Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Washington State.

Boolit Mold

Moving to Washington State.

Basic question for someone who live in the Seattle/NW Washington State area. Are there restrictions on the home manufacture of lead bullets? Use of Lead Ammunition for hunting, etc.
    Thanks

None I am aware of, but in the City of Seattle, who knows. They have an EXTREMELY liberal mayor who has tried his best to bypass the State's Preemption Law.
    If you live on the razor's edge and slip, you will die in two pieces

Boolit Master
    No state regulations on casting or hunting with cast bullets. They probably figure their horible hunting regulations are restrictive enough.

Boolit Master

I just hope your not a trapper. No snares or footholds. Cages only.

Ranges (private) have wait lists for new members. Was looking at relocating to Everett last summer but the job fell through. Moved on and got a call from the same company 2 weeks later after I was back up here. Aparently the new guy didn't have the Skillz and re-offered the job. The employer was kinda Surprised I was already at work.

Moving to central WA next week to become a couh cough 'Farmer'. I just hope the yote busting is as good as my friend says it is.

Perma-Banned
    I put in 38 years of my life over there, i swear id rather die than be forced to go back there! I have friends that cast bullets and i havnt heard any of them speak of legality issues, but who knows with that place?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
    I just hope your not a trapper. No snares or footholds. Cages only.

Ranges (private) have wait lists for new members. Was looking at relocating to Everett last summer but the job fell through. Moved on and got a call from the same company 2 weeks later after I was back up here. Aparently the new guy didn't have the Skillz and re-offered the job. The employer was kinda Surprised I was already at work.

Moving to central WA next week to become a couh cough 'Farmer'. I just hope the yote busting is as good as my friend says it is.
    Where in central?
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master

Between Brewster and Bridgeport for now. Looking at another property just east of Coulie City.

Boolit Master

I would go East.

The whole state is mostly conservative save for the Seattle cesspool. I'm 9 miles BY WATER from downtown Seattle, but it takes a ferry to get there.
    there are worse places, but this state is a place where lots of commies from CA escape to in hopes of turning this place into the place from which they escaped! A common theme.

good hunting and GREAT fishing, the summers here are hard to beat.
    I shoot at a nearby range that is not crowded on weekdays. Not too many fellow casters and a small cadre of reloaders means LOTS of free brass in common pistol calibers!!!!

hunting with cast is legal, but few do it outside of blackpowder deer season.
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Boolit Master

I lived there for more than 45 years. A very liberal state, never met a tax they didn't love.

Not too long ago they passed an initiative outlawing private firearm transfers. Which seems to include me handing you my gun to look at. No thanks.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Moving to Washington State.

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    I lived there for more than 45 years. A very liberal state, never met a tax they didn't love.

Not too long ago they passed an initiative outlawing private firearm transfers. Which seems to include me handing you my gun to look at. No thanks.

Cat
    This did indeed pass but I don't know one person who abides by it. A bunch of sheriffs got together and publicly announced they would not enforce it.
    Like has been said the whole state is conservative except for the Seattle/Tacoma area.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master
    None at all for shooting cast. Like PSPaul we have a moat between us and Seattle. Like 1989Todd much of the state is quite conservative except for the Seattle, Tacoma, and Everett area. Once you decipher the regulations, hunting is pretty good for any of the three species of deer, waterfowl, and bear (without dogs). Blackpowder seasons are quite good. Fishing is going downhill in a hurry, however now that the anti-sportfishing greenies rule the roost with the help of the commercial fishers. I have wholesaled and manufactured fishing tackle for 37 years in the PacNW and made the decision this winter that there are no longer any economically viable marine recreational fisheries in Puget Sound, Hood Canal, and soon the Straits of Juan de Fuca. If you want to catch steelhead, go to Oregon. If you like saltwater fishing, either go to Canada, Alaska, or, for the moment, Neah Bay while the Makah Indian Tribe continues to defy the anti-sportfishing state to keep sport fishing alive there.
    Assuming you are a bass fisher (like me), you will find Washington State quite remarkable but you will have to learn new things about largemouth and smallmouth bass.
    Feel free to send me a PM if you have other questions.

STAY OUT OF SEATTLE

They are so libtard all the guns stores left and moved into the county. Only place you can shoot legally in King Co are ranges.

No restrictions on reloading. Local on restrictions how much powder & primers you can store.

Put a pin on a map and draw a 100 mile circle on it, and stay outside the circle.

If your smuggling in holy black dont tell a soul. Carry 4 or less pounds at a time.
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Boolit Buddy
    Downtown Seattle, the underside of the I-5 bridges is a target-rich environment.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1989toddm View Post
    This did indeed pass but I don't know one person who abides by it. A bunch of sheriffs got together and publicly announced they would not enforce it.
    Except for the Washington State Arms Collectors Assn. They abide by it.

Sad really. I'm sure glad I got out of there.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Le Loup Solitaire
    I lived in the very eastern part of the state bordering with northern Idaho. Northeast of Spokane. Pretty much a forgotten land, sparsely populated, heavily forested and a lot of wilderness. Good hunting and fishing. No restrictions on casting, powder, primers etc. No one around to care. However the further west you go toward the coast-the worse it gets. Seattle megapolis...forget it. LLS

Boolit Master
    Id rather be across the river in Idaho. Wa. saves my family $300 a month in taxes and supposedly more school funding for the little ones... maybe some day ill get to live there.

Boolit Buddy

Good luck, I left central Washington and I will never move back

Boolit Mold
    I moved from the Puget Sound region two years ago after my parents drug me there some 30 years ago......NEVER AGAIN will I live on that side of the mountain. The farthest west I have been since moving to the Grand Coulee and now Coulee City area is Elensburg to pick up a buddy for a hunting trip when his truck broke down.

Only restriction I have over here on "The Dry Side" concerning lead is the work day that restricts my time from locating more.
    Last edited by Muddi1; 03-19-2016 at 01:53 AM.

Boolit Master
    Now wait a minute! There is also the seriously wet side of Washington State we lovingly call our piece of paradise, The Olympic Peninsula. We have two moats between us and the barbarians in Seattle, Puget Sound and Hood Canal (a fiord). We are at the foot of some of the most beautiful mountains on the planet. The national forest is next door with plenty of lowland hunting on public land bicycling distance away. My neighbors share my shooting ranges and we keep an eye on things for each other. There are lots of deer and bear and our neighborhood is so quiet that on one spring morning I had to shoo a sleeping mountain lion away from my mailbox so I could get the morning newspaper. Not to forget - we have all the clams and crab we can eat when the tides are right bicycling distance away plus the bay is full of tasty ducks in the fall and finally five good bass lakes within 20 minutes to occupy my summer evenings.
    Last edited by quilbilly; 03-18-2016 at 12:50 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast