Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWideners
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer for our nation daily

Moderator Emeritus

Lord, once again, you have shown us, your children, a powerful mercy, even though we don't deserve it. This storm called Irma that just went through was supposed to be the most powerful storm to have hit our land in the time we've been keeping records! But you, in your divine mercy, let it subside enough that the damage it did, in the huge area it affected, was in most cases minimal, at least under the circumstances. Thank you for the smaller number of lost lives than most of us feared might have been. Thank you for letting the storm diminish in my area to just another bad thunder storm. Thank you for all the folks from other states who came here to get our electrical power back up and running again. Thank you for ALL the tender mercies You've shown us in this time of challenge for many of us.

Thy power is great, and thy mercy unmatched. Thy Grace is a wonder to our simple human minds. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your love and mercy and grace! Praised be thy name forever and ever. Amen!

Boolit Master
    “We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Barbara de Angelis

I never know what I am going to write until I start here.... The last few days have been filled with the incredible wonder of this planet. About 7 hours every day I have this wonderous view of plants , animals, and sky. I am just in awe....

Then I read the thread about hunting with old guns. So many good old memories. A simpler time filled with simpler but better people...

Then thinking rears its ugly head. This nation ...this world is corrupt... Man is fallen...corrupt.... led astray...
    Many are good....many only think of themselves and how to get more,more,more....

It is such a mess and only God can fix it... And even He might have to wipe the slate clean and start again.

Dear Lord... We cry out for Mercy but we need those who get Mercy to Repent...turn away from the path to nowhere. They need to stop being a problem and start being a solution. They need to stop riding in the wagon and help pull it for those unable to do so. Heal us, teach us, lead us... Let our lives be simple but rich in the important things... Faith, Love, Mercy, Goodness, Hope, Strength,Courage, and Victory... As in all things, Your will be done...Amen

“Once a woman has forgiven her man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast.” – Marlene Dietrich

“When someone is hard on you it may have very little to do with you.” – Bryan McGill

“It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Castalot I agree . Though we live in a fallen world our Lord has given much . Many times we dwell on the negative and evil here but there is much good when you start looking for it . GOD provides .

Thank you for your prayer . Amen
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    Childhood means simplicity. Look at the world with the child's eye - it is very beautiful.
    Kailash Satyarthi

I am sitting here laughing at myself. I was having watermelon for breakfast and it was just wonderful. I am amazed how simple I am.....

Dear Lord... Please Bless us this day...Lead us down the Path You would have us go. Protect us in our travels and work.. Let us enjoy the simple pleasures and let our Faith be our backbone in this world.... Amen

In character, in manner, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci

Simplicity is the glory of expression. Walt Whitman

I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures. Lao Tzu

I am convinced that there can be luxury in simplicity. Jil Sander

Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art. Frederic Chopin

Things that I grew up with stay with me. You start a certain way, and then you spend your whole life trying to find a certain simplicity that you had. It's less about staying in childhood than keeping a certain spirit of seeing things in a different way. Tim Burton

Nothing can conduce more to the order and stability of a government than the simplicity of the laws, the proper definition of rights, and their impartial and consistent administration. Sam Houston

Boolit Master
    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why.
    William Barclay

Dear Lord.... Once again we beg for Truth, Honor, Wisdom, Strength. Mercy. Love, Faith, and Hope. Let us never fear to do Right and always fear to do Wrong. Lead us down Your Path.... Amen

Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify. Henry David Thoreau

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. Henry David Thoreau

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion. Henry David Thoreau

I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual. Henry David Thoreau

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. Henry David Thoreau

Goodness is the only investment that never fails. Henry David Thoreau

There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root. Henry David Thoreau

Boolit Master
    People tend to forget their duties but remember their rights.
    - Indira Gandhi

2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight. I have completed the race. I have kept the faith.

Matthew 7:14 How narrow is the gate and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it.

Another difficult post... I cannot shake this feeling that we, my brothers and sisters and I, need to be ready. Spiritually of course but in all other ways too. Before any storm, the Captain readies the ship..prepares the crew...Plots the course....observes the sky....

Be ready, my Brethren.... Be Good Captains

Dear Lord...Help us be the People You would want. Lead us down Your Path. Fill us with Love, Mercy, Faith, Hope, Strength, Courage, Wisdom, Understanding, and Victory. As good servants, let us raise ourselves to the task at hand. Let us do the Right, as You teach us the Right... Amen

( Some of the above is from a speech by George the 6th)

I think the first duty of society is justice.
    - Alexander Hamilton

No more duty can be urged upon those who are entering the great theater of life than simple loyalty to their best convictions - EDWIN HUBBEL CHAPIN

THE ABILITY TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY IS THE MEASURE OF THE MAN - ROY L SMITH

The price of greatness is responsibility - SIR WINSTON CHURCHILL

The father who does not teach his son his duties is equally guilty with the son who neglects them - CONFUCIUS

Colossians 3:23-24 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
    Last edited by castalott; 09-24-2017 at 01:27 PM. Reason: need to think before posting

Thank you Dale . I always enjoy your posts .

Boolit Master
    A magazine cover today shouts about 'The madness of Trump'. He must have them really scared for this to happen.....

Dear Lord... Please Bless and Protect our President. Give him (and us) Strength, Courage, Wisdom, Understanding, Faith, Hope, Love , and Mercy.... The Bible tells us to pray for our Leaders. We Pray here Lord asking for Miracles for President Trump. Let him be a Good, Just, Wise, and Victorious Leader who will do the right thing every time. Protect him from those who hate... Bless us all... Amen

Prayer is a strong wall and fortress of the church; it is a godly Christian weapon.

Martin Luther

Through many dangers, toils and snares, I have already come; ‘Tis grace has brought me safe thus far and grace will lead me home.'

John Newton

Boolit Master

Amen !
    Being human is not for sissies.

I have thanked our Lord many times for our president . Thank you for this prayer castalot . Amen

Boolit Master
    “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

“When things go wrong, don't go with them.”
    ― Elvis Presley

Dear Lord... We give Thanks for All we are and All we have. Our lives are better than many in this crazy world. We Thank Thee for Thy Love and Mercy. Please be with those who suffer great loss....Amen

“When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Hardships make or break people.”
    ― Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind

“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

“Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.”
    ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.”
    ― Margaret Thatcher

“What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure.”
    ― Samuel Johnson, Johnsonian Miscellanies - Vol II

“Giving up is the only sure way to fail.”
    ― Gena Showalter

“A few fly bites cannot stop a spirited horse.”
    ― Mark Twain

Boolit Master
    A horrible shooting has happened in Las Vegas... Someone shooting into a crowd from a high rise hotel... many,many dead and wounded...

This guy is insane, fanatical, or filled with hate. Maybe all 3.... He used a full auto weapon... We will have to wait to know if he bought, modified, or smuggled the gun in..

Dear Lord....Please help those who are wounded.... help the families of those killed... Let our Country be calm... Let us not fear..let us not whip ourselves into a frenzy...Let us seek after the Truth and with reason and cool judgement look at this horrible tragedy.

Please give Our President and the American People Strength, Love, Mercy, Wisdom ,Faith, Hope, Courage, Understanding, and Victory. Protect us and our Great Land. Let our Freedoms and Way of life be stronger than ever... Amen

Psalm 23:6 “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.”

It is the tragedy of the world that no one knows what he doesn't know and the less a man knows, the more sure he is that he knows everything.

Joyce Cary

Boolit Master
    However long the night, the dawn will break.

African Proverb - Hausa Tribe

This maniac has done his damage. We can argue whether he would have killed more with a rental truck or gasoline bombs but the fact remains he had the desire to do it. It is this falling away from morality that is the real problem. Part of this society glorifies violence. The games, videos, and movies all push it. We can't be weak but we don't have to be evil.....

Dear Lord...Be with those who have lost so much. Sooth the bitter tears...Heal our nation and let us return to Your Ways.... Let Our Hearts be Pure and filled with Love... Take the hate away and let a life of Your Mercy be our Path...Amen

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most, that has made it possible for evil to triumph.

Haile Selassie

“It’s really a wonder that I haven’t dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.” ~ Anne Frank

“Hope is a verb with its shirtsleeves rolled up.” ~ David Orr

“Other men see only a hopeless end, but the Christian rejoices in an endless hope.” ~ Gilbert M. Beeken

“You’ve got to believe that God is in control of your life. It may be a tough time but you’ve got to believe that God has a reason for it and he’s going to make everything good.” ~ Joel Osteen

“Thanks be to God, there is hope to-day; this very hour you can choose Him and serve Him.” ~ D. L. Moody

Boolit Master
    “Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides.”
    ― André Malraux

“There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.”
    ― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Boscombe Valley Mystery

Something about this shooting doesn't fit right.... I don't know what it is but I expect there is more to it....

Dear Lord.... Bless our President and this Land... Protect us all from harm and evil... Be with those fighting yet another storm.... Let mercy and Love fill the Land... Teach us to be Good and Good for Something...Amen

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
    ― Walter Scott, Marmion

“A lie that is half-truth is the darkest of all lies.”
    ― Alfred Tennyson

“Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

“And we all know love is a glass which makes even a monster appear fascinating.”
    ― Alberto Moravia, The Woman of Rome

“Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!”
    ― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

“To find out if she really loved me, I hooked her up to a lie detector. And just as I suspected, my machine was broken.
”
    ― Dark Jar Tin Zoo, Love Quotes for the Ages. Specifically Ages 19-91.

“People are secretive when they have secrets.”
    ― Deb Caletti, The Secret Life of Prince Charming

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord... Thank You for all we have and all we are.... We all know we can lose everything, including our life, in a heartbeat. So Thank You for the many good things in our lives and for the time to enjoy them....

Please Bless and Protect our President and our Nation. Protect us from the evil that runs free in this world... Lead us to always do right... and never to do wrong....Amen

“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”
    ― Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches

“There are two circumstances that lead to arrogance: one is when you're wrong and you can't face it; the other is when you're right and nobody else can face it.”
    ― Criss Jami, Diotima, Battery, Electric Personality

I Corinthians 13:4 “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant…”

Galatians 6:9 “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.”

I Thessalonians 5:15 “See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone.”

James 4:17 “So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.”

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching. C.S. Lewis

Knowing what’s right doesn’t mean much unless you do what’s right. Theodore Roosevelt

John 14:23 Jesus answered, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

Thank you Dale . You are faithful to post prayer . Thank you .

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord... Today we ask for forgiveness in our lives... being human, we are all filled with mistakes and wrongs to others... Let us forgive and be forgiven in turn. Let us repent,turn away, from the path to nowhere and always have You for our Great Teacher. Thank You for all we are and all we have. Please protect our President and let him be a good, just, and great leader... Amen

“It does not take much strength to do things, but it requires a great deal of strength to decide what to do.”
    ― Elbert Hubbard

1 Peter 4:8

Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.

Luke 8:15

As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience.

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Ephesians 4:32

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Psalm 119:105

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

1 Corinthians

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Amen .

Boolit Master

Amen so many times over - I really appreciate these prayers. They truly are what is needed
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    Dear Lord... The World stumbles about in darkness and we need Your Light to see us thru... Heal us, Teach us, Love us...Please give us Faith, Hope, and Mercy... Fill this Land with Your Word... Please Bless our Land and our President... Let him be a good, wise, intelligent Leader... Amen

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
    ― Albert Einstein

“The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.”
    ― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
    ― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
    ― Jalaluddin Rumi

“Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold.”
    ― Bob Marley

“Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.”
    ― Truman Capote

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.
    James 3:13

Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
    Matthew 7:24

Fools find no pleasure in understanding
    but delight in airing their own opinions.
    Proverbs 18:2

Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast