PBcastcoMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer for our nation daily

Boolit Master
    Growing up, our driveway was on Route 50. Mom stayed home when I was under 5 years old. I can still remember the bums ( guys down on their luck) knocking on the door saying,"I'm hungry....do you have anything to eat?" Mom would say , " Go sit under the shade tree and I'll get you something." She would fry them up a real hamburger... on a wheat bun toasted in the burger grease with butter added. She always decked it out full with whatever onions, lettuce, or whatever was growing in the garden. Add to this mom's homemade sweet pickles and homemade beets on the side. A tall glass of cold milk rounded out the meal. She served everyone like he was a King.....

I asked why she did this one time. Her reply: "I was starving when I was little...Times were tough in the Great depression. I asked God to feed me and He did. I promised to return the favor. If anyone hungry shows up and I have food, they eat with us. If I have food, they get it."

Deep in my Soul I know that mom thought any one of those bums could be the King of Kings checking on her Promise. She never failed up to the day she died....

“The essence of having faith in what Jesus had faith in and being a Jesus Follower is to engage in a very simple but extraordinarily difficult practice that is best captured in a single word: empathy.”
    ― Robert S. McElvaine, Grand Theft Jesus: The Hijacking of Religion in America

“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”
    ― Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.”
    ― Neil Gaiman

“Stop doing what is easy. Start doing what is right.”
    ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

“Keep true. Never be ashamed of doing right. Decide what you think is right and stick to it.”
    ― George Eliot

“The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to the other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creatures that cannot.”
    ― Mark Twain, What Is Man?

“If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see.”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Boolit Master
    True WW2 story from a man on my route...

The Colonel told young Lt Henson, " We just got a new P51 and I want to fly it. You fly my plane as wingman." They milled around upstairs awhile and finally landed in liberated France to find 'something to drink'. The Colonel landed first in the new, unmarked P51. The local French, never having seen a real fighter pilot, carried him around on their shoulders, singing his Praises.

Then Lt Henson landed in the Colonel's plane...the one with 13 Swastikas painted on the side making the Colonel a double Ace plus a little....

The French, upon seeing this, thru the Colonel down into a mud puddle and carried Lt Henson on their shoulders singing his praises....

The French were originally carrying the right guy and thru him down for the wrong reason....

Is this the way you are with God....Were you singing His Praises and thru Him away for the wrong reason? All I am asking you to do is think about it....

“I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live. (Psalms 116:1-2 NIV)”
    ― Anonymous, Holy Bible: New International Version

“Mercy is the stuff you give to people that don't deserve it.”
    ― Joyce Meyer

“I deserted the world and sought solitude because I became tired of rendering courtesy to those multitudes who believe that humility is a sort of weakness, and mercy a kind of cowardice, and snobbery a form of strength.”
    ― Kahlil Gibran, A Treasury of Kahlil Gibran

Boolit Master
    If no one likes these personal stories or thinks they don't belong here...say so....
    Last edited by castalott; 07-01-2017 at 08:02 PM. Reason: I'm stupid

Moderator Emeritus

I think they're fine. For a prayer for the nation, just to keep with the original title, I'll offer this:

Lord, our nation was once a studious and serious people. Now, we've become willful and silly. Forgive us, Almighty God, and grant us a great leader who can and will restore a silly people to once again being serious about the serious things of this life again. We are not worthy, and could NEVER be worthy, but nevertheless, by the sacred shed blood of Jesus Christ, we pray for this great boon. Many have hardened their hearts, but many can still be reached. I pray for a great leader who will touch our hearts yet again, and remove the scales from our eyes, and break down the barrriers we've put up at the doorways of our hearts. Let thy words and thy works be seen in this world again, for what they really are, and not what some scoffer wants to try to make of them. Many of our young have never really heard thy Word, and what they have heard, has been all disparagement, and no illumination has been offered about what you left us to hear. Grant them, Lord, another real chance to hear what is real and loving and kind and True. We are not total fools, Lord, or at least not all of us. I pray for those who have heard, but didn't understand. I pray for those whose hearts have been so heavily laden that they couldn't grasp thy Divine love and grace. I pray for this nation, Lord, as a whole, that we might yet once again be the nation you always intended for us to be. We have been given so much, and yet, so many have taken that to divert the attention of many away from what is everlasting, and concentrated the focus of many on the things we can't possibly keep.

Forgive us, and grant us the gracious boon of a great religious leader, one who will touch the hearts of many who presently don't know you or your Divine wonders and awesome deity. Grant this, Lord, I pray, in the name of Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of the Living God, the Savior of all who'll come humbly to accept His wonderful and undeserved Gift. Amen.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by castalott View Post
    If no likes these personal stories or thinks they don't belong here...say so....
    I enjoy reading them Dale . I think your doing fine , you do what you think is right .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Quote Originally Posted by castalott View Post
    If no likes these personal stories or thinks they don't belong here...say so....
    I enjoy these posts immensely. Thank you castalott.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Another WW2 story from a man on my route...

'Bosco' was on a Bofors 40MM gun mount on the Cruiser Santa Fe. He was there the day the Carrier Franklin was struck and 740 men burnt to death in a few minutes. The Santa Fe came close alongside to take off survivors and fight the fire even though the Franklin was burning viciously and bombs were exploding. "On my mount I was right there. I could reach out and touch the Franklin at times...we were that close. Parts of the hull were red hot from the flames inside." ( Those are his thoughts but I may not have the exact words.) Bosco survived to also be at Nagasaki with the occupation forces. "There wasn't much left...a brick here and there...everything burnt..."

Like the very vast majority of men from the war, Bosco was a very good man....kind, gentle, honest, warm and always thinking of others...

Dear Lord.... Thank You for the wonderful people who served in that war. Let us all do our Duty to You and each other. Bless us all with Peace, Love, Mercy, Faith, Hope, and Courage. Let our new President have Faith and Love in his heart, Wisdom and Understanding in his mind, and Victory in his hands. Lead us all Down the Path You would choose... Amen
    Last edited by castalott; 07-02-2017 at 08:35 AM. Reason: should spell check better

Moderator Emeritus

What wonderful stories! Keep them up. We can all use inspiration daily, and our nation certainly needs our prayers. What could be more appropriate than keeping them both together? The inspiration helps us to focus on what our nation truly is in need of these days - more folks like those you write so wonderfully about. Thanks.

And Lord, you know us better than we know ourselves. You know our hearts, and our strengths and our weaknesses. You know our comings and goings. You know our inner spirit, and how easily it can be wounded and become stale. Please, Lord, give this nation more places and more people like those who gather here, that we might better and more fully represent Thee here in this finite and limited existence we now know. Help us to seek out inspiration, rather than simple perspiration. Help us to know You better and more fully. Help us to know ourselves better and more fully. Grant us Lord, I pray, someone who will come to lead and inspire us all, and overcome our differences between the sects of Thy People. Give us a spirit filled leader who can lead us to become what you would have us be in this evil filled world we have now. We need your great Power and Leadership, and a man who can put us in contact with that.

We are weak and heavily laden, but who among us could not love Thee with the right attitude and understanding? Few can deny Thee when confronted with the reality of Thy Divine presence! Thou are the great Lord of Heaven, our Leader and our Savior. Please, Lord, hear this prayer, and grant us this one final boon of a great spiritual leader who can and will lead us back to Thee. In the name of our precious Lord I pray. Amen.

Boolit Master
    The war would be over any day when Lt Henson was patrolling over Germany with 2 other fighters. Up ahead 3 German fighters were coming his way. Most days like this meant both sides went to full power and someone didn't live. But Lt Henson was tired of war. He 'waggled' his wings in the pilot language of 'hello'. The Germans did the same and both sides turned around and went home to live to the end of the war the next day.

Lt Henson wanted to find out who the German pilots were....to talk to them...to ask them what they were thinking that day.

Lt Henson was brave in the sky as his score showed although he would only talk of it in hushed tones. Proud of his service but sorry for what he had to do.... his driveway started at the end of the road and went back to a nice home with a big fishing lake he called 'Lake Blackberry'. He became very religious when he got home and spent his Life doing good for others....

Dear Lord.... Thank You for Goodness in this World. Thank You that such men existed. Please Bless us all with Courage, Hope, Faith, Mercy and Love. Let our President be a Good One...filled with Love and Mercy and Victory... Amen

“The gospel is the grace of mercy.”
    ― Lailah Gifty Akita

“Having faith does not mean you should be idle and expecting manna to fall from above. You must get up and do something!”
    ― Israelmore Ayivor, Become a Better You

“The soft heart is not a thing to harden but a treasure to protect. For soft hearts extend mercy, compassion, refuge, and God’s redemption to the world.”
    ― Richelle E. Goodrich, Slaying Dragons
    Last edited by castalott; 07-06-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Thanks rl. Here's one for you:
    A convoy of American trucks were passing thru a village in Germany when they came upon a group of German troops. There was a nervous standoff between the two groups, a lot of yelling and shouting, nothing more dangerous than a nervous man with his finger on the trigger, until a 19 year old Pfc from Perth Amboy NJ, whose parents were Hungarian immigrants that came to America in 1920. He stepped forward and discovered they were Hungarian conscripts trying to surrender. He spoke Hungarian and was able to calm the situation. It ended well. That Pfc was my father.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Wow, PB! What a story! And yet another example of how the real "heroes" are truly all around us. WWII created many, many heroes, so many that one commander said of them, "Uncommon valor was a common virtue" at Normandy. Those men were my heroes from about age 3, until today. Even as a teenager smitten with baseball, I knew "the Mick" was a celebrity, while those men who fought in WWII were the REAL "heroes." Today, the meaning of the word "hero" has been so gutted, that it has lost much if not most of its real meaning. And mankind has always, at critical junctures, required men to rise to the occasion and become real, bonafide heroes in the truest sense of the word. God bless and rest them all, and especially the very few who remain living today. And all other vets, as well. Not all were called upon to become heroes, but many, many were there, and willing to rise to any occasion they met. No enemy can long endure a people like that! I pray we still have enough of these today!

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord.... Please have Mercy on us and Bless us. Let Good Men and Women flourish in our Land. Let us seek after virtue and shun vice. Wash our Souls with pure ,clean Love from You.

Please Bless and Protect our new President. Fill him with Wisdom, Mercy, and Love. Give him Victory. Amen

“Heroes are made by the paths they choose, not the powers they are graced with.”
    ― Brodi Ashton, Everneath

“Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero to me. ”
    ― Fred Rogers

“All heroes are shadows of Christ”
    ― John Piper, Don't Waste Your Life

“Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

“You don't look so much like a great hero,' Jarrah said. 'I'm pretty sure I'm not,' Mack said wearily. 'My throat is hoarse from screaming in terror. I don't think heroes have that problem.”
    ― Michael Grant, The Call

Boolit Master
    Uncle Tom took over duties of Top Sergeant just before the construction Company shipped to the South Pacific. He didn't get the stripes or the pay...just the work and the responsibilities. It was an Army Company packed with civilian heavy equipment operators.

Uncle Tom said he never had any trouble with the civilians. Everyone knew the equipment, what they were doing and how to do it. He tried to help them where they needed it and stay out of their way the rest of the time. But he did think ahead. He had several cases of booze...the good stuff.... under lock and key. At the start of every project, he showed them a few bottles of whiskey and said, " When we are done and the old man signs off on this as 'well done'.... we'll have a drink or 2...."

So moved the construction in the Pacific War....

Dear Lord.... Thank You for my feeling better... Those teeth really needed to come out and I Thank You..... Thank you for all we are and all we have. Thank You for our many Blessings and the Love in our Lives. Thank You for our search for You as we get older...

Please Bless and Protect our Great Land.... Let our President be filled with Love, Mercy, Faith, Strength, Wisdom, and Victory...Amen

A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. —Lao Tzu

Where there is no vision, the people perish. —Proverbs 29:18

Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. — General George Patton

Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others. —Jack Welch

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has. —Margaret Mead

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. —Publilius Syrus

A great person attracts great people and knows how to hold them together. —Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Men make history and not the other way around. In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better. —Harry S. Truman
    Last edited by castalott; 07-13-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Boolit Master
    And a few more.....

Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems. —Brian Tracy

A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd. —Max Lucado

If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing. —Benjamin Franklin

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. —Thomas Jefferson

It is absurd that a man should rule others, who cannot rule himself. —Latin Proverb

Not the cry, but the flight of a wild duck, leads the flock to fly and follow. —Chinese Proverb

Whatever you are, be a good one. —Abraham Lincoln

I am endlessly fascinated that playing football is considered a training ground for leadership, but raising children isn't. —Dee Dee Myers

A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit. —John Maxwell

Boolit Master
    Uncle Tom's friend woke him up.... " I've done something stupid. I seen a Zero crash just outside the perimeter. I took a cat to drag it back. It's stuck out there somewhere...."

They jumped on the only other working cat and went to retrieve the stuck cat. When his buddy thought they were close, they hoped off to scout around on foot. " I could hear it running but I couldn't see it. We finally found it nosed down into a big crater. It was up to the motor in water and the fan was swirling the water as it ran." They drug the cat out and ,since the plane was right there, they tugged it back too. They pulled the plane up by the tents and put the cats away.

The 'old man' walked by a few minutes later and asked about the wreckage of the Zero.... "It must have crashed there during the night." someone offered.

Uncle Tom said there were cat tracks and drag marks all around it. Anyone who thought about it for 2 seconds knew what happened.

The 'old man' looked at everyone and said there was work to do..... and that was the end of that...

Dear Lord... Mercy for us all, Please Lord. Help us all Repent and Turn Away from the evil we do. Bless and Protect our Great land. let our New president be the Best Ever. Fill him with Love, Mercy, Faith, Strength, and Wisdom. Let him have Victory after Victory... Amen

Boolit Master
    “You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from.”
    ― Cormac McCarthy, No Country for Old Men

“You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.”
    ― Bill Watterson

“Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

“I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

“Scientists have calculated that the chances of something so patently absurd actually existing are millions to one.
    But magicians have calculated that million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.”
    ― Terry Pratchett, Mort

Boolit Master
    Before the company went overseas, the Commander wanted a demonstration of the firepower of the Garand rifle. Uncle Tom was the best shot in the company so he went prone with the rifle. Another man held handfulls of the clips and was the loader. One man just shot...one man just loaded... I remember Uncle Tom saying he got 80 'some' rounds off in 60 seconds.

"The rifle barrel was too hot to touch... Cosmoline dripped out of it everywhere... It was a mess..."

But Uncle Tom proved he was a good shot. On one island, there was a goat that watched from the hills... Everyone talked of 'goat dinner' as the standard rations left something to be desired...

So my uncle borrowed an O3 .... the sniper version...and went goat hunting. He got it too but I can't remember the range. He said everyone enjoyed the goat....

Dear Lord...Thank You for all the Good Things in our lives...Thank you that such Good Men live. Let us all become the men You would want...Amen

“Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

“For us hunting wasn’t a sport. It was a way to be intimate with nature…” -Ted Kerasote

“A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact.” -Aldo Leopold

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Vegetarian: Old Indian word for poor hunter....

It's better to sit in a tree thinking about God than sit in a Church thinking about hunting....
    Last edited by castalott; 07-15-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Boolit Master
    Another true WW2 from a guy on my route....

"Bill" was a B24 pilot. He wanted to go overseas but was stuck as an instructor in ,I think, Texas. He said there was a debate whether a B24 could make a loop. One day he tried it. "at the top of the loop (the plane is upsidedown)the plane is really slow and sluggish. The big toolbox we keep in the plane launched itself downward thru the overhead plexiglass viewport- never to be seen again.

We looked for a week or 2 for it. Tools were hard to come by. I was in a lot more trouble for losing the toolbox than I was for damaging the plane. But I was in plenty of trouble for that too. I told them to discipline me by sending me overseas. 'You're here...get used to it.' "

This conversation was 30 years ago...true to the best of my memory...

Like most of the WW2 vets I knew, Bill lived a very quiet life in a small cabin in the woods.

Dear Lord.... Thank You for all we are and all we have. Bless us and guide us down the Path You would have us go. Protect our new President and fill him with Love, Mercy, Faith, Wisdom, and Victory... Amen

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”
    ― Albert Einstein

“Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

“When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way.”
    ― Paulo Coelho, Brida

“Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.”
    ― Napoléon Bonaparte

“To err is human, to forgive, divine.”
    ― Alexander Pope, An Essay on Criticism

“We learn from failure, not from success!”
    ― Bram Stoker, Dracula

“Well, we all make mistakes, dear, so just put it behind you. We should regret our mistakes and learn from them, but never carry them forward into the future with us.”
    ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea

“It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

“I make mistakes like the next man. In fact, being--forgive me--rather cleverer than most men, my mistakes tend to be correspondingly huger.”
    ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    Last edited by castalott; 07-17-2017 at 08:46 AM. Reason: need to proofread better

Moderator Emeritus

Lord Jesus, please, I pray, descend upon this nation, and let us return to what we once were - a people of real faith, and good will. For now, we have become a nation that only seems to seek money and lust and power. Forgive us, I pray, and heal our land, Lord. We are beyond the help of the faithful, without the input of Thy Holy Hand in it all. You have given us a good leader, and for that we give thanks tremendously, for his opponent would have ended this nation as anything like what it was designed by you and the founders to be. But we have far yet to go to be what you always intended that we be. Grant us, Lord, by whatever means you deem necessary and appropriate, a great leader who can communicate the simple need we all have for thy Faith and Love. With Faith and Love, we can again be what you always intended for us to be as a nation. Without it, we will wither and die, and we are one of the last great stations of thy faith in this world. Thus, we pray most earnestly for this great boon to us, that we might all serve thee much better, and that thy family here might grow. Thank you for all you have most generously given to us as a nation, Lord. You have truly blessed us beyond our wildest dreams, and yet, so many have grown haughty in our plenty, and fail to recognize whence these blessings come. They think THEY did it, when we know it is YOU who has provided us both the chance and the wherewithall to bring these fruits to bear. Forgive the haughty ways of so many, and know that there are many here who yet love and follow you, and try mightily to do thy will, and not our own. Praised be thy name foreveer and ever. Amen.

Boolit Master
    I just knew his last name was Smith. Friendly , quiet sort of guy I would see down at the local Country Store/ sandwich shop. He was about the right age so I asked him about serving... " Army...Europe..."

What did you do? "Mostly worked in ammo dumps loading trucks...." Then a funny look came on his face and he continued... " I was working at a big dump...hot, sweaty work. I got the chance to volunteer to go to the front with a load. I'd get out of the dump for a day and I would see the front...see what this war was about. All my friends and coworkers said, ' don't go' 'it's not safe' 'stay here' . But I went anyway. I never had a bit of trouble until I got back to the dump. It was gone. Bombed while I was gone. My whole outfit was wiped out. Only I survived. "

And with a strange look, he was concentrating on something over my shoulder. What he was 'seeing' was in another time...another place. If you have never seen that look, I can't describe it and you'll never understand. If you ever see it you'll never forget....

Dear Lord.... Thank You for the Blessings we have...Thank You that such great men existed. Please give us all courage as we go thru every day. Lead us down the path you would have us go...Amen

Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast