ADvertise hereInline FabricationRotoMetals2Graf & Sons
StainLess Steel MediaTitan ReloadingLee Precision

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748

Thread: Prayer for our nation daily

Moderator Emeritus

Lord, once again, you have shown us, your children, a powerful mercy, even though we don't deserve it. This storm called Irma that just went through was supposed to be the most powerful storm to have hit our land in the time we've been keeping records! But you, in your divine mercy, let it subside enough that the damage it did, in the huge area it affected, was in most cases minimal, at least under the circumstances. Thank you for the smaller number of lost lives than most of us feared might have been. Thank you for letting the storm diminish in my area to just another bad thunder storm. Thank you for all the folks from other states who came here to get our electrical power back up and running again. Thank you for ALL the tender mercies You've shown us in this time of challenge for many of us.

Thy power is great, and thy mercy unmatched. Thy Grace is a wonder to our simple human minds. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your love and mercy and grace! Praised be thy name forever and ever. Amen!

Boolit Master
    “We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Barbara de Angelis

I never know what I am going to write until I start here.... The last few days have been filled with the incredible wonder of this planet. About 7 hours every day I have this wonderous view of plants , animals, and sky. I am just in awe....

Then I read the thread about hunting with old guns. So many good old memories. A simpler time filled with simpler but better people...

Then thinking rears its ugly head. This nation ...this world is corrupt... Man is fallen...corrupt.... led astray...
    Many are good....many only think of themselves and how to get more,more,more....

It is such a mess and only God can fix it... And even He might have to wipe the slate clean and start again.

Dear Lord... We cry out for Mercy but we need those who get Mercy to Repent...turn away from the path to nowhere. They need to stop being a problem and start being a solution. They need to stop riding in the wagon and help pull it for those unable to do so. Heal us, teach us, lead us... Let our lives be simple but rich in the important things... Faith, Love, Mercy, Goodness, Hope, Strength,Courage, and Victory... As in all things, Your will be done...Amen

“Once a woman has forgiven her man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast.” – Marlene Dietrich

“When someone is hard on you it may have very little to do with you.” – Bryan McGill

“It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche

Castalot I agree . Though we live in a fallen world our Lord has given much . Many times we dwell on the negative and evil here but there is much good when you start looking for it . GOD provides .

Thank you for your prayer . Amen
    No turning back , No turning back !

Want to help with Texas Storm Relief? Click me

Boolit Master
    Childhood means simplicity. Look at the world with the child's eye - it is very beautiful.
    Kailash Satyarthi

I am sitting here laughing at myself. I was having watermelon for breakfast and it was just wonderful. I am amazed how simple I am.....

Dear Lord... Please Bless us this day...Lead us down the Path You would have us go. Protect us in our travels and work.. Let us enjoy the simple pleasures and let our Faith be our backbone in this world.... Amen

In character, in manner, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci

Simplicity is the glory of expression. Walt Whitman

I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures. Lao Tzu

I am convinced that there can be luxury in simplicity. Jil Sander

Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art. Frederic Chopin

Things that I grew up with stay with me. You start a certain way, and then you spend your whole life trying to find a certain simplicity that you had. It's less about staying in childhood than keeping a certain spirit of seeing things in a different way. Tim Burton

Nothing can conduce more to the order and stability of a government than the simplicity of the laws, the proper definition of rights, and their impartial and consistent administration. Sam Houston

Boolit Master
    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why.
    William Barclay

Dear Lord.... Once again we beg for Truth, Honor, Wisdom, Strength. Mercy. Love, Faith, and Hope. Let us never fear to do Right and always fear to do Wrong. Lead us down Your Path.... Amen

Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify. Henry David Thoreau

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. Henry David Thoreau

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion. Henry David Thoreau

I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual. Henry David Thoreau

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. Henry David Thoreau

Goodness is the only investment that never fails. Henry David Thoreau

There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root. Henry David Thoreau

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748