MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, Dec. 03

For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, Dec. 03

Good morning all. More from Romans and a particularly relevant message today. Have a safe and blessed day.

Thursday, December 3, 2020 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    The Choice to Rejoice

“We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.”
    —Romans 5:3

Everywhere the apostle Paul went, there was either a riot or a revival. Paul never had a boring day in his life that we know of. There was always something going on with him.

Yet Paul didn’t merely endure these experiences but rejoiced in them. He wrote, “We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation” (Romans 5:3–4 NLT).

Paul was describing the kind of trials in which there’s nothing we can do to make them go away. But when Paul went through those hardships, he made the choice to rejoice. And we have that same choice before us.

I can’t control what happens around me, try as I may. But I can control how I react. When difficulties come my way, when things that seem unfair happen to me, when I’m going through a time of hardship, I can choose to be better or bitter.

Some people choose the latter. They’re bitter. They’re mad at God, mad at the world, and mad at their family. They’re mad at everything.

However, others say, “Lord, I don’t know why you’ve allowed this, and I wish you wouldn’t allow it. But I want to be better. I want to learn through this.”

Some trials that come into our lives are short-lived. But others don’t go away, and there’s no way around them. So what should we do?

We need to put our hope in God.

Remember, Paul said, “We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.” Maybe you don’t understand it at the moment, but there’s a reason for what you’re going through. God is working through it. And He never will let you down.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

It comes down to one question for me. Am I full of me, or full of God. When I am angry and bitter I am only thinking of me. When I am eagerly looking for the lesson I am full of God.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Boy is this ever relevant in todays world - Thanks for the Blessing of the word and Scripture this morning
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Amen, This is exactly what I was preaching to myself the other day.

Banned

Thanks for this scripture, I have been dealing with this same thing for some time, and reading this helps a lot.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I have run up against this only lately . It's a fact that there are so many things we can't control or solve on our own . Giving it to him is the only answer . I gave him several of my problems last night before bed .
    No turning back , No turning back !