us with. And thank you, Lord, for still giving us a chance to do better. I pray we will learn from these things. Amen.

Boolit Master
    "A persons a person, no matter how small." Dr Suess

Dear Lord... On our knees we ask for Mercy from this terrible storm. So many will be hurt... All the little ones need You now. Let these winds drop away in Your Divine Mercy...Amen

Luke 6:36 “Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful.”

Matthew 5:7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.”

Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Psalm 33:22 Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.

Psalm 109:26, 27 Help me, O LORD my God: O save me according to thy mercy: That they may know that this is thy hand; that thou, LORD, hast done it.

Page 47 of 71 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast