Titan ReloadingPBcastcoRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
WidenersLoad DataRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer for our nation daily

Boolit Master
    Tonight Lord we remember those who struggle every day. Those with troubles broad and deep. We ask for mercy, help , and relief for those who grind every day taking care of their aged mother and finding the money just to live and dealing with health problems all at the same time. Love, Faith, Mercy, Hope, and Strength for those who wander thru a wretched world... Amen

"If you're in trouble or hurt or need-- go to the poor people. They're the only ones that will help--the only ones. John Steinbeck

"Sometimes all you can do is lie in bed and hope you fall asleep before you fall apart." Unknown

“Words are singularly the most powerful force available to humanity. We can choose to use this force constructively with words of encouragement, or destructively using words of despair. Words have energy and power with the ability to help, to heal, to hinder, to hurt, to harm, to humiliate and to humble.” » Yehuda Berg

“Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” » Dalai Lama

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”
    C.S. Lewis

“Listen to God with a broken heart. He is not only the doctor who mends it, but also the father who wipes away the tears.”
    Criss Jami

1. “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”
      – Winnie the Pooh

1. “What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.”
      – Confucius

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you castalot .

Matthew 40;41-45

“Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’44 “Then they also will answer Him,[d] saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

Great posts, both of the above. It's so easy to overlook or forget the weary, the forlorn, the poor, the unkempt, the untidy, the poor in spirit. But if we do, it's US who we harm, and not them! "There but for the Grace of God go I" used to be heard pretty frequently when I was growing up. I never hear it any more now. Kind'a reflects the changing of ethics and morality in our nation, in my view. But Christ has given us the most wondrous and wise advice and counsel we'll ever have, and it has NEVER changed its content nor thrust in over 2,000 years now. And it won't ever change, for it advises us properly, and not according to our sentiments or emotions of the moment. But it's always the very best advice we'll ever get. And all we have to do is stay calm enough to take it. Even when we WANT to do something different. Do we serve an almighty and wonderful God, or what?

Boolit Master
    What an evening..... the conversation from little cashier at the food mart ...

"I wish I had been born in the 90s..."

Yep...I was born in the 1950s...."

"You had it all... The 50s, 60s,70s , 80s and 90s. You were lucky!"

I was taken aback. i have socks older than her. And she understands so well.... I did have it all. The times when it was glorious to live in this country... I am so Thankful.... No matter how much money she earns in the future, she will never have what I had in those years...

Dear Lord..... We Thank You for untold Blessings... We Thank You for All the Good we have seen. We Thank You for the Good People who made our lives so good. Give us the Courage and Wisdom to give these to the coming Generation. Please be with those that need You desperately. Please Bless and Protect our New President... Amen

There is an expiry date on blaming your parents for steering you in the wrong direction; the moment you are old enough to take the wheel, responsibility lies with you.

Failure meant a stripping away of the inessential. I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy into finishing the only work that mattered to me. Had I really succeeded at anything else, I might never have found the determination to succeed in the one arena I believed I truly belonged.

Those who choose not to empathise enable real monsters. For without ever committing an act of outright evil ourselves, we collude with it, through our own apathy.

As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters.

All J K Rowling

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you Lord for all given that I take for granted . Thank you for myself that you created . Thank you for giving me to my parents who loved me and taught me of you . Thank you for giving me all that has happened in my life that has made me who I am . Thank you for protecting me from myself many times . Thank you for always being with me . Amen
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

Heavenly Father, I come to you today to pray for my country, and all the inhabitants thereof. Please, Lord, extend your mighty hand and grace upon us. Please send us a great messenger, who will bring us the words to un-harden our hearts, and open our eyes, that we might once again be able to see and hear your wonders! Bring us back to thee, oh Lord, and give us a sign so that so many who falter and fail in loving you, might once again become your beloved ones, and do thy will, instead of our own. We have many trials and temptations before us. Instill in us thy wondrous love and grace, that we might resist all that assails us so wretchedly today. Save us, Lord, from our willful natures. And only thy hand can achieve this now, I believe. We need a great leader, from the field of our politics here, or wherever, who will make us stop and think about what we do and want to do. Let your light so shine that even the profane might be instilled with thy wondrous nature and love. This I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God, my Savior, my Redeemer, and my best friend ever. Amen.

Boolit Master
    Humor me tonight...

Sit up straight, raise your chin, clear your eyes and have Courage!

Say "Please Lord, give me Courage!" and he will give it to you!

Take stock of yourself. Are you calmer? Clearer thinking? Better vision? Does your body seem eager for your Will? This is the Way God intends you to be ALL THE TIME! Be a man in the eyes of God...

Dear Lord.. In all Your Giving, Please remember Courage for us All. Let us be the Men You intend. Let Us do our Duty to You, The Constitution, our Family and Friends, and Ourselves. When we are weak, let us remember generations past whose Glory. Strength, and Honor we seek to equal. Bless us all to Your Will. Bless our New President and let him have Mercy, Love, and Faith in his Heart. Let him have Victory in his Hands... Amen

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, or sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

- unknown

"FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT"
    - 2 CORINTHIANS 5:7

“It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.”
    Benjamin Franklin

“Character is doing what you don't want to do but know you should do.”
    Joyce Meyer

“The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first and love of soft living and the get-rich-quick theory of life.”
    Theodore Roosevelt

“If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.

[Inaugural Address, January 20 1961]”
    John F. Kennedy

“Human happiness and moral duty are inseparably connected.”
    George Washington

“Be with a leader when he is right, stay with him when he is still right, but, leave him when he is wrong.”
    Abraham Lincoln

“Do something everyday that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.”
    Mark Twain

“So nigh is grandeur to our dust,
    So near is God to man,
    When Duty whispers low, 'Thou must,'
    The youth whispers, 'I can.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson, Emerson: Poems

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Our country is in danger and folks are arguing about nothing. Lord forgive us our shortsightedness to not see your plan and get on board with you to reverse the direction of America. Help us pray harder gripe less and follow you closer.
    Amen

Moderator Emeritus

Amen, Jim! We have become SO "comfortable," we oftentimes figure we have no real NEED to do much of anything except rock along and go with the flow. But there's NEVER been a surer way to perdition! We don't LIKE to "struggle," but if we don't, nothing good happens! I think that's why Castalot's quote by Twin about doing something we don't WANT to do daily is such good advice. When we follow OUR wills and likes, things inevitably go downhill, and if continued very long, can put us right down at the bottom of the trash heap! Only continual striving for better can we ever hope to be worthy of what our Founders and forebears so generously bequeathed to us today.

Lord, I beseech you yet again for a great leader who will speak the words we need to hear to revitalize and reactivate our Faith. Speak to us the Truth through whatever messenger you choose, and give us what we NEED, that will help us forget what we WANT, and do THY will instead of our own. Thou are the great and wonderful God of Heaven and earth and all the universe, and praised be they wondrous name! Forgive us yet once more, and teach us as we need to be taught, I pray. Give us the answers that so many of us secretly seek, but have quit searching for. Let us come once again to recognize Thee in the way that is rightful for a lesser, willful creature to regard its maker, Redeemer and Savior. Forgive us our past sins, and give us what we need to drive us onward and higher. Make us strong and diligent in our recognition of thy will, and the performance thereof. In thy holy name I pray. Amen.

Boolit Master
    You are never in more danger than when you think you are safe. I therefore urge you all to be prepared. Spiritually, morally, physically, mentally, and Faithfully...

Dear Lord.... Let us all be prepared for You and what may come in this world. Let us not cower in fear but Stand in Faith and Courage. Let us not cower in confusion but STAND in wisdom and understanding. Lead us down this Path... Fill our New President and our Hearts with Love, Faith, Hope, Strength, and Courage. Thy Victory be Yours, Amen...

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    Winston S. Churchill

“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”
    E.E. Cummings

“The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.”
    Coco Chanel

“Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
    'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him.”
    George R.R. Martin

“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing.”
    August Wilson

“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    Anaïs Nin

“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.”
    Mark Twain

“When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”
    Paulo Coelho, The Devil and Miss Prym

“There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everyone you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater.

But sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk toward a better life.

That is the sort of bravery I must have now.”
    Veronica Roth, Allegiant

“Freedom lies in being bold.”
    Robert Frost

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.”
    Victor Hugo

“Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.”
    Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Moderator Emeritus

Amen. And thanks for those great quotes. I love one-liner thoughts that are pregnant with meaning and relevance. Thanks.

Boolit Master
    All gave some... Some gave All.... No truer words were ever written... Let us remember today those that made our good lives possible... Not just those who served in the Military but those who served The Lord and all of us. Be Thankful for the Courage and Goodness of those before us...

Dear Lord... Today we Thank Thee for those who made our Lives Good. We Thank You for their Courage and Hard Work. We Thank Thee for Your Love and Blessings. Let Us never forget the sacrifices You and They have made for us. Amen

“Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air…but only for one second without hope.”
    Hal Lindsey

“Preparedness, when properly pursued, is a way of life, not a sudden, spectacular program.”
    Spencer W. Kimball, 1976

“Be prepared.”
    Boy Scout Motto

“Climate is what you expect, weather is what you get.”
    Robert A Heinlein

“Remember; when disaster strikes, the time to prepare has passed.”
    Steven Cyros

“The more you know, the less you have to carry. The less you know, the more you have to carry.”
    Mors Kochanski

“There’s no harm in hoping for the best as long as you’re prepared for the worst.”
    Different Seasons, Stephen King

“Circumstances can force your hand. So think ahead!”
    Robert A Heinlein

“Make preparations in advance – you never have trouble if you are prepared for it.”
    Theodore Roosevelt

“Knowledge is the key to survival, the real beauty of that is that it doesn’t weigh anything.” Ray Mears

Boolit Master
    Today the cold stones replace warm love. We remember those that meant so much.

Dear Lord... As we travel this world, let us remember those we love who have gone on. Those whose lives, hopes, and dreams were cut short. Those who left such an empty hole in our souls. We Thank You that such people existed and were so good to us. We ask for Your Love and Mercy for them. Amen

“May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

“You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don’t worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” —Walter Hagen

“A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” —Charles Darwin

“All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.” —Emily Dickinson

“Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet.” —Sarah Louise Delany

“The truth is you don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.” —Eminem

"They say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time."

—Banksy

“The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us.
    It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear."
    - Silvetris

Moderator Emeritus

Amen, Castalot. And it'd be sad for us not to pray a special prayer of thanks for all the people who have paid the ultimate price for us, so that we might retain the blessings of liberty today. Jefferson said that the Tree of Liberty had to be watered from time to time with the blood of Patriots. Today is the day we've set aside to remember these people, and their blood sacrifice, that earned us the blessings we have retained for over 200 years now, for ourselves and our children and (hopefully) for our children's children. God bless those who sacrificed so very, very much for all of us. They fought not because they hated what was in front of them, but because they loved what and who was behind them. "Greater love hath no man than that he lay down his life for another." God bless those who laid down their lives so we might enjoy the fruits of liberty, and the joys of our Faith today. Amen.

Boolit Master
    I pray that our elected leaders will see the renewed push for isolationism and nationalism through the lens of history and take bold steps to halt those destructive ideologies before they take root in those not disciplined enough to realize the horrible outcome of placing unfounded power in the hands of a few who's design is to incite fervor and hatred in hopes of creating a "them" to demonize. I pray democracy and capitalism are standing tall at the end of four years. I pray that disinformation is seen and quelled by those who see American values as more important than the tendencies of authoritarian tyrants. I pray that the same state sponsored alternative facts used by the Russians to control the flow of information do not become more blatant and bloated as they permeate and infiltrate the minds of those in our great country who do not wish to see the truth because they are blinded by primal rage reactions propagated by master manipulators hell bent on power. I pray the Christian right read the Bible to see the words of our creator that say we should be on the lookout for false prophet and Antichrist in any incantation. The great deceiver is alive and well and I pray call on true Christians to stand up for the Biblical principals passed down by generations. Remember your fathers and grand fathers. How would Jesus view our leaders today. Truly--what would Jesus do? This I pray daily for our nation
    Last edited by birch; 06-01-2017 at 11:13 PM.

Banned

I pray that this ^^^ prayer is ignored. It is sick to use this thread as a substitute for The Pit.
    Last edited by jmort; 06-01-2017 at 11:26 PM.

Boolit Master
    This is my prayer daily and nightly. It is my prayer to God as I see the end times as a very real possibility stressed in the bible many times. It is my duty as a christian to spread the word of God. If there is anything in my post that is not based on biblical principals, please highlight them and I would be glad to remove them. Every idea has roots in the good book. And this I pray for my nation daily--many times a day.

Banned

"I pray that disinformation is seen and quelled by those who see American values as more important than the tendencies of authoritarian tyrants. I pray that the same state sponsored alternative facts used by the Russians to control the flow of information do not become more blatant and bloated as they permeate and infiltrate the minds of those in our great country who do not wish to see the truth because they are blinded by primal rage reactions propagated by master manipulators hell bent on power. "

This is a start. I am sorry, but it seems like complete nonsense. You say this "prayer" night and day???
    Wow

Boolit Master
    Yes--i pray this every day. I pray for my family and loved ones and then I pray for my nation. I pray god will open the hearts of good people to see the constant flow of negativity designed to divide our country is horrible in every way. Every day I pray this.

I also pray for Christians to be open enough to see that our leader represents every single one of the deadly sins--all 7 of them and then some.

Daniel 11:21

In his place shall arise a contemptible person to whom royal majesty has not been given. He shall come in without warning and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.

2 Thessalonians 2:3

Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,

Proverbs 6:16-19

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
    Last edited by birch; 06-01-2017 at 11:46 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Dear Lord, I come to you now to beseech you for a great revival in our land. Send us a great leader, Lord, from the realm of politics or wherever you pick them, who can and will speak the words that we need to hear, to cause us to return to thee, and understand your will for us and the nation. Give our leaders the words we need to hear to have faith that thy will is with us, and will sustain and correct us. Give us the ears to hear and the eyes to see, that we might come to understand Thee more fully, and do thy will, rather than our own.

Cleanse us of all fear and doubt, and instill within us the certain knowledge of and appreciation for your wondrous will for us, IF we'll simply humble ourselves before Thee, and do thy bidding instead of our own. We have strayed Lord, FAR from the things you intended for this nation to do and be. Forgive us, I pray, and heal our land, and grant us the understanding of Thy will, that we might do the work needed to bring it to pass. I pray for a reprieve from our sins, for we have sinned much and horribly. We have even come to murder our own children! And yet, you stand there, observing all this, and have yet to destroy the evil in our world.

Father, there are many of us who still love you, and try to discern and do thy will. Even we fail sometimes, and you still hold our hand, and pull us up, that we might continue onward, and hopefully, learn enough that we don't stumble and fall quite as often or as badly as we once did. We are in great need of your forgiveness and grace and love. Forgive us, I pray, and heal our land. Let all who now follow their own wills so haughtily, have the scales removed from their eyes, that they too might see, and know you are God.

Thank you for the loving grace and kindness you've so long shown for this nation, and all believers everywhere. If we fall, Christianity will be sorely challenged, I know, but some will stand with you no matter what. Give us strength to endure the things we find horrible to us. Grant us the wisdom to keep our paths straight, and ever closer to Thee. And thank you for the innumerable blessings you have showered down on all of us for so very, very long now. Thou are the Wonder of Wonders, and Giver of All Gifts, and we owe all to you - everything we are or aspire to ever be. Blessed be thy Holy name, forever. In Christ's name I pray. Amen.

Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast