Load DataTitan ReloadingPBcastcoLee Precision
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer for our nation daily

Moderator Emeritus

Lord, the processes of selecting our new leaders continues today, with all the contentions we've displayed for so very long now. Grant, Lord, that our representatives in our government might finally, at long last, seek to serve the country, rather than their own self-agrandizement and "stature" among their peers. Grant them, Lord, the eyes to see, the ears to hear, and the courage to do, the things that must be done to heal our land from the injuries of willfulness that has predominated our land for so long now. Their courage needs to be from Thee, for only that kind of courage CAN heal our land, and bring us all back together as "one people." Help them to realize their own needs for this kind of courage and honor and love, lest they fall back into the old pattern of serving their OWN desires, rather than the country's real needs. This I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord, my Savior, and my best friend. Amen.

Amen, BW, thank you.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you Blackwater .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    You guys ever get the idea that BW does these Prayers for a Living?
    Amen!

Boolit Master
    In the duel of sex woman fights from a dreadnought and man from an open raft. H. L. Mencken

Dear Lord.... One week away from change...Thank You ,Lord! Bless our New President and the People he brings with him... Forgive us all and give us Courage! Courage to do Right! Courage to attempt...to try again and again... All things are possible if our thoughts be with You.. Amen

“Butterflies are self propelled flowers.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

“A generation which ignores history has no past — and no future.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

“But goodness alone is never enough. A hard, cold wisdom is required for goodness to accomplish good. Goodness without wisdom always accomplishes evil.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married. H. L. Mencken

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member. Groucho Marx

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler. W. C. Fields

Moderator Emeritus

Gee whiz guys! Just open up your heart, and lay what's on your mind before the Lord. He cares what we think and want. Praying for a nation as willful as ours is getting to be (has gotten?) makes me wonder just HOW truly long-suffering a just and righteous Lord can really be. But if we don't pray for it as a body of believers, it's sure we won't be nearly as likely to get it. After all, he DID say that if HIS people will humble themselves before him, and change our wicked ways, and return to Him, He'd heal our land, didn't he? So in a way, it's really up to us - ALL of us! Prayer is easy once you quit caring what others think, and just lay your heart out to the Lord. As a kid, I was always worried about what others would think, or that I might say something someone might not think was proper. That's no way to pray. Just lay it out there. Get in your mind what you want to say, and just let it flow out of you in a stream of consciousness type of spewing forth.

And the prayers that touch me most here are the simple ones, almost like "Og the Caveman" just grunting his pleas out to God. No more earnest and heartfelt prayers will ever be said than many of those. They're not flowery, but so intense! THAT is what God is looking for when we pray. I've seen many pray in what seemed to be a very perfunctory manner, so much so that I wondered if they ever got above the ceiling. I've never thought that was much of a way to "pray," if it's even really praying.

I've also heard very flowery prayers, that seemed to be being prayed more for self agrandizement of the one "praying" than a real plea to the Lord. I never thought those were the way I wanted to pray either. It just never struck me quite "right." So the only thing left to do, really, is just let loose with whatever is on your mind, and let the Lord know just what it is you want. If we don't have the courage to ask for exactly what we want, why should we even expect to ever get it? And I'm firmly convinced that if we don't really MEAN what we pray for, we're wasting our time and the Lord's, and since He created us in His image, I doubt He likes His time being wasted any more than we do. Just let 'er rip, and mean it. Try to organize your thoughts, at least generally, and take it all to the Lord. As long as we're earnest, and forthright with Him, I think He hears our prayers, always. And He always answers them, too. Sometimes we just ask for things that are not within the scope of His plans, and He can't always give us what we pray for.

Need a miracle? Ask for it. Don't be shy about it. Just ask. And always remember that His will must be done, not ours. But sometimes, He grants us a boon, and even a miracle, if we simply ask for it. We can't always count on them, because we can't know what He has in mind with so many things that happen in this life. But we CAN always ask. And often, what He gives us is even better than what we asked for. And sometimes, He just gives us what we NEED to get what we want. He always knows best. And we can't be like spoiled children that don't get what they want, and pout, and think He's forsaken us. What He answers with is what we NEED, and sometimes, we have to really stop and think, to find what it is. He sometimes just requires us to help ourselves, and do our own due diligence so He'll HAVE something TO bless.

We know so little, and so often take so little but our wants and desires to Him. And yet, He never seems to tire of it. I guess at least we're still seeking Him, maybe??? If y'all get it all figured out, please explain it to me.

Boolit Master
    I don't know how you took message 704 but it was in awe of your prayers... I just want to be sure you took it that way... Several of you here are just awesome!

Dale

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the compliment, but it just flows when you just say what you want to say. It's all God. Not me. He gives us the sense to see what we need, and the words to ask for it. We're His only real "right arm" here, and it takes all of us to make anything really work. And I did take it as a compliment, but it's just a simple request, made as specifically as I know how to make it. It's humbling to know it's appreciated. Thanks.

"Og the Caveman"
    LOL, that would be me. (at least that's what I've been told)
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Glad you found the humor in it, as it was meant to be. When I was a kid, we had a lady of poor means, who was one of the most faithful people I've ever known. She loved her Lord with ALL her heart. She wasn't really all that bright, and had little education, so there was much she didn't understand. But she loved to hear anything related to the Lord, and really loved singing in the choir. Many churches would likely have asked her to NOT sing with the choir, which was all voluntary at that time, because she frequently drifted "kind'a off key" to put it judiciously. But when she sang, she put ALL her heart and soul into it, whatever key she sang in. She's lean her head back, close her eyes, and just belt it out with more gusto than Budweiser's Clydesdales! And you could see clearly that she was in ecstasy as she sang. She'd frequently have tears in her eyes at the end when she finally opened her eyes. She knew most hymns by heart, so had no need to look at the hymnal in her hands. I got more out of just watching her sing than I did from many of the sermons I heard. She's been long gone from us now, but her daughter is still a member here. And she's one wonderful lady, and was a terror on the backetball court back in high school, if someone MADE her be. Great gal. Lots of her Mom in her. And she can even keep in key most of the time!

Yet one more example of someone who wasn't all that great at what she did, by most folks' standards, but she meant the world to me back then. Even a kid could see how very REAL her faith was, and I always wanted THAT kind of faith. Took me an awful long time to find my own. I guess for all my "smarts," I could never measure up to what that simple woman had. And there's a big ol' lesson in that, too, probably for all of us. Simple folks are SO much more powerful and relevant than either they or most of us realize, or are even willing to consider them as being. There's an awful lot to learn from the simplest and most common folks among us.

Christ always had a soft spot in His heart for them. Now, I realize why. They tend to really love what they love, and hate what they hate. And they're very seldom wrong in either direction. Would that we could all be so smart!!!

Boolit Master
    “I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.
    - Atticus Finch”
    ― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

Dear Lord...Being on the edge of a new life, we beg for Blessing, Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, and Victory... Let us all stand a little taller and have firm resolves 'to do right as we see the right'. Let us not shirk our Duty or our Faith... We are Thy People, Lord... Let our Prayers to Thee fill Heaven with Joy.... Bless and Protect us and our New President... Amen

“Courage is found in unlikely places.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien

“Just because you fail once doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything.”
    ― Marilyn Monroe

Faith has to do with things that are not seen and hope with things that are not at hand. Thomas Aquinas

We are twice armed if we fight with faith. Plato

“The secret of happiness is freedom, the secret of freedom is courage.”
    ― Carrie Jones, Need

“Yet each man kills the thing he loves
    By each let this be heard
    Some do it with a bitter look
    Some with a flattering word
    The coward does it with a kiss
    The brave man with a sword”
    ― Oscar Wilde, The Ballad Of Reading Gaol

* The above quote in the Prayer is from the King of England's 1st Wartime speech to his People..

Boolit Master
    • “Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.”

Dear Lord.... Three more days until the man your Hand inspired becomes President. He is being attacked right and left ,Lord. Please Bless and Protect him thru all of this. Please let a great Prayer Chain wrap him in power and protection...Bless us all... Amen

• “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”

• “I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.”

• “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”

• “Personally I’m always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.”

All quotes above from Winston Churchill

“He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see.”
    ― Ayn Rand

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
    ― Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

“Every man I meet wants to protect me. I can't figure out what from.”
    ― Mae West

“Don't keep a man guessing too long - he's sure to find the answer somewhere else”
    ― Mae West

Boolit Master

Amen - many times over
    Being human is not for sissies.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you Dale !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    “The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.”
    ― Ayn Rand

Dear Lord .... Our new President needs protection...Let the Winged Messengers of Heaven form a Shield for him... Let us all engage in constant Prayer to Protect and Lead him to Great Things. Let us all do our Duty to him and Thee with Courage and Goodness... Amen

The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence. Confucius

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable. Louis D. Brandeis

A life is either all spiritual or not spiritual at all. No man can serve two masters. Your life is shaped by the end you live for. You are made in the image of what you desire. Thomas Merton

There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it. George Bernard Shaw

“I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.”
    ― Mae West

Moderator Emeritus

Amen! One of the greatest and most consequential events EVER to occur in this country is to take place Friday. I hope and pray that our Lord will bless us with a good outcome. He's been SO graceful towards us so far! I pray His grace will continue, and that He'll give our new leaders the words they will need to reinspire the whole nation to return to God, without whom, nothing will EVER get any better. I pray this most earnestly, in God's holy name. Amen.

Boolit Master
    Man is the only animal that can be skinned more than once.
    Jimmy Durante

Dear Lord... Please let Angels from Heaven protect Trump and our Leaders. Let us All grow in Faith, Strength, and Prayer. Let Your Word and Your Ways shine thru to our needy Hearts... Amen

Home cooking. Where many a man thinks his wife is.
    Jimmy Durante

My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. Every now and then she stops to breathe.
    Jimmy Durante

When you enter a room, you have to kiss his ring. I don't mind, but he has it in his back pocket.
    Don Rickles

You can observe a lot by just watching.

Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical.

It gets late early out here.

Yogi Berra

Boolit Master

Amen one more time
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    • “All the greatest things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom; justice; honour; duty; mercy; hope.”
    By Winston Churchill

Dear Lord... The End of a Nightmare is here. The start of a new beginning is tomorrow. Let us all have Faith in You and our New President. Let us all, as brothers and sisters, welcome this change and Pledge to You our Faith, our Courage, and our Duty. As always, Your Will in all things... Amen

• “One ought never to turn one’s back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.”

Winston Churchill

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic.
    Unknown

Wherever God has given faith, it is given, among other reasons, for the very purpose of being tried. George Muller

In my deepest, darkest moments, what really got me through was a prayer. Sometimes my prayer was 'Help me.' Sometimes a prayer was 'Thank you.' What I've discovered is that intimate connection and communication with my creator will always get me through because I know my support, my help, is just a prayer away. Iyanla Vanzant

A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success. Elbert Hubbard

By cultivating the beautiful we scatter the seeds of heavenly flowers, as by doing good we cultivate those that belong to humanity. Robert A. Heinlein

Moderator Emeritus

Lord, thank you SO much for the end of what has been so much a nightmare to so many of us in this land. Thank you SO much for giving us one more last, best chance. I am unalterably convinced that it was YOUR Hand that made it possible. I don't understand how you did it, but I just know you did. Your fingerprints are all over it.

We pray now for your continued blessing in protecting and inspiring and leading our new President. Grant him, Lord, the insight and knowledge and actions necessary to heal our land, and bring us back together as one people as much as the evil in our nation will permit. Grant him Lord, and his helpers, the words and manners to inspire us once again, and turn us from our wicked and willful ways, I pray. We have to do our part, I know, but without your blessing, all we could EVER do would be for naught. So it is with a humble and respectful and pleading heart that we come to Thee, requesting these unearned blassings. You do SO much for us, Lord! Let us NOT depend on you TOO much, and may WE do our part in it all. Forgive us, and inspire us to know what to say and do to unite our country on a more local and personal level, for that is where everything good has to come from, if it's to be sustained, and not lost yet again. Thank you for your wondrous and bountiful blessings, and most especially those we could never have brought to pass ourselves. Even in our sins, you love us, and show patience and grace towards us, but it cannot be infinite and unending, we know. Help us to live up to at least a tiny portion of what we ought to be, with your generosity and grace you have so consistently shown to us. Forgive us when we err, and help us to make things right again. These things I humbly pray in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast