Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Load Data
Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1417

Thread: Prayer for our nation daily

Prayer for our nation daily

I think it’s interesting that if we discuss our political differences, our country seems torn and divided, because we are torn and divided. But the same people can sit down over coffee and discuss kids, grandkids, sports, and hobbies without wanting to kill each other. We come to each others’ aid in times of crisis despite our differences.

I think the middle class tends to find a way to govern its self, despite extremists on both sides who try to pull us into factions. I have a lot of faith in the average citizen. We screw up now and then, make bad choices, but eventually figure it out. We’re going to be OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by fn1889m; 08-02-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Boolit Master
    I think that is how we were controlled... Make us all enemies and play both sides...

Dear Lord... Thank You for all we are and all we have. Lead down the Path You would choose.Protect this Land I Love... Amen

Moderator Emeritus

Some good insights here. However, it's ALSO true that what we believe and do regarding politics is what shapes and determines the direction and degree the nation goes in, so, it's of the utmost importance that we make the best decisions possible, and take all that really matters into consideration. I think God never gives us rights without also including some serious responsibilities along with those rights. Some today, say that there IS no real "right and wrong" with regard to politics, and that one idea or belief is just as good as the next. However, even a cursory examination of the record history provides for us, indicates that mistakes in politics CAN have devastating repercussions. I think the biggest problem we have today regarding politics is that many don't really like the subject, and therefore, don't really think of it very deeply or often, and as a result of that, fall into accepting false doctrines that lead to nowhere they really want to go.

This is fostered, I think, by our very, VERY easy life, these days. It's hard to starve or waste away in our modern America. So many have become slovenly, and expect not to have to contribute much, if anything, to the sustenance and perpetuation of the nation. Ease breeds contempt and laziness. And it's really just that simple.

God willed us to have this great nation. Whether we keep it or not is a matter of how WE conduct ourselves, and whether we appreciate what we have, and realize what the true cost was of bringing it into reality.

God save us from ourselves! We are a wonton lot, sometimes!

Prayer for our nation daily

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    However, it's ALSO true that what we believe and do regarding politics is what shapes and determines the direction and degree the nation goes in, so, it's of the utmost importance that we make the best decisions possible, and take all that really matters into consideration.

This is fostered, I think, by our very, VERY easy life, these days. It's hard to starve or waste away in our modern America. So many have become slovenly, and expect not to have to contribute much, if anything, to the sustenance and perpetuation of the nation. Ease breeds contempt and laziness. And it's really just that simple.
    I agree with the first statement, but I also know to many people living in poverty. Especially seniors. We have a shrinking middle class and growing lowest and upper classes. I do not think the solution is giving people stuff. But making education and entry into skilled trades more accessible, upgrading infrastructure for industrial development, and health care for the elderly poor, are pretty important. Education and good jobs lead to stronger families.

And prayer. I think it is harder to have a good moral compass today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Master
    Monday evening was quite a deal...

Sitting at the doc's office, I struck up a conversation with a nice older couple. After a few minutes I asked where he grew up.

"Five miles south of town."

Mom's family grew up five miles south of town so I asked...

"Why sure I knew Millie ( grandma). I ate many a fine Sunday dinner there."

A golden laser beam to the past had been turned on. I thought all of this generation was gone.

"Did you know Hazel?"

"I knew Lester better. We hunted together for years."

Dear Sweet Uncle Lester... Here was his buddy...

Now the conversation was on fire for both of us. This guy was Tom B----s. Still lives a mile from the old home place. Been there all these years. Born in 31 and mom was born in 28. He confirmed everything mom told me....

Tom was legally blind. Said he was watching tv on day and went outside. When he came back in he couldn't see it anymore. But he was so Thankful... "It wasn't a stroke so I can still stay at home with the wife. I can see your outline but not your face. I am so Thankful...."

Tom was drafted in 52 and served in the Army motor pool in Paris and then Germany. "The German People liked American soldiers but the French hated us. You could see it in their eyes..." This surprised me... Really surprised me..We saved them....

Tom became the General's driver. "So you were a Sergeant?" I asked thinking generals rated a Sergeant driver. "No, a private."

"How did you like the General?" I asked figuring Generals would be tough as nails...

"I liked him just fine. I never did anything wrong and did everything exactly as he wanted it. I drove his wife around too. She often brought homemade lunch. I had good duty..."

So we talked and talked until I had to go....

Dear Lord .. Thank You for such a Wonderful evening. Thou Art mindful of me even when I am unworthy of Thee.. I cannot tell Thee what Joy you brought...

Please Bless and Protect this Land I love and this new Friend I have... Teach us all to be Good and Good for Something... Amen

All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that.

Baltasar Gracian

If we take care of the moments, the years will take care of themselves.

Maria Edgeworth

Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness, no laziness, no procrastination: never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield

Amen and thanks for sharing that heartwarming experience.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Amen. Ain't it funny how often you can find a real jewel you'd never been able to anticipate? And all for the simple effort of just striking up a conversation. Nobody does that much, any more, but I still try to now and then, at least. You meet some awfully interesting and knowledgeable people, if we simply start a conversation or ask a question!

Boolit Master
    I found out today Norma H----- died a few weeks back. Devoted to Edwin, she soldiered on without him for years. I worked on Edwin's farm years ( and years) ago. They were both kind, gentle, good, Godly people.

Norma was one of the cooks all the years I went to our tiny grade School. Her cooking was as good as my mom's, which is to say Outstanding! Once a week, Norma would make homemade rolls from scratch. They would hand out extras after you cleaned your plate. These along with pats of real butter and a salt shaker on each table was a match made in Heaven. Since our milk came out of a big stainless dispenser you could have seconds and thirds of milk too. Yummy!

Bless You Norma and Edwin...

Dear Lord... Thank You for All the Goodness in this World. Thank You that Good People try so hard to follow Your Ways.. We are never Grateful or Thankful enough ... Amen

Earthly wisdom is doing what comes naturally. Godly wisdom is doing what the Holy Spirit compels us to do.
    Charles Stanley

The time you spend alone with God will transform your character and increase your devotion. Then your integrity and godly behavior in an unbelieving world will make others long to know the Lord. Charles Stanley

A nation is blessed when it has godly leaders.
    Max Lucado

If people want to simulate a godly lifestyle - great. If they don't - good luck with that.
    Jase Robertson

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I enjoyed the stories ! Thank you !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord... Our president is under constant attack... Please save him. Please Bless and Protect our President and our way of life. Please bend this evil to Thy Will.... Amen

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. Newt Gingrich

In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way. Franklin D. Roosevelt

In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia.
    George Orwell

Moderator Emeritus

Lord, this nation is under attack from many sources, within and without. All are hostile to your Kingdom and works. Please Lord, save us from them! You've given us a good President, who seems to be trying to serve you as well as the nation. I beg you to save us from our own selves yet once again! We stand idle when we should act. We wonder when we need to decide and act. We seem confused by our own selves and our own vascillations, that we don't know what to do or where to turn. When we get like this, Lord, you've reached down, and given us a great leader, who has led us back toward the path of righteousness and love. Many now mock and deny you. But we, the ones who call ourselves by your name, are ready to act if you'll provide us with a good leader. We are powerless wihtout one. We must be led to be effective. Give us a great leader who can inspire our spirits as well as provide us with the things we need to continue as the Founders intended.

And Lord, thank you more than words can say for all you've given us for so very long now. For most of our nation's existence, folks had to work long and hard just to keep things going and progressing very slowly. Now we have much, and many don't know what to do with all the time we have, and so they fill it with anti-Christian things and ideas and actions! Even believers slide off into the morass sometimes!

We need you Lord. We need you every day. We need you every hour! We need you ALWAYS! Forgive us, and guide us, and return us to where we need to be again, I pray. In Christ's Holy name I pray. Amen.

Boolit Master
    Hebrews 10:36
    You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.

Dear Lord... Raise us up...Let our Willpower be strong.. Let us be Faithful to ourselves and You. Please Bless our President and Protect him from evil,. Let us not wander thru this life aimlessly... Amen

James 1:2-3
    2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

Romans 12:12
    12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Know yourself. Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
    Ann Landers

MEN CAN STARVE FROM A LACK OF SELF-REALIZATION AS MUCH AS THEY CAN FROM A LACK OF BREAD.
    Richard Wright

NOT UNTIL WE ARE LOST DO WE BEGIN TO UNDERSTAND OURSELVES.
    Henry David Thoreau

First find the man in yourself if you will inspire manliness in others.
    Amos Bronson Alcott

When you're good at making excuses, it's hard to excel at anything else.
    John L. Mason

He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.
    Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master
    Goodness is about character - integrity, honesty, kindness, generosity, moral courage, and the like. More than anything else, it is about how we treat other people.
    Dennis Prager

There is no greatness where there is no simplicity, goodness and truth.
    Leo Tolstoy

Dead Lord... Let us all be good and good for something. Let us, with Faith and Courage, face each day and do Your Will. Let us not flag or fail. Let us not run or fear. Let us stand for Fair Truth and Wonderful Hope. Please bless and Protect our President. Let him be a Great , Great Leader... Amen

The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Virtue is bold, and goodness never fearful.
    William Shakespeare

Man has two great spiritual needs. One is for forgiveness. The other is for goodness.
    Billy Graham

There is no odor so bad as that which arises from goodness tainted.
    Henry David Thoreau

I have good looking kids. Thank goodness my wife cheats on me.
    Rodney Dangerfield

All the goodness I have within me is totally from the Lord alone. When I sin, it is from me and is done on my own, but when I act righteously, it is wholly and completely of God.
    Charles Spurgeon

People confuse goodness with weakness. It is weak people, not good people (goodness demands strength), who are taken advantage of.
    Dennis Prager

Goodness and hard work are rewarded with respect.
    Luther Campbell

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, Castalot. Your prayers always move me. Thanks.

Boolit Master
    “It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

“Character is doing what you don't want to do but know you should do.”
    ― Joyce Meyer

“Non nobis solum nati sumus.
    (Not for ourselves alone are we born.)”
    ― Marcus Tullius Cicero

Dear Lord.... Please Heal our fractured Land. Let Fair Truth again be our Guidestone. Let evil be bent to Thy Will. Let those who destroy and subvert our Constitution be removed from power. Let us seek after Good and Goodness thru this life... Amen

“The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first and love of soft living and the get-rich-quick theory of life.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

“If I were to remain silent, I'd be guilty of complicity.”
    ― Albert Einstein

“If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.

[Inaugural Address, January 20 1961]”
    ― John F. Kennedy

“Human happiness and moral duty are inseparably connected.”
    ― George Washington

“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is hopeless.”
    ― Chester Nimitz

“Lets have faith that right makes might; and in that faith let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

“Always seek justice, but love only mercy. To love justice and hate mercy is but a doorway to more injustice.”
    ― Criss Jami, Healology

Acts 6:4
    "But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word."

Boolit Master
    I follow three rules: Do the right thing, do the best you can, and always show people you care.
    Lou Holtz

Keep a good attitude and do the right thing even when it's hard. When you do that you are passing the test. And God promises you your marked moments are on their way.
    Joel Osteen

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

Dear Lord.. The next election is so important... We must keep honest ,good people in power. Protect this election so it is honest and fair. Let those who would steal be caught. Bend this evil to Thy Holy Will. Bring Thy People out to vote... Amen

Every day, I get closer to God. Every day, my will to do the right thing gets stronger.
    DMX

You don't have to deserve your mother's love. You have to deserve your father's.
    Robert Frost

Men lose all the material things they leave behind them in this world, but they carry with them the reward of their charity and the alms they give. For these, they will receive from the Lord the reward and recompense they deserve.
    Francis of Assisi

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves; and under the rule of a just God, cannot long retain it.
    Abraham Lincoln

Boolit Master
    Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.
    Sophocles

Every good citizen makes his country's honor his own, and cherishes it not only as precious but as sacred. He is willing to risk his life in its defense and is conscious that he gains protection while he gives it.
    Andrew Jackson

Dear Lord... Awaken thy People and fill them with a Wonderful Resolve. Let them stand for Truth, Honor and Freedom. You meant this land to be Free. Help us with this, Lord. Instill us all with a fierce resolve to do our Duty and Thy Will. Amen

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain.
    Plato

You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    Aristotle

Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
    Douglas MacArthur

Life every man holds dear; but the dear man holds honor far more precious dear than life.
    William Shakespeare

I love the name of honor, more than I fear death.
    Julius Caesar
    Last edited by castalott; 09-20-2018 at 10:51 PM.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Lord hear the prayers of your faithful servant castalot, we all stand with him as we know only you are the answer to our problems and those of this country.

Boolit Master
    The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage.
    Thucydides

Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.
    George Washington

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.
    Soren Kierkegaard

Dear Lord... Evil stands in this Land ready to control us all. Give us Courage, Wisdom, and Insight to resist this evil.Let the Good Woman teach her daughter and the Upright Man instruct his son. Let us seek Thy Ways for they are Good. Let us be Fearless and Stand Tall in the Pursuit of Goodness... Amen

The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them.
    Patrick Henry

Free people, remember this maxim: we may acquire liberty, but it is never recovered if it is once lost. Jean-Jacques Rousseau

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.
    Pericles

Boolit Master
    “Elections belong to the people. It's their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

“Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Every election is determined by the people who show up.”
    ― Larry J. Sabato , Pendulum Swing

Dear Lord... Awaken Thy People to the need to vote. Our Land is under attack from evil ones. A mighty victory in November would do wonders. Let Goodness again win. Please Bless and Protect our President. Amen

“Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.”
    ― E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly,

“American youth attributes much more importance to arriving at driver's license age than at voting age.”
    ― Marshall McLuhan

“To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

“Our freedoms are vanishing. If you do not get active to take a stand now against all that is wrong while we still can, then maybe one of your children may elect to do so in the future, when it will be far more riskier — and much, much harder.”
    ― Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem

“Have you ever stopped to ponder the amount of blood spilt, the volume of tears shed, the degree of pain and anguish endured, the number of noble men and women lost in battle so that we as individuals might have a say in governing our country? Honor the lives sacrificed for your freedoms. Vote.”
    ― Richelle E. Goodrich, Smile Anyway

“I'm all in favor of the democratic principle that one idiot is as good as one genius, but I draw the line when someone takes the next step and concludes that two idiots are better than one genius.”
    ― Leo Szilard

Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast