RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2PBcastco
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer for our nation daily

Boolit Master
    “The reformer is always right about what is wrong. He is generally wrong about what is right.” – ILN, 10-28-22

“It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.” – The Cleveland Press, 3/1/21

Dear Lord.... President trump has made his Supreme Court pick. Both of these men talk of the Constitution, Honor, and You. Thanks for Your Grace to us... Thanks for Your Love to us... Please protect us all and especially The President and those he chooses to save our Constitution.. Thy Will in all things... Amen

“There are two kinds of fires. the Bad Fire and the Good Fire. And the paradox is that the Good Fire is made of bad things, of things that we do not want; but the Bad Fire is made of good things, of things that we do want.” – The Wrong Incendiary, A Miscellany of Men

“There are two ways of getting home; and one of them is to stay there.” – Introduction. The Everlasting Man

"Judge: a law student who marks his own papers."
    — H. L. Mencken

PRECEDENT, n. In law, a previous decision, rule or practice which, in the absence of a definite statute, has whatever force and authority a judge may choose to give it, thereby greatly simplifying his task of doing as he pleases.
    — Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

"Some people try to get out of jury duty by lying. You don't have to lie. Tell the judge the truth. Tell him you'd make a terrific juror because you can spot guilty people."
    — George Carlin

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography. Ambrose Bierce

Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly. Ambrose Bierce

Childhood: the period of human life intermediate between the idiocy of infancy and the folly of youth - two removes from the sin of manhood and three from the remorse of age. Ambrose Bierce

Boolit Master
    “The intellectual mind judges a book after having read it.
    A fool’s mind judges a book by its title.”
    ― Ellen J. Barrier

Dear Lord...Your Mercy and Grace show in our new President... He appoints great people and stands for what is right. Please fill him with Wisdom, Strength, Courage, and yes, Mercy. Bless us all and Protect us all... Amen

ok...Ambrose Bierce "devil's Dictionary" day....

Bride: A woman with a fine prospect of happiness behind her. Ambrose Bierce

Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others. Ambrose Bierce

Bigot: One who is obstinately and zealously attached to an opinion that you do not entertain. Ambrose Bierce

Lawsuit: A machine which you go into as a pig and come out of as a sausage. Ambrose Bierce

Coward: One who, in a perilous emergency, thinks with his legs. Ambrose Bierce

Revolution, n. In politics, an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment. Ambrose Bierce

Eulogy. Praise of a person who has either the advantages of wealth and power, or the consideration to be dead. Ambrose Bierce

Cynic, n: a blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. Ambrose Bierce

Love: A temporary insanity curable by marriage. Ambrose Bierce

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher. Ambrose Bierce

Patience, n. A minor form of dispair, disguised as a virtue. Ambrose Bierce

Academe, n.: An ancient school where morality and philosophy were taught. Academy, n.: A modern school where football is taught. Ambrose Bierce

Cabbage: a familiar kitchen-garden vegetable about as large and wise as a man's head. Ambrose Bierce

Mad, adj. Affected with a high degree of intellectual independence. Ambrose Bierce

Marriage, n: the state or condition of a community consisting of a master, a mistress, and two slaves, making in all, two. Ambrose Bierce

Philosophy: A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing. Ambrose Bierce

Edible, adj.: Good to eat, and wholesome to digest, as a worm to a toad, a toad to a snake, a snake to a pig, a pig to a man, and a man to a worm. Ambrose Bierce

Moderator Emeritus

Amen! And thanks for those quips. I really enjoy them. Surely make you think, don't they?

Boolit Master
    "Beauty fades. Dumb is forever."
    — Judge Judy

Dear Lord... Our nation goes thru growing pains... Please Bless and Protect President Trump as he fixes all these problems.. Thank you for Your Grace and Mercy... Let us all do our Duty to You and to the Constitution of the US. Protect us all..... Amen

Egotist: a person more interested in himself than in me. Ambrose Bierce

Dawn: When men of reason go to bed. Ambrose Bierce

I never said all Democrats were saloonkeepers. What I said was that all saloonkeepers are Democrats. Ambrose Bierce

Acquaintance. A person whom we know well enough to borrow from, but not well enough to lend to. Ambrose Bierce

To be positive is to be mistaken at the top of one's voice. Ambrose Bierce

Absurdity, n.: A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion. Ambrose Bierce

Ambidextrous, adj.: Able to pick with equal skill a right-hand pocket or a left. Ambrose Bierce

Deliberation, n.: The act of examining one's bread to determine which side it is buttered on. Ambrose Bierce

Education, n.: That which discloses to the wise and disguises from the foolish their lack of understanding. Ambrose Bierce

Positive, adj.: Mistaken at the top of one's voice. Ambrose Bierce

Barometer, n.: An ingenious instrument which indicates what kind of weather we are having. Ambrose Bierce

Friendless. Having no favors to bestow. Destitute of fortune. Addicted to utterance of truth and common sense. Ambrose Bierce

Women in love are less ashamed than men. They have less to be ashamed of. Ambrose Bierce

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Lord our people have gotten complacency back in their hearts. Wake them up to pray harder for your will to be done in this country and humble themselves and seek renewal of heart with you.
    Protect your anointed leader and give him fresh wisdom each day to direct this country back to you. Expose the ones behind the riots for the evil ones they serve as they are deceived by Satan.
    Amen

Moderator Emeritus

Lord, the nation has been given a great and powerful leader, and we have begun to sink back into our desperate cynicism and haughty depression that things aren't easy and are taking some real effort. Forgive us, I pray, and lend Your mighty Hand to the fight we face, in order to restore this land to some semblance of what You always intended for us to be. Let our new leader SHOW us how we should go, and what we should do, to be successful and return to a state of real greatness, like we once were. Help us to see that without you, and your wondrously positive ability to influence us and our land, we'll only continue on the downward spiral that we have, hopefully, been saved from by this election.

Grant, Lord, or leaders - all of them - the words we need to hear to inspire us, and motivate us, and save us from ourselves and our willfulness and weaknesses. Without You, we can do nothing. With You, there's no limit to what we can achieve. So we ask most humbly for your blessings, even though we know you've already blessed us far more than we could ever "deserve." Yet we ask for yet more, because we're so weak and willful, and cannot do this on our own. Grant us the inspiration and motivation we need, Lord, to make even just we believers arise, and do thy will, and bring others to your wondrous light. Help us to not falter, Lord, but be strong, and learn to be strong, even in our weaknesses, so that we and our children and our children's children, might still enjoy all that my generation has. Save us, Lord, from ourselves, and our easily dampened attitudes and expectations of ourselves, and our faith. These things I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord, My Redeemer, and my best friend. Amen.

Boolit Master
    Compromise, n. Such an adjustment of conflicting interests as gives each adversary the satisfaction of thinking he has got what he ought not to have, and is deprived of nothing except what was justly his due. Ambrose Bierce

Dear Lord.. Somber thoughts become Sincere Prayers... Raise Thy Mighty Hand again in this Land... Let Thy Champion loose to go and do what is needed...Bless and Protect him and those he calls out to serve. Let us all do our Duty to him and You... Please Bless us all... Amen

Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don't give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people. Tena Desae

My dream is of a place and a time where America will once again be seen as the last best hope of earth. Abraham Lincoln

We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. Martin Luther King, Jr.

All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. Abraham Lincoln

Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future. Robert H. Schuller

A leader is a dealer in hope. Napoleon Bonaparte

My mother-in-law said, 'One day I will dance on your grave.' I said 'I hope you do; I will be buried at sea.' Les Dawson

Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country. Marquis de Lafayette

"LAFAYETTE, WE ARE HERE." These words were spoken during World War I at the tomb of the Marquis de Lafayette during a speech honoring his heroic service in the cause of the American Revolution. On 4 July 1917 Paris celebrated American Independence Day. A U.S. battalion marched to the Picpus Cemetery, where several speeches were made at Lafayette's tomb. The historic words uttered on that occasion, "Lafayette, nous voilą" (Lafayette, we are here), have been popularly, but erroneously, attributed to General John J. Pershing. He stated that they were spoken by Colonel Charles E. Stanton, and "to him must go the credit for coining so happy and felicitous a phrase."

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord,

Please help those who feel torture is something that should be done to any human being. Also, please help those who only wish for material wealth and fame above all else in this world.

Boolit Master
    If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out? Will Rogers

Dear Lord.... We ask today for Blessings we have never earned... We get them thru Your Grace and Mercy. Please Bless and Protect our Land. Teach each of us, as individuals, to show Love to our Fellow Men. let us read the Word and Understand. Let our Understanding take us to Action. Let our Actions return us to Your Grace...

A Special Prayer for our Leaders... Let them be Wise, Strong, and Merciful... Amen

Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke. Will Rogers

You've got to go out on a limb sometimes because that's where the fruit is. Will Rogers

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. Will Rogers

When the Oakies left Oklahoma and moved to California, it raised the I.Q. of both states. Will Rogers

About all I can say for the United States Senate is that it opens with a prayer and closes with an investigation. Will Rogers

What the country needs is dirtier fingernails and cleaner minds. Will Rogers

I'm not a real movie star. I've still got the same wife I started out with twenty-eight years ago. Will Rogers

“Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing.”
    -Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Money and women are the most sought after and the least known about of any two things we have. Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing. Will Rogers

Dear Lord... Today we remember Love, Mercy, and Forgiveness. Who among us does not need these things? We ask for Your Blessings and Your Hope. Lead us down the Path you would choose. Protect our new President and Lead him to always do the Right Thing.. Amen

An economist's guess is liable to be as good as anybody else's. Will Rogers

The fellow that can only see a week ahead is always the popular fellow, for he is looking with the crowd. But the one that can see years ahead, he has a telescope but he can't make anybody believe that he has it. Will Rogers

A holding company is a thing where you hand an accomplice the goods while the policeman searches you. Will Rogers

Now if there is one thing that we do worse than any other nation, it is try and manage somebody else's affairs. Will Rogers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. Will Rogers

We don't seem to be able to check crime, so why not legalize it and then tax it out of business? Will Rogers

Alexander Hamilton started the U.S. Treasury with nothing, and that was the closest our country has ever been to being even. Will Rogers

Moderator Emeritus

Amen, RL. And again, thanks for the eminently quotable quotes you've included. Love them all. We pay such close attention to the babbling of the inane all around us, I guess as a self-devense tactic, that it's good to see words of wisdom that ring SO true in our modern day, as they did when first spoken. Insight is a thing that most people have forgotten how to even seek any more, and quotes are like the "Reader's Digest" version of "the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey put it. Quotes are concentrated mini-lessons, and we could all benefit from just reading books of significant quotes daily, along with our Bibles. Good work. Thanks!

Boolit Master
    “Women like silent men. They think they're listening.”
    ― Marcel Achard

Dear Lord.... Today we remember all the Wonderful Blessings we have. Thank You for the Good Things in our lives.. Good Family, Good Friends, Good Times... Bless and protect us All.... Protect our New President... Amen

“Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.”
    ― Charlotte Whitton

“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” ― Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky

- "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity." (The Green Hills of Earth)

- "Science is no more than an investigation of a miracle we can never explain, and art is an interpretation of that miracle." (The Martian Chronicles)

- "You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading."
    Ray Bradbury?

Boolit Master
    A Special Prayer for Oroville...

Dear Lord... Sincere Prayers for the good folks at Oroville and downstream... Please hold the dam together and hold back the rains. Man has always thought himself smarter than nature and You. We build things that should never be built. Forgive our shameful ways .... Please ,Lord, Mercy for these folks... Amen

Perma-Banned

Amen!

Boolit Master

Amen to the above. Prayers that the blessing of rain to a drought stricken land does not become a curse. Surely there must be scripture that tells a similar story.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Moderator Emeritus

Amen! And once again, I pray for our new leaders, and that God will give them the words we need to hear, and let them achieve the things we need to see, so that many will be led back to the central concepts and truths that have so long made this country unique and great, and most especially, that many might be led to revive their knowledge, respect and acceptance of Christ and all that He tried to teach us. This nation, and no other nation, CAN succeed without the good Will of God. This has been proven throughout history. Great nations have risen up, but failed to last when they ran counter to God's will. We will not escape that judgment any more than any other nation has throughout mankind's total history. We will return to Christ, or we will inevitably fall. God is patient, and doesn't wave a magic wand and "poof," his will is done. He lets things mostly work out as they naturally and inevitably must, when they go against His good advice and instruction. And to know that advice and instruction, we have to accept Him as our Lord and Savior. There IS no other way. Almighty God, we beseech you to bless the United States of America, its new leaders, and that you will give them the words and deeds we need in order for many to return to you again. Thank you, and Amen.

Boolit Master
    Another sincere Prayer for Oroville....

Dear Lord.... Mercy for those in danger... Help and Blessing to those that suffer... Let Thy Mighty Hand calm the dangers in Oroville... many thousands of good people need Thy Help...

Please also Bless and Protect our new President... Let him be Strong and Effective... Fill his Heart with Love and Goodness... Let him preserve this Land, this People, this Way of Life, and The Words we live by- Our Constitution... Bless all our Leaders in this matter... Amen

Boolit Master

Amen - Such a great prayer - and thank you
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    another Sincere Prayer for Oroville...

Dear Lord.... Thy Will be done as in all Things.. But Please ,Lord, Mercy for those in danger... Abate the storms...quell the rains.... calm the floods.... Of those People there, many thousands are Thine... Please have Mercy for us All.....

Please Bless ,Protect, and Lead President Trump... Give him Wisdom, Strength, Power, and Victory... Fill his Heart with Love, Mercy, and Care... Let all our Leaders be so... Amen

Moderator Emeritus

Dear Lord, as we approach the end of our new leader's first 30 days in office, I want to thank you for what he has been allowed to do, via your precious interention. Thank you, Lord, for giving us this new leader, and teach us all, Lord, how to be better followers of him than we so often are of following you. We are weak and willful, and unable to manage ourselves without your intervention and Grace. We pray that you would give this new leader, and those in office he has picked to serve, the words and deeds necessary to get the attention of the willful body politic that exists in this country today. We need so very much, we can only pray that your patience with us will extend yet a bit further, even though we know we are not worthy, and could never "earn" such a reqeust. We pray for grace, and must depend on your immaculate Love in order to ask for such a boon. And so, we kneel humbly before Thee, and pray this simple and most earnest prayer. Give us, I pray, yet a while longer in this world before you re-send your Son to gather us all in for the Final Reaping. Give the young who love you so much, a chance to show their mettle to you. They are growing up in a world surrounded by all manner of evils. If they can withstand all this, maybe they will succeed where we, who grew up with so very much just given to us, have failed. Give them a chance, Lord, and give our new leaders the words and power to move people's hearts, that they might return to thee, or come to thee for the first time if they've never known faith. This I pray most humbly, with the full knowledge that only Thy pure and immaculate Love could ever bring this about. Forgive us our sins and wayward deeds, and save us yet again, I pray. Amen.

Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast