Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer for our nation daily

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord... Today we remember who we are and what we are... We give Thanks for our many gifts.. Faith ,Hope, Courage ,Strength, Wisdom, and Understanding... We give Thanks for the Material things and for the Love in our Lives... Let us all do our Duty... Please Protect and Help our President...Amen

"Governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed." The Declaration of Independence

"When the guilty is acquitted, the Judge is condemned. " Roman Maxim

"The Lord gets his best soldiers from the highlands of affliction." Spurgeon

"Millions for defence but not one cent for tribute." C.C. Pinckney

Perma-Banned

Amen!

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord.... With Faith and Hope we look forward to the new day.. being flawed we can never be perfect... But we can try.... we can always show the Fruits of the Spirit..

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance (patience), kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." (according to Paul the Apostle)

This is a plan to live our lives.... This is a way to show our Faith... This is a good way to be....

Please Bless and protect us all... Be with those that need You desperately... protect our new President..

Amen

"Had I but served my God with half the zeal
    I served my king, he would not in mine age
    Have left me naked to mine enemies."

Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues
    We write in water.

I charge thee, fling away ambition:
    By that sin fell the angels.

Heat not a furnace for your foe so hot
    That it do singe yourself.

All are William Shakespeare

Boolit Master

Amen & Amen
    Being human is not for sissies.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Amen .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

Amen! Absolutely stellar!

And please let us never forget that, as Yogi said, "It ain't over 'till it's over." We need to be constantly thankful and humbled by the great gift He's bestowed on us. Our nation yet has a chance to turn back to Him. A greater gift I can't imagine! Let's all of us be thankful for this daily, and pray for our nation unceasingly. We've got 41 pages now, but that's just a good beginning ..... I hope!

"But if MY people will turn from their evil ways, and return to me, I will hear their prayers in Heaven, and will heal their land." What a wondrous promise for us today! We're seeing evil in all manner of forms and degrees taking over slowly and by degrees. Only a return to the Almighty will halt and reverse that. Evil is always progressive. Goodness is always challenged, and many times, sorely so. Eternal vigilance and constant, unceasing prayer, can yet work wonders, though. It's always been that way. The only thing that's varied, really, is the degree and form these challenges take. History, basically, records the constant battle between good and evil, and when people get lax, they face the inevitable consequences for their willfulness. It's as certain as night following the day.

We here had the "Gay 90's," followed by WWI. Then the "Roaring 20's" followed by WWII. Good times always make us feel a sense of license to enjoy them a little TOO well! Humility and thankfulness are the cure, but they surely don't come naturally to us. So .... we often have to re-learn the age-old lessons we've been having to relearn since nearly our beginning here.

Ain't it funny how that works?
    Last edited by Blackwater; 04-04-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord... Remembering this day all the Good thru out our lives, we give Thanks for Your Love and Mercy... Having made errors again and again we give Thanks for Your Patience and Constancy.... Please Bless and Protect us all....Please Bless and Protect our New President... Amen

I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. My sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history, naval architecture, navigation, commerce, and agriculture, in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry, and porcelain.John Adams

One cool judgment is worth a thousand hasty counsels. The thing to do is to supply light and not heat. Woodrow Wilson

Reagan: “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”

Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! Patrick Henry

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord... Today we remember our Loving Mothers... Kind, Gentle, Good, and Good for something... We remember the Courage and the Patience they had in raising us... The Dreams they had and the Hopes that our Lives would be better. We remember how they gave until their fingers bled and the Love in their Gentle Touch... Please Bless and Protect All we Love so Desperately... Amen

For they conquer who believe they can. John Dryden

We must adjust to changing times and still hold to unchanging principles. Jimmy Carter

Never do anything against your conscience even if the state demands it. Albert Einstein

For, under God, we are determined that wheresoever, whensoever, or howsoever we shall be called to make our exit, we will die free men. Josiah Quincy II

I tell ye Hogan's r-right when he says: 'Justice is blind.' Blind she is, an' deef an' dumb an' has a wooden leg!

Peter Finley Dunne

Moderator Emeritus

Amen! And as we just got a 9th Justice sworn in today, I pray that our Lord will grant him the insight, judgment and knowledge to help return this nation to where it was always intended to be - a CHRISTIAN nation, that lets all others exist peacefully, if they but will abide by our simple rules of civilized behavior. God grant this nation a new beginning, with the new administration and a new Justice. He has blessed us SO tremendously! May we be worthy of a continuance of His inestimable Love, Mercy and Kindness. And may we all appreciate what He has for so very long now given us, and never forget whence it all comes. Amen.

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord... This day we ask for Peace in this World. No sane or good person wants war. So we ask for Blessings of Peace and Hope for better days. Please lead us all down the Path you would choose. Amen

"As lazy as Lulam's dog, that leaned against a wall to bark." John Ray

"He has all the characteristics of a dog- except loyalty." Thomas Green

"Let us so endeavor to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

"For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security." - Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

Amen . . .
    Being human is not for sissies.

Moderator Emeritus

Ditto! Revelations says there will be cries for "Peace, peace," but peace will not come. I wish I understood Revelations better, and could decipher it and know what's coming and when, but it also says that it will come "like a thief in the night," so next best thing is to be constantly as prepared as we can possibly be to meet our maker. None of us knows the hour of our death, by whatever cause it'll come. All we CAN do is simply be prepared, and constantly vigilant, always with our "eyes on the Prize." Do that, and we'll fare well, no matter what comes our way. God bless the USA and our leaders!

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord... So many have hearts broken today...So many have hearts cold as ice today... So many have little Heart today.. Please Bless and Heal them all... Those whose path is difficult...whose Path is lonely... whose path is is filled with hurt and longing...

Please give us all Love, Mercy, Strength, Wisdom, Courage, Understanding, and Hope... Bless us all....Bless our New President...Amen

Do little things now; so shall big things come to thee by and by asking to be done. Persian proverb

Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death. Omar N. Bradley

God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it. Daniel Webster

I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. Barry Goldwater

Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.
    Finley Peter Dunne

Moderator Emeritus

Lord, our nation is suffering from a bad attitude. An attitude of "entitlement." We seem to have come to think that things will always be "good" because our forefathers, who sacrificed SO much to make it that way, made it this way so it'd continue without any effort or sacrifice on OUR part today! We have become willful and assumptive - never things to give birth to good results! We have turned our faces away from you, and toward licioviousness and pridefulness and haughtiness, and indulgence in whatever type of vices and evil that present themselves to us as temptations.

Please, Lord, remember us who have tried diligently to follow your words and advice, you so lovingly left us after YOUR wondrous Sacrifice, so we could be here today and show our haughtiness, and lack of respect and remembrance of what you did on that old cross. We yet have some truly fine young people, by human standards at least, coming up among us. Remember them, I pray, and bless them and their efforts. Keep them mindful of what you did for us all, and every vigilant that they might not follow the "madding crowd" in evil and dissipation. Lead and guide them, and tend them as you would sheep. For they are all our hopes for tomorrow for this nation.

And grant, I pray, our leaders the wisdom, insight, understanding and courage to lead us righteously, and lead us back to where you always intended for us to be - A Christian nation that really tries to serve thee, and live up to the standards that you left for us to follow. Grant our leaders the words that so many need to hear, to make them stop and think, and realize whence all our blessings have come, for all time. Lead us Lord, to a great revival in this land, and the conversion and re-establishment of the Faith that so many either deny now, or have forgotten, and left behind them.

Grant us, Lord, the inestimable pleasure and satisfaction, of knowing thee better and more fully. Let us think about the scriptures we so often take so lightly, and learn to discern their true value and meaning to us, and all we love. We have come to take our natural resources for granted, and pluck from the vine without replacing, or even intending to replace. We are wasteful and hedonistic. Show us the error of our ways, before they become irreversible.

Thou are an exceedingly loving, just and worshipful Lord. Be patient with us yet a while longer, I pray. And grant us the knowledge and appreciation for what you have so wondrously and generously given us. Lead us back to where we belong, I pray, via our leaders and the words you give them to touch our hearts and minds. These things I pray most earnestly, and in thy name. Amen.

Perma-Banned

Amen!

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord... Most people are good but those don't seem to rise to the top in politics , media, or government. I ask You ,Lord, to help the good ones aspire to leadership. Let them be good and good for something. Let them travel the Path you would wish. Let them seek after goodness and Righteousness.. Let their thoughts not be "How can I profit..." but "How can I better serve My Lord, My Country, My Constitution, and My People..." Please Bless our new President...Amen

“In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem. It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”

Ronald Reagan

A slogan attributed to the US armed forces in WWII was "The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer".

"Alright, alright...it's impossible...how long will it take?" Commander Adams ( Leslie Nielsen) in the movie "Forbidden Planet" ( replying to his chief engineer about repairs to his ship)

Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory. George S. Patton

Perma-Banned

Amen!

Moderator Emeritus

Wow! If our elected representatives did this, we'd truly live in a very different world! Thanks. Great prayer. And "Amen!"

Boolit Master
    We all want to change the world and to do that we must start with ourselves. If we live the life we wish others to live maybe our good example will cause others to want to be good and good for something.

Dear Lord... We wish to change the World to a better place. Let Freedom, Honor, Love, and Fair Truth shine thru out the Land. Let all the Virtues be commonplace and all the vices hard to find. Lead us down the Path You would have us go....Protect our new President... Amen

We prefer war in all cases to tribute under any form and to any people whatever.

Thomas Jefferson

"...homely as a singed cat.." Mark Twain

that he had rather be on his farm than to be made Emperor of the world.... Quote about Thomas Jefferson

"No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney!" Al Smith

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord... Today we Thank You for All we are and All we have... We remember the Goodness of those in our Lives.... We Thank you that we live in a Great Country... Please lead us down the Path of Goodness and Righteousness... Amen

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." Chester Nimitz

" ‘Half a truth is often a great lie.’ - Benjamin Franklin"

"Gentlemen, there comes a tide in the affairs of ******** when no amount of cursing will suffice. Let us merely observe a moment of silence, like a deaf-mute who has just hit his fingers with a hammer." John Barrymore

Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast