Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer for our nation daily

Moderator Emeritus

Amen to all the above, especially the "not by our strength." God has truly turned His wonderful face back towards us again, and He's done it in spite of ourselves, and our willful ways, and not because of what we did. Did our Lord whisper into Trump's ear to get him to run? None of us will ever know just HOW the Lord did this, but His fingerprints are all over it!

Lord, thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you, a MILLION times, THANK YOU! You have blessed this nation once again, when we haven't really deserved it at all. Thy wonders and power are awesome to behold, and humbling to experience. I pray we might re-learn how to serve Thee, and give all credit where it belongs - to Thee. Let us be humbled and grateful, and not devolve into spite and recriminations. We need desperately to be "one people" again, as we have always been when we worked as a nation. Forgive us, I pray, and show us Your way. Keep us humble, that we might be more worthy in Thine eyes of all the rich and innumerable blessings You have bestowed upon us, and in particular this time, for avoiding our having to bear what we righteously should have earned. Thank you for your grace, for we truly didn't earn this development in our nation. Thine hands have yet once more saved us from ourselves. Thank you more than words can say. Amen.

And Pine Barron is right. The hard work is just beginning. Go ahead and clebrate however you wish, but let's not forget that the hardest part lies ahead of us now. Trump seems up to it. Are we? We've dined on cynicism, pessimism and haugtiness for so long now, that a change of attitude in the land won't likely come overnight, but it's darn sure well under way now! Let's follow Trump's lead, and honor his efforts on behalf of us all.

Wouldn't it be SO nice to be "one people" again? The Dems may well resist this, but what's life without a good, righteous challenge?

Boolit Master
    Yes... God gave us a victory last night but I agree God expects US to do our Duty also....

Dear Lord..... Thou art Holy, Holy .Holy... Amen

“Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast.”
    ― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

“I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it.”
    ― William Shakespeare
    Last edited by castalott; 11-09-2016 at 11:25 AM.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    castalot I thank you for your perseverance and faith in your constant prayer . That we all could be as faithful it would serve us well .
    Thank you brother
    Charlie
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    Thanks Charlie.. We all tried to do God's Will...

God gets all the Praise and Glory... I don't deserve any of it...

Dale

It is my hope your continue this work and prayer . We are not out of the woods yet but our Lord has been merciful by helping us . Much prayer is needed to rebuild , reorganize and renew our country back to Him and his law . It's not over by a long shot . We have been given opportunity .

Boolit Master
    I do think Trump will need all of our help. He is going to be set up and attacked at every turn. perhaps we should continue this thread but concentrate on healing and moving forward with God's Will.

What say you, Charlie? What says everyone?

I agree . It's not just Trump ........Our country needs revival , unity , re establishment of morality and much more. We need all GOD's help we can get . This election could be a restart .

Yes, I agree. The real work is just beginning (as Trump himself said last night).
    Our Lord has just nudged us with his staff, pointed us in the right direction. Thank you God for your Grace and Mercy.
    As Boaz's signature says "no turning back".
    Go in peace.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Amen to all the above. God has simply given us a fighting chance now, to break away from the oblivion we were headed for. Why would he NOT expect us to continue, or initiate, some real effort to KEEP this great boon's effects going forward into the future? Mostly, I think, God just gives us chances. He gives us all the chance we'll ever need to believe, and after that, we are given repeated chances to follow and do His will. It's only right that, given all the talents and abilities He has given us, to expect us to USE them to our own benefit.

And as appealing as it might be, now's not the time for retribution and "payback." I think it's the time for justice and grace. Retribution always engenders a like response. Only good grace can unite us. It's not easy sometimes to be gracious to folks who in our minds probably don't deserve it, but we don't do it for them, but for US. It determines what kind of people we are, and that in turn determines what kind of world we create and sustain. We need to be VERY wise now, and NOT give in to understandable "human" impulses, and our baser instincts. If we give in to those baser instincts, we will wind up destroying what God has so graciously given us - one more chance to save ourselves. God help us STILL! This is gonna' be even harder than the election part, I believe!

Boolit Master
    Praise and Glory to God..

Dear Lord... Please watch over and Protect Donald Trump as he takes over this most important job... Walk with him and guide him... Let him be a Great Leader and give him many Great Helpers... As in all things, Thy Will be Done... Amen

Do the next right thing....
    Stay humble and kind....
    Remember always,
    you reap what you sow....'

“If we desire our faith to be strengthened, we should not shrink from opportunities where our faith may be tried, and therefore, through trial, be strengthened.” ~ George Mueller, Evangelist

“It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.”
    ― Vincent Van Gogh

“Tax not so bad a voice to slander music any more than once.”
    ― William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing

Moderator Emeritus

Amen, and castalot, let me echo Boaz's plea that you keep this thread going, just with a little different thrust now that Trump has been elected. A nation that doesn't constantly pray for itself is probably a nation that's headed for some tough times - tougher than if they DO pray constantly for the blessings we all want.

And at the same time, we need to acknowledge and deal with the fact that the best "right hand" the Lord has to work with here, can be found at the end of our own right arms! We were never intended to just sit back and have everything thrown into our laps! We have to EARN what we get. If we don't, we're no more than a lamb looking for a teat. Politics is often unpleasant to deal with, but it's CRUCIAL that we have the intestinal fortitude to do so, lest the users and evil take over politics, to our everlasting shame!

In the end, in this country, we always get just about exactly what we deserve, and what we've earned. And sometimes, if it appears we're losing, what we need to learn to do is NOT sit and cry out and wail at the moon, but set our jaws and redouble our efforts to move whatever is before us to where it needs to be. That's not easy, and it's not fun, but ...... whoever said it would be? Christ never promised us an easy, free ride! All he promised us was that He'd be with us no matter what we face, and that at the end, if we're faithful, He'll scoop us up in the palm of His mighty hand, and deliver us to Heaven to be with Him forever. Could there be a more wondrous promise to us while we're still in this realm?

So let us be worthy, via our own diligent efforts, and if and when the going gets hard, let us reach down deep inside ourselves, and come up with whatever it takes to git-r-done. Let us be truly faithful, and not sit like lambs looking for a teat, expecting others to deliver us from our plights that always come, sooner or later. That's, after all, the very definition of "faithfulness," isn't it?

Boolit Master
    This thread or Charlie's... either one is ok with me... I'll do my part if you guys will help...

It is exciting to watch the Hand of God in action....

Dale

Moderator Emeritus

Amen. Exciting, humbling, inspiring and many other things. Blessed be the name of our most gracious Lord and Savior forever!

The hand of God indeed. It has only moved an inch and already there are signs of hope and optimism. WE ALL need to keep up our end of it. I look forward with a renewed hope and pray for God's will.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Lord you have given us a short repreeve, now Lord make us bold witnesses for your Son, Jesus that real revival and change will come to the United States. foil the plans of satan to cause havoc in our cities and bring justice to this land. Lord start with Donald Trump by filling him with your Holy Spirit an using him to change this countries direction. it will be a slow steady improvement but Lord if you are doing it the country will change.
    Amen

Moderator Emeritus

Has anyone noticed that already, there's a new attitude in the land? It's kind'a spoiled a little by all the lust for retribution towards the chief offenders who gave us the last 8 yrs. and more of ennui and a feeling of hopelessness, namely Hillary and Bill. Justice DOES need to be done, BUT .... and this is the hard part - now is NOT the time for us to display our anger. It's the time to LEAD the WHOLE NATION back to where we were always intended to be. Time will tell whether we've learned anything from our near brush with oblivion.

I believe it needs to be definitively shown just what some were doing to have CREATED the feeling of malaise and hopelessness that has pervaded our land for the last 8 yrs. and more, extending and growing from the last 40 years of liberal efforts to take over everything and everybody. But if we give in to our baser instincts, and seek retribution just because we now CAN, then we're not the kind of people who DESERVE this reprieve at the 11th hour in our time.

LEADING is MUCH more difficult than retribution. God help us to be very, very wise, and to do what's best for the NATION, and not what's satisfying to our anger and lusts. If we don't seek justice and grace, we won't be receiving much from above. That's only just, in the overall scheme of things.

It truly worries me at the amount and intensity of the lust for retribution I'm seeing in this board and hearing all around me. Christ set the example for justice and grace for us to follow. He did NOT display any lust for revenge at all. Can we not learn this truly great and world-changing lesson, and overcome our inner love of evil? Justice is beautiful. Revenge is never as satisfying as we like to convince ourselves it's going to be. Yet, so many, many are SO attached to thoughts of revenge, it's hard to see anything for the blood in their eyes.

One does not LEAD by beating people into submission. One LEADS by demonstrating much higher behavior, such that people WANT to follow. It's really just that simple. Even those who are now wailing and crying about Trump's win CAN be shown that what they've been following is NOT what they thought it was, but a criminal enterprise, and an attempt at a bona fide coup, using our system of gov't to achieve it. Socio-communist movements all through history have used people's angst, and turned it against the populace, to achieve their nefarious ends. We've stopped that for now, but the balance beam is still teetering, and can go back the OTHER way rapidly. And we all know that many in and out of gov't are so thoroughly steeped in liberal and PC theology (kind'a one and the same, really) that they're going to do everything they can think of to drag Trump and the country down. It's just what people who've been thorougly given over to Satan and his ideas tend to do very consistently. And the only solution for THAT, is good, wholesome leadership and grace, and where possible, revealing definitively just what was going on behind closed doors while so many were being duped.

This is much harder and longer work than merely giving in to our baser instincts. But it's SO very, very WORTH it!

Boolit Master
    “The journey of a thousand miles must begin
    with a single step.”
    Lao Tzu

So here we are.. Our new President will need our Prayers... Time to stand and be counted...

Dear Lord... Thy Will is done... Let Us do Thy Bidding and Pray and Work for Good in this Land... All Glory to You... Amen

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move.
    The Bible
    Matthew 17:20

When things go wrong as they sometimes will;
    When the road you're trudging seems all uphill;
    When the funds are low, and the debts are high
    And you want to smile, but have to sigh;
    When care is pressing you down a bit-
    Rest if you must, but do not quit.

Success is failure turned inside out;
    The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
    And you can never tell how close you are
    It may be near when it seems so far;
    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-
    It's when things go wrong that you must not quit.

"Don't Quit," Author Unknown
    Last edited by castalott; 11-12-2016 at 12:49 AM.

Boolit Master
    Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle.
    The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.
    Ayn Rand

Dear Lord.... The Dawn of a New Day.... I feel it as do Others... Your Mighty Hand guides this Land... Wake All of Us Up and Let US do what We can do... Prayers, Works, Faith, Knowledge, Wisdom, Encouragement, and Steadiness... We All can add Something... Let Us begin Today.... Amen

“Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” ~ H. Jackson Brown

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Lord tomorrow is our day to worship you, fill the churches across this land with humble hearts.
    You have given us a blessing now help us to not go back to our old ways.
    Amen

Boolit Master
    "We are such stuff as dreams are made on, rounded with a little sleep".
    William Shakespeare

Dear Lord... I am renewed! Refreshed! Encouraged! A heavy weight has been lifted... My people are themselves again... Good... Honest... Open...
    Not only have You overthrown our oppressors, my People have the courage to openly mock them.... Hurray! Blessed and Holy art Thou.... Amen

"To mourn a mischief that is past and gone is the next way to draw new mischief on". - (Act I, Scene III).

"The smallest worm will turn, being trodden on". - (Act II, Scene II).

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet". - (Act II, Scene II).

My People are themselves again! Look in the 'Humor and off topic section' for "videos that are fun and uplifting".......... for a new rendition of " Ding dong the wicked Witch is dead..."

Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast