Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoLee PrecisionWideners
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 37 of 71 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer for our nation daily

Perma-Banned

Amen!

Blackwater...you hit the nail on the head with your thoughtful prayer...GOD'S hand is all over the results of this election...and we DID NOT deserve it. NOW...it is pretty much on us to do our part. Thank you

Boolit Master
    2 Chronicles 7:14King James Version (KJV)

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Dear Lord.... Today bears the Fruit of Thy Mighty Hand in our Land. We Thank You for This Mercy and Grace to Us.... We never give Thanks enough for Goodness in our Life. Thank You...

Knowing what we could have had drains the color from our cheeks.... Please Bless and Protect our New President... Lead him down Your Path..Let him see your Power and Glory...

Please Protect him and us all... Please Bless this Land... Thou art Holy ,Holy, Holy... Amen

I may not be where I want to be, but thank God I am not where I used to be. Joyce Meyer

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
    ― Mae West

Take heed, then, often to come together to give thanks to God, and show forth His praise. For when you assemble frequently in the same place, the powers of Satan are destroyed, and the destruction at which he aims is prevented by the unity of your faith. Ignatius of Antioch

The love of heaven makes one heavenly. William Shakespeare

Observe good faith and justice toward all nations. Cultivate peace and harmony with all. George Washington

In my deepest, darkest moments, what really got me through was a prayer. Sometimes my prayer was 'Help me.' Sometimes a prayer was 'Thank you.' What I've discovered is that intimate connection and communication with my creator will always get me through because I know my support, my help, is just a prayer away. Iyanla Vanzant

The most interesting thing about a postage stamp is the persistence with which it sticks to its job. Napoleon Hill

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.
    2 Peter 1:5-7

Moderator Emeritus

May God bless our nation on this special day. May You bless our new President, Vice-President, and our Congress. Please bring Your values back unto us and give us a closer relationship with You, Father. AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    “Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty we are free at last.”

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King Jr.,

Dear Lord.... "Free at Last...Free at Last..Thank God Almighty we are Free at Last..." Thou hast given us a New Hope and a New Future... The old Things are past away and the New begins..
    We Thank Thee for This Love Thou shows to us... Amen

When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.
    William Shakespeare

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
    Albert Einstein

Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.
    Buddha

We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
    Maya Angelou

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. Mahatma Gandhi

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
    Mahatma Gandhi

When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
    Mark Twain

Moderator Emeritus

Amen! What a wonderful inaugeration! Trump's statement that with all else he enumerated, nothing would work without the blessings of God. He is not the type to "wear his faith on his shirt sleeves," but I believe this man DOES indeed have a great and mighty faith in God, and a deep seated, if rarely voiced, appreciation for all that He has blessed us with. I believe we just installed what may well turn out to be THE most crucial man as President this nation will ever know. He made it very clear that he wants to be a servant to ALL of our people, regardless of who they are or what color or any other "division" among us. His vision, that I believe he will vailiantly pursue, is "one nation under God."

Trump doesn't tell us a lot about what's in his heart or mind, or what he's thinking when it comes to his faith. I believe he senses that it would be fruitless to TALK about it. I believe he wants to SHOW us what his faith and concerns truly are. And how we need someone like THAT! Most politicians are full of "rhetoric," and most of it is the purest type of hot air. Trump wants to SHOW us how it's done, and THEN explain why it's got to be that way. Truly, God has given us one exceptional and unique man as our new leader. Praise allmighy God in the Highest! Thank you, Lord. I am awed by your power, grace and love for us, even when we don't really deserve it.

His words reek of a rebirth of faith in this nation, and without it, we will fail and fall. Blessed be the name of the Lord, and his servant, Donald Trump.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by castalott View Post
    “Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty we are free at last.”

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King Jr.,

Dear Lord.... "Free at Last...Free at Last..Thank God Almighty we are Free at Last..." Thou hast given us a New Hope and a New Future... The old Things are past away and the New begins..
    We Thank Thee for This Love Thou shows to us... Amen

When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.
    William Shakespeare

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
    Albert Einstein

Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.
    Buddha

We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
    Maya Angelou

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. Mahatma Gandhi

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
    Mahatma Gandhi

When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
    Mark Twain
    Amen !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Amen over and over
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    “For most of life, nothing wonderful happens. If you don’t enjoy getting up and working and finishing your work and sitting down to a meal with family or friends, then the chances are you’re not going to be very happy. If someone bases his/her happiness on major events like a great job, huge amounts of money, a flawlessly happy marriage or a trip to Paris, that person isn’t going to be happy much of the time.
    If, on the other hand, happiness depends on a good breakfast, flowers in the yard, a drink or a nap, then we are more likely to live with quite a bit of happiness.”
    Andy Rooney

Dear Lord....Today we start again..hopeful of good times and wise leadership... Oh Lord, Bless us with these and more... Give us Strength, Hope, Faith, Courage, Wisdom, Understanding, and the Will to always be Good and Good for Something... Thank You for All we are and All we have... Amen

“Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.”
    William Feather

“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go”
    Oscar Wilde

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. George S. Patton

I look better, feel better, make love better and I'll tell you something else....I never lied better.
    George Burns

The empty vessel makes the loudest sound. William Shakespeare

Beggar that I am, I am even poor in thanks.. William Shakespeare

. “Ignorance is bliss” is actually “Where ignorance is bliss, ’tis folly to be wise” and it was said by Thomas Gray.
    Last edited by castalott; 01-21-2017 at 02:24 PM. Reason: I'm dumb... need to proofread better

Moderator Emeritus

Lord, you have been SO gracious and loving to us. You have given us what we could never have earned, in our sinful and willful ways. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you more than words could ever say. But now, Lord, though you have given us a good leader, I believe, we have to now control US, and our ways and attitudes and words and deeds and intents. I pray, Lord, that you would touch our hearts, each and every one of us, and humble us so that we might follow this good leadership you have so richly provided us with. Give us to know what we can do, to do our part, and become good and effective followers of good and wholesome instruction, and direction. Speak to our hearts, that by knowing you closer, our hearts, and thus our actions, might be purer and more suitable to our occasions. Bless us and forgive us when we err, and whisper to us more loudly, that we might know your will more perfectly, and thus, correct our words and deeds and paths.

Grant us, Lord, this humble plea. You have given us SO much. We have been SO willful. And yet, you have loved us, kept us, and protected us. How could we not be humbled by all you have so lovingly done for us, even in our sins. Accept our acts, Lord, as an indication of our penance and humility, and as a way to more rightly express our love and appreciation of Thee. Thank you, Lord, and in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, Amen.

Boolit Master
    A wretched soul, bruised with adversity,
    We bid be quiet when we hear it cry;
    But were we burdened with like weight of pain,
    As much or more we should ourselves complain.
    William Shakespeare

Dear Lord...Today we beg Mercy for those locked in despair in nursing homes and hospitals.. Fill their lives , and ours, with Hope, Faith, Courage , Comfort , Mercy, Wisdom, and Your Word.... Let us give of our time and coin to help the 'good old folks' remembering the goodness they did for us....

Please Bless and Protect President Trump... Let him do Thy Will and Thy Bidding... Let us all have Love and Mercy in our Hearts.... Help us seek Thy Ways.... Amen

How poor are they that have not patience!
    What wound did ever heal but by degrees?
    William Shakespeare

Blow, blow, thou winter wind
    Thou art not so unkind,
    As man's ingratitude.
    William Shakespeare

God bless thee; and put meekness in thy mind, love, charity, obedience, and true duty!
    William Shakespeare

I did never know so full a voice issue from so empty a heart: but the saying is true 'The empty vessel makes the greatest sound'.
    William Shakespeare

“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
    And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.”
    ― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Boolit Master
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Mahatma Gandhi

( I had to do this one again...it is the story of President Trump.)

Such a big day for our President. So much winning for the People...

Dear Lord.... The King's Champion is off to a Great Start... A Glorious First Day for the People.... How can we Thank You for another Great Gift?

For our President and us ,Lord, we ask for Protection, Strength, Wisdom, Understanding, Goodness,Humility,Faith,Courage,Purity, Mercy, Help, and Victory. Thou art Blessed and Holy...Amen

Beggar that I am, I am even poor in thanks.. William Shakespeare

But godliness with contentment is great gain.
    1 Timothy 6:6 | NIV

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13 | NIV

Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?”
    John 11:40 | NIV | Jesus

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. Benjamin Franklin

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. Plato

Nahum 1:7
    “The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.”

Moderator Emeritus

Dear Lord, I am so humbled by all you have given us. You've given us a wonderful world, by all we know, the finest and only of its kind in all the universe. You have given us life, and bodies to live in, and all the wonders around us in this rich and wonder filled world you created just for us. You have given us dominion over all the animals, and most of the non-living things of the earth. And you have given us a free will, which is the only thing we have that's truly ours. All else was made by you and is yours to do with as you please. It's only within the scope of our own free will that we make our decisions about whether to follow you, or whether to follow Satan, or whether we foolishly try to keep one foot in both places, which can never work out for us, or anyone. Please, Lord, forgive us when we use our wills wrongly, or when we foolishly misunderstand your will for us. Correct us, and touch our hearts and minds, that we might come to know you better, and thereby, follow you more closely and effectively. Speak to us Lord, in a way that we might all hear you. Give our leaders the words they need to inspire us, that we, and thus this nation, might return to thee and thine ways and will. We are weak, Lord, and heavily tried and tempted. Forgive us when we err, and keep speaking to us until we find the ears to hear you.

And Lord, help us discern the way we should go, and give us the strength and understanding to do it. For without you, and your leadership and divine hand, we will fail, even if we had all the "answers" in a worldly sense. Without you, nothing will ever succeed, and with you, nothing can ever fail. Help us to become again, the nation you always intended for us to become and be, I pray.

Thank you so very, very much for the blessing you have given us in our new leaders. We were sinful and willful, and yet, you still gave us this great boon. Blessed be thy holy name, forever and ever, and may all men see, one day, thy face, and know thy will. For thy will must ever be done, and not ours, but these things I humbly pray, and will accept whatever answer you give. In the name of Christ, the Son of the Living God, I pray. Amen.

Boolit Master
    “Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Plan a takeoff. Don't just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won't happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you'll love it up here.”
    ― Donald J. Trump

Dear Lord... Today we Thank You for all we are and all we have.. Let our Lives be good and good for something.. Let us have Faith, Courage, and Honor... Lead us down the Path You would choose... Amen

For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind. - Dale Carnegie

Success consists of doing the common things of life uncommonly well. - Unknown

Wisdom is knowing. Skill is know how to do it. Virtue is doing it. - David Starr Jordan

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra. - Unknown

The devil can cite scripture for his purpose.
    Quote Act i. sce. 3. Shakespeare

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

The peace of heaven is theirs that lift their swords, in such a just and charitable war.
    William Shakespeare

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life. Muhammad Ali

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks. Love your quotes you've included in these posts. They sure make me think!

Boolit Master
    All I'm for is the liberty of the individual. John Wayne

I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it. Clint Eastwood

Dear Lord... Thank Thee for our New President... Let his Heart be filled with Love, Mercy, and Goodness.... Protect and Bless him... Help us do our part too.. Let us run interference for him, protect his flanks, and watch his six..... Let us keep him in our Prayers... Sincerely desiring he be a Kind, Good, Honest, Wise , and Faithful Man. Bless and Protect us all... Remember those whose lives are desperate... Amen

Instead of giving money to found colleges to promote learning, why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as good as the Prohibition one did, why, in five years we would have the smartest race of people on earth.
    Will Rogers

"Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again; poor fools. And their grand-children are once more slaves."
    - D. H. Lawrence

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
    - G. K. Chesterton

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."
    - Robert A. Heinlein

"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
    - Ted Nugent

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."
    - Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC

"If I could have banned them all - 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' - I would have!"
    - Diane Feinstein

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

Boolit Master
    “It matters not how fast light may travel, darkness shall always be there awaiting its arrival.”
    ― Mark W. Boyer

“Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned” is actually “Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned,” but either way, true.

Dear Lord.... Today we Thank You for this Wonderful Grace Thou hast blessed us with.... Another chance...Another day...Another sunset...Another wonderful meal with friends and family...Another Hope for Good Leadership... Thou art Holy,Holy. Holy... Amen

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”
    Frederick Keonig

“I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.”
    Groucho Marx

Every man has his fault, and honesty is his. Quote Act iii. Sc. 1

"These words are razors to my wounded heart". Titus Andronicus Quote (Act I, Scene I)

“It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll look for his own answers.” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

“It gets tiresome being spoken to as if you are a child, even if you happen to be one.” ― Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing. Emo Philips

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”
    ― Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

Boolit Master
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."
    - Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

Dear Lord... Life is tough for many... Mercy for us all, Lord, Please...... Let us all have Faith, Mercy, and Love in our Hearts.... Teach us the Way...the Path..The Hope... Amen

“I don’t believe people should to be able to own guns.”
    - Barack Obama (during conversation with economist and author John Lott Jr. at the University of Chicago Law School in the 1990s)

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic."
    - Ted Nugent

"An armed society is a polite society."
    - Robert Heinlein

If advertisers spent the same amount of money on improving their products as they do on advertising then they wouldn't have to advertise them. Will Rogers

The guys who won World War II and that whole generation have disappeared, and now we have a bunch of teenage twits. Clint Eastwood

They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning. Clint Eastwood

Alfred Hitchcock once told me, when I was analyzing a lot of things about his pictures, 'Clint, you must remember, it's only a movie.' Clint Eastwood

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people. Orson Welles

“A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.” – The Everlasting Man, 1925

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.” – Maycock, The Man Who Was Orthodox

Boolit Master
    “A detective story generally describes six living men discussing how it is that a man is dead. A modern philosophic story generally describes six dead men discussing how any man can possibly be alive.” – A Miscellany of Men

Dear Lord... Remembering the Goodness in our Lives, we give Thanks to Thee... No man lives here alone without thoughts of Thy World. Just as a stool cannot stand without 3 legs, man cannot thrive without mental, physical, and spiritual 'legs'. Please open our eyes to the search for goodness in this life. Please Bless us all.... All things in Mercy and Love... Amen

“Men are ruled, at this minute by the clock, by liars who refuse them news, and by fools who cannot govern.” – The New Name,Utopia of Usurers and Other Essays, 1917

“He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative.” – Varied Types

“For fear of the newspapers politicians are dull, and at last they are too dull even for the newspapers.” – All Things Considered, 1908

“The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected.” – ILN, 4/19/24

“I think the oddest thing about the advanced people is that, while they are always talking about things as problems, they have hardly any notion of what a real problem is.” – Uses of Diversity

“Women have a thirst for order and beauty as for something physical; there is a strange female power of hating ugliness and waste as good men can only hate sin and bad men virtue.” – Chesterton on Dickens

Moderator Emeritus

Amen!

Boolit Master
    “The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried.” – Chapter 5, What’s Wrong With The World, 1910

Dear Lord.. The World shakes around us.... We need calm and clear thinking... let us see the Light...the Truth... and the Honor of thy Ways... Let us , with Courage , Strength, and Wisdom, face these coming days and be filled with Love and Mercy. Protect our Land and Way of Life from those who would do it Evil.. Thy Will in all things,... Amen

“It has been often said, very truely, that religion is the thing that makes the ordinary man feel extraordinary; it is an equally important truth that religion is the thing that makes the extraordinary man feel ordinary.” – Charles Dickens

“Theology is only thought applied to religion.” – The New Jerusalem

“Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable.” – ILN, 10/23/09

“Truth is sacred; and if you tell the truth too often nobody will believe it.” – ILN, 2/24/06

“[No society can survive the socialist] fallacy that there is an absolutely unlimited number of inspired officials and an absolutely unlimited amount of money to pay them.” – The Debate with Bertrand Russell, BBC Magazine, 11/27/35

“Price is a crazy and incalculable thing, while Value is an intrinsic and indestructible thing.” – Reflections on a Rotten Apple, The Well and the Shallows, 1935

“Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere.” – ILN, 5/5/28

Vegetarianism – “A modern vegetarian is also a teetotaler, yet there is no obvious connection between consuming vegetables and not consuming fermented vegetables. A drunkard, when lifted laboriously out of the gutter, might well be heard huskily to plead that he had fallen there through excessive devotion to a vegetable diet.” – William blake

“I have little doubt that when St. George had killed the dragon he was heartily afraid of the princess.” – The Victorian Age in Literature

Page 37 of 71 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast