WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer for our nation daily

Moderator Emeritus

Amen, castalot! All the things that we think mean SO much to us now - reputation, respect, money, power, influence, wealth, things that make everything EASY for us .... will one day be a total non-factor, and the things you cite, plus a few more essentials that'll last for all eternity, WILL matter .... a LOT! The only hard part is putting that realization to use, and we tend to SO easily tire and fall by the wayside, when really, nothing is preventing us from staying on course except that we simply tire of being "good," when we've defined good all wrong, by making it out to be the most boring and uninteresting thing we could! REAL Christianity is as exciting and challenging and frustrating as it's ever been, IF we really PRACTICE what we've been taught, and that we so often preach. I think you hit the nail squarely on the head. We need to look at ourselves for any real explanation for why our nation and our world in in the shape it's in today. If we'd done 1/10th as good as we like to think we've done, how could our world be the way it is today? Our message is the most solid and rational message anyone has ever had to deliver to our fellow man. And yet, we shy away from doing our due diligence to the one who has Redeemed us all! We need to get up off our arses and DO what we were charged to DO. That's my take on it, and some will disagree, I know, but I believe to the marrow of my bones that I'm right, even if it doesn't please me to admit it. "For all have fallen short of the glory of God," and St. Pete may have called himself "chief among sinners," but I guarantee, I can run him one FINE race in that one! I suspect most of us could?

It frustrates me to no end to see good, more knowledgable Christains than me, sitting and letting the nay-sayers and unbelievers take over where we should rightfully predominate! I've had enough of it! I'll risk being wrong and making a fool and an **** of myself for the sake of my Lord ANY day. And sometimes I do just that. But for me, it's kind'a like the old joke about the farmer who drove up with his livestock trailer, and let his new, huge, mean and very angry bull into the meadow with the rest of the herd. It immediately dashed out to a prominent open spot, snorting like a freight train and pawing huge chunks of grass and dirt up, sending them flying in the air! Two young bulls looked up, saw this huge behemouth, snorting and scratching, and their eyes opened wide with instant fear! Then, one of them nervously walked forward, and started snorting and pawing its mightiest, which was still pretty pitiful. The first bull shouted out to him, "Are you CRAZY? What are you doing? Trying to get yourself killed????" Then the brave young bull looked back with a wink, and said, "Nope. I just want THAT bull to know I'M a bull TOO!"

And that's sometimes the situation we all get put in from time to time. We may not be quite adequate to the cause at hand, but if we're all that's willing to cast our hand in the game, then the right thing to do, no matter the trepidation and difficulty, and no matter the "likely outcome," the right thing to do whenever our faith is put to the test is to fight the good fight, not look for excuses to turn and run away. Christ never ran away when He wanted to. Should we do any less for Him?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Lord our people need your guidance . Help turn the force that leads us away from you . We have been lied to , mislead and deceived by the ones that we have put in the charge of our country . We have failed to be vigilant in keeping your word and law . We do not have leaders that can be trusted and the options of those to replace them seem no better . Lead us and give heed to those that would have us in darkness . Help us . In Christ's name I ask it . Amen

Ephesians 6:12 – “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

Amen, Boaz, good verse.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post

Ephesians 6:12 – “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
    Lord, as we approach the 240th anniversary of our existence as a nation, please descend on us, and show us how best to do what the Bible verse above admonishes us to do. Let us be strong, and willing to take up thy cause. Let us put our shoulder against evil, and push it back at least beyond our borders. Bless our efforts, I pray, and keep us and console us as needed in our fight for Thee and Thy Truth. Instill in us, Lord, the courage of our convictions, and show us the way that we should go, and when to fight and when to be still. Give us your will, Lord, and not our own. Forgive us of our past trespasses and short-comings, and instill in us a renewed and invigorated Faith that can overcome even our own wills, I pray. In the name of Christ, or Savior, our friend, and our everything we pray. Amen.

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord... Let Your People See with New Eyes... Let Them See the Shameful Things We Once Adored. And Let Them Turn to a Better Path. For the Love of All We Call Holy and Good, Let Us Be Blessed Again... Amen

Thanks castalott, powerful prayer. Amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord... Let Us All Realize that We Are dying ( Everyone of Us) Day By Day. Let Us Therefore Consider How We Live This Life Here and Now.

Are We Following Our God's Laws and Leaving Behind a Better World for Those We Love Following Us? Do We Greet Each In Joy, Happy to Know Another Soul ? Do We Show All Faith, Justice, Honor, Love , and Mercy? Are We an Example?... A Light in the Darkness to One That Has Lost Their Way?

Oh Let It Be So, Lord. Let Your People Rise Up. Teach Us to Be Worthy. Help Us to Be Free.....

Amen

Moderator Emeritus

Dear, precious Lord, on this, the eve before our 240th year as a greatly blessed and challenged nation, I praise your Holy name, and fall on my knees to worship Thee, and I give thanks for all that you have so wondrously and freely bestowed on us.

Nobody today goes hungry in this land, lest it be those who are controlled by your evil adversary in an act of willfulness against Thee and all you stand for.

We have cool inside when it's hot outside, and heat within when it's freezing out.

We have good food on our tables, and can feat if and when we get ready for it.

We have good clothing on our backs, and we get about in wondrous vehicles that speedily get us from one place to another.

We have doctors to help us when we ail, in addition to your wondrous Healing Hands.

We have wonders of technology that you have allowed us, to communicate whatever we wish to.

And so much of it, Lord, we use to our everlasting DIS-credit! Forgive us, I pray, Lord, and open our eyes and hearts, that we might see more clearly, and do Thy will instead of our own, so that our nation might be saved once again.

Thou hast saved us before, many, many times. We look at the history of our fathers' and grandfathers' war, WWII, and see Thy mighty hand at many turns and points, where only You saved us from ourselves and our willful foolishness.

I pray, Lord, that Thou wouldst once again, save us from ourselves, that Thy might and honor might be restored to us as a nation, and that Thy Word might survive and be spread more in the manner You originally intended for it to be.

I pray these things in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God, our Savior, or friend, and our everything. Amen.

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord...Tonight my Heart is heavy... I was expecting Justice here in America... It seems we are all equal but Some are more equal than others... My Buddy Ray always says, " Don't Worry...God is Always in Control". Please Give Us This Faith!!!

Oh Lord.... I Believe in Mercy... I need it more than Most... And I Thank You for Mercy.. But I Don't Understand How Evil cannot be stopped....

Again I ask You for Love, Mercy, Forgiveness, Strength, Understanding, and Victory...

Maybe You are just making the whole Country cry out for Justice. I just don't know....

All I can do is Thank You For This Day..... Please Bless my Country Lord...

Amen

Quote Originally Posted by castalott View Post
    Dear Lord...Tonight my Heart is heavy... I was expecting Justice here in America... It seems we are all equal but Some are more equal than others... My Buddy Ray always says, " Don't Worry...God is Always in Control". Please Give Us This Faith!!!

Oh Lord.... I Believe in Mercy... I need it more than Most... And I Thank You for Mercy.. But I Don't Understand How Evil cannot be stopped....

Again I ask You for Love, Mercy, Forgiveness, Strength, Understanding, and Victory...

Maybe You are just making the whole Country cry out for Justice. I just don't know....

All I can do is Thank You For This Day..... Please Bless my Country Lord...

Amen
    These are my own thoughts also , thank you castalot . Amen Amen

castalot, me too. Amen.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Lord in this time when justice is not for the elite we your humble followers turn to you to bring justice to the situations. we know we are sinners saved by your grace and thank you everyday. we need your help and grace this time to deal with the emotions of abandonment we feel by our legal system. Lord you can punish the offenders who shake their fists in your face and say they are above God and the law. please Father take up this cause and help those of us who need your grace.
    amen

Moderator Emeritus

Amen to all the above! Christ is always in control. We're being direly challenged. We are generally the only "hands" He has to work with, but sometimes, our hands are not enough. This seems to be one of those times, and I pray sincerely that our Lord will bring order where we cannot. Lord, let there be some semblance of justice in our land! I know we haven't earned it well, so I can only pray for Thy Grace now. Please, take up this situation where it seems we have no power to correct it, I pray, in your Holy Name, Amen.

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord... After a day to think about it, I feel much better. I believe we , as Christians , Need more Guts and Drive. This Continent was tamed by a Strong, Free, and Faithful People. Let Us Be This Way Again!!! We have Good Blood in Our Veins! Let Us be Worthy of our Father's and Grandfather's Generation! I Ask You for Strength , Power, Courage, Faith ,Hope, Determination, Love, Mercy , and Your Blessing...

Amen

Boolit Master
    "God feeds all the birds...But He doesn't throw it in the Nest."

Moderator Emeritus

Amen! AMEN!

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord.... Once again I have Hope for this Land. With Your Blessings and Guidance we CAN overcome. I humbly ask You Lord for Love, Mercy, Forgiveness, Strength, Courage , Hope, Faith, Guidance, Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge, and Victory... In Love I gently ask for these Things....

Amen

Quote Originally Posted by castalott View Post
    Dear Lord.... Once again I have Hope for this Land. With Your Blessings and Guidance we CAN overcome. I humbly ask You Lord for Love, Mercy, Forgiveness, Strength, Courage , Hope, Faith, Guidance, Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge, and Victory... In Love I gently ask for these Things....

Amen

Thank you castalot . Amen

Moderator Emeritus

Lord, I come to you in prayer to ask for a leader. Someone who can and will revive the faith of this nation, and our trust in You. Send us a great speaker/orator that might inspire us Lord, and let him be so eloquent and relevant that all nations will hear of him, and those who do evil will fear his words, and quake at their hearing. Mighty is your power, and powerful is your hand and heart. Instill in this leader, Lord, all that we need in order to have a great revival of our faith throughout this land, Lord, I pray. For nothing else would be sufficient to restore our nation now, as it exists today. Have mercy on us Lord, even though so many of us don't and could never deserve it. This I pray by the virtue of thy Grace, created in the blood You shed for us in our stead, that we might live yet. We could never repay your simple, loving gift, and we bow our heads in solemn worship of your Holy Name. Grant this prayer, Lord, I pray. Amen.

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord....I am sorely grieved at the evil so abundant now. But I expect it will be a common thing for some time. So I ask you humbly to strengthen us all. Let us withstand these trials with Strength, Honor, Faith , Courage , and Understanding. Please give us Hope so we may not falter.

We can still do Mighty things with Your Blessings...

Amen

Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast