WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
PBcastco Repackbox
Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer for our nation daily

Boolit Master
    “Faith is not so much something we believe; faith is something we live.”
    ― Joseph B. Wirthlin

I have been in a lull lately... unable to do my duty here.... and yes I consider these posts a duty. It is time to rededicate myself....

Dear Lord... Tonight we ask for Strength and Courage. And Wisdom and Insight... We all have a duty to do... To You..To those we love... To our Constitution... and to ourselves. Give us a Great Determination to never surrender..never give up... Let Us stand for Goodness and Righteousness every minute of our lives... Lead us down the Path you choose... Bless our new President and Protect him... Amen

The success of any great moral enterprise does not depend upon numbers. William Lloyd Garrison

In great contests each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God. Both may be, and one must be wrong. Abraham Lincoln

“There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy”― George Washington

"God helps those who help themselves" Algernon Sidney

Perma-Banned

Amen!

Moderator Emeritus

Amen!

And Lord, I pray for our leaders today. You have given us a good man who seems to want to set things aright, a man of faith who may not talk about it a lot, but who does the hard things so that many might benefit. Be with him, I pray, and lead, guide and direct him and his appointed helpers and managers. Give them the knowledge and insight and determination to change all that needs to be changed, and the words and inspiration to inspire the nation's people to turn once again to Thee. Without you, nothing is possible. With you, all things are possible. You are what this nation needs, and needs so very badly now! Praised be your Holy name forever, and grant us this great blessing, I pray. In thy Holy name I pray. Amen.

Perma-Banned

Amen!

Boolit Master
    ..and also pray that people might hold their leaders to the standards of righteousness outlined in the bible. Urge our leaders to value their neighbors and mothers more than wealth and fame. Hope our leaders don't brag about their material wealth on earth, and instead use their time to strive for a heavenly kingdom. The meek shall inherit the earth. Insist that our leaders don't engage in sexual perversion and mock those who might not be as fortunate as themselves.

I pray that people be on the lookout for Antichrist--someone who might be able to cleverly fool the masses with a quick tongue, but really represents everything evil the bible warns us about.

This I pray

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord... Raise us up to be what You intend for man to be. Let us practice all the virtues and discard all the vices. Let us, with strength and power, seek after sweet Love and Mercy. Please Heal our Bodies, Minds, and Souls. Let our Faith grow and be our backbone in this world... Amen

17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
    King James Version (KJV)

"He is richest that has fewest wants." Cicero

O, the blood more stirs
    To rouse a lion than to start a hare! William Shakespeare

All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come,
    thither they return again. King James Bible

Have a place for everything and keep the thing somewhere else; this is not advice, it is merely custom. Mark Twain

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Amen .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord... We are only here a little time and then "pass thru life to eternity.' Let us use this time to seek answers and truth. Let us use this time to seek and spread love. Let us use this time to be better in every way. Guide and Protect us and our new President... Amen

With Malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds. Abraham Lincoln

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King

“The King did what all wise husbands do. He did as he was told.”

Boolit Master

Amen & Amen
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    I 'seen' an old friend yesterday. Larry was killed in a house fire in 2006 and I stopped to say 'hi'. Yes. I know he is not there but i said 'hi' just the same.... His simple tombstone had his name and US Navy- Vietnam....

Dear Lord... Thank You for all the Good we have all had... Let us appreciate the Good People, the Good Dogs, and the Good Things we have and have had. Help us to remember to Give Thanks... Bless us and our New President. Amen

“Take charge of your life! The tides do not command the ship. The sailor does.”
    Ogwo David Emenike

“A sailor is not defined as much by how many seas he has sailed than by how many storms he has overcome.”
    Matshona Dhliwayo

"Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen."– Orhan Pamuk

"Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." – Agnes Sligh Turnbull

Amen castalott. We are blessed daily by what the Lord has given and those he has put in our path .

Moderator Emeritus

Amen! And thanks a lot, castalot, for keeping this thread going so diligently. It matters, and I believe it matters to the country.

Boolit Master
    There is a simple theory that you find what you look for. If you want a wild time and want to run with a fast crowd...you'll find it. If you want to be with calm ,good people, you'll find that also. What are you looking for? Do you seek answers to age old questions? Do you want someone just to brag on you and make you feel worthy? Be careful of what you seek.....

Dear Lord... We Thank You for the steady compass in our travels. We Thank You for not being blown by the wind here and there.....

We are all on a journey and go many places to learn of You ,Life, and Ourselves... We ask that we may be Good Students and learn our Lessons Happily... Please Bless Us and our New President... Amen

" I am what I am and that's all that I am." Popeye the Sailor

“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”― Ronald Reagan

“There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.”
    Arthur Conan Doyle, The Boscombe Valley Mystery

“You have a grand gift for silence, Watson. It makes you quite invaluable as a companion.”
    Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Sherlock Holmes

“Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.”
    Arthur Conan Doyle, The Valley of Fear

“It may be that you are not yourself luminous, but that you are a conductor of light. Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it.”
    Arthur Conan Doyle

“I wanted to end the world, but I'll settle for ending yours.”
    Arthur Conan Doyle

“Holmes and Watson are on a camping trip. In the middle of the night Holmes wakes up and gives Dr. Watson a nudge. "Watson" he says, "look up in the sky and tell me what you see."

"I see millions of stars, Holmes," says Watson.

"And what do you conclude from that, Watson?"

Watson thinks for a moment. "Well," he says, "astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Meterologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. Theologically, I see that God is all-powerful, and we are small and insignficant. Uh, what does it tell you, Holmes?"

"Watson, you idiot! Someone has stolen our tent!”
    ― Thomas Cathcart
    Last edited by castalott; 05-05-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Amen ! Thank you castalott . I understand , I am still traveling . Bless you brother .

Boolit Master
    A ship in a storm without a rudder is doomed. It can't go where it wishes even in fair weather. Men are the very same. Before the storm, get your moral rudder in top shape.....

Dear Lord...Please help us all believe what is Right and Good. Let us, without thinking, know what to do and how to respond in any storm. Please bless Us and our New president... Amen

“Education never ends, Watson. It is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
    Arthur Conan Doyle, His Last Bow: 8 Stories

“How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?”
    Arthur Conan Doyle, The Sign of Four

“I am somewhat exhausted; I wonder how a battery feels when it pours electricity into a non-conductor?”
    Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Dying Detective

"Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses.” – Elizabeth Taylor (actress)

“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” – Charles De Gaulle

"Dogs never bite me. Just Humans" - Marilyn Monroe

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself."– Josh Billings (humourist)

Moderator Emeritus

Amen! So simple, and yet, so very, very vital to all that we are and do, and what our world is to become! It's so easy, and yet .... we fail so often to do the EASY things. What a wonderful Lord we serve! How could we NOT want to do all the little things He has given us to do? They add up, and in large part, determine what kind of world we will be living in. What could be more just?

Boolit Grand Master

While I pray for our nation daily, and for wisdom for our leaders, I do not presume to tell God what to do. He has thousands of years of experience managing human governments. I know not His plans nor His timing, so I pray that His will be done through flawed and fallible human agencies. I am available to Him daily, and He knows it. That's all I can manage.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

Lord, I pray today for our leaders of this country. Give them the words and sentiments we need to hear, that we as a nation might return to Thee, and fulfill our destiny as I believe you originally intended for us. Help us to not continue to become drunk on all the excesses our modern world has wrought for us to benefit from, and we in turn have turned into unGodly uses. We are in sore need of a real and huge revival, Lord, the likes of which has not been seen before. But to achieve this, we need a great and powerful and charismatic leader. I pray, Lord, that you might select from those we have in power, or those you can bring to power and prominence, and give us a great leader who can and will speak the words we need to hear to chastize and edify us in the way in which we need to again go. Inspire us, oh Lord, and bring us again to our knees, that this nation might once agan be that "shining city on a hill," and a light unto so many millions' path. Turn us from the depravities and sins and excesses of our current being, and set us aright, that we might be more pleasing to Thee.

And Lord, I pray that you might be gentle in all this, and in dealing with we who truly love you. We are weak and not very bright, and have trouble discerning what your intent is for us many times. Keep our hearts and minds close to Thee, that we might continue to do better over time.

Protect our nation from egregious harm, I pray. I fear, Lord, that without us, the whole world will go wholesale and in total to evil. Thou art the final arbiter of these things, Lord, and this is just my humble prayer for you today. And thank you for all you have SO freely given to all of us! Thou art the great God of the Universe and of Heaven and earth, and all praise rightly are due thee. Forgive us when we stray, or err. Thy wonders and patience with us is so very humbling! Thank you for that, and all the other many, many, many blessings you've provided for us. I will always be in awe of Thee. Thank you, and amen.

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord.... Today we pray for Strength and Wisdom... Let Us know Right from Wrong and seek Right. Let Us remember who we are and what we have to be Thankful for.... Amen

“It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” –Charles Spurgeon

“God has promised to supply all our needs. What we don’t have now, we don’t need now.” –Elizabeth Elliot

“In happy moments, PRAISE GOD. In difficult moments, SEEK GOD. In quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD. In painful moments, TRUST GOD. Every moment, THANK GOD.” –Rick Warren

“Gratitude is an offering precious in the sight of God, and it is one that the poorest of us can make and be not poorer but richer for having made it.” –A.W. Tozer

“Genuine thankfulness is an act of the heart’s affections, not an act of the lips’ muscles.” –John Piper

“When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” –G.K. Chesterton

Thank you castalot . Amen

Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast