RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Washington State.

I just got tired of rain...thank goodness it wasn't Seattle rain!
    If you live on the razor's edge and slip, you will die in two pieces

Boolit Master

Hey Quilbilly, we'll be in your neck of the woods in a few days. I'll wave as we drive through town!

I have done some vacationing on the Peninsula, and as Quilbilly says, it is beautiful. So different from the "Coast" that you have to drive through to get there. Very rural and peaceful. Even logging still being done the last time I was there.

One thing though Quil, you need to keep it quiet, you don't want any of "that crowd" to discover your little paradise and have it changed to their hell.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by corbinace View Post
    I have done some vacationing on the Peninsula, and as Quilbilly says, it is beautiful. So different from the "Coast" that you have to drive through to get there. Very rural and peaceful. Even logging still being done the last time I was there.

One thing though Quil, you need to keep it quiet, you don't want any of "that crowd" to discover your little paradise and have it changed to their hell.
    I thought about that afterwards.

Boolit Master

you need to keep it quiet, you don't want any of "that crowd" to discover your little paradise and have it changed to their hell.
    According to my father-in-law that's already happening. He's a retired logger, living on the land he was born on eighty-some years ago, outside of Sequim.

Boolit Mold

Guys due to the poor health of and other family reasons I am going to move back to Island County, well north of Seattle. I am a son of the south. I have been accumulating wheel weight lead, are wheel weight available or does the state require it go through approved recycling sources?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
    I just hope your not a trapper. No snares or footholds. Cages only.

Ranges (private) have wait lists for new members. Was looking at relocating to Everett last summer but the job fell through. Moved on and got a call from the same company 2 weeks later after I was back up here. Aparently the new guy didn't have the Skillz and re-offered the job. The employer was kinda Surprised I was already at work.

Moving to central WA next week to become a couh cough 'Farmer'. I just hope the yote busting is as good as my friend says it is.

I see what you're doing there... Seems to be the thing right now. Lots of CA folks moving into OR for the same reasons. Property prices have gone UP!
    Last edited by ol skool; 03-24-2016 at 05:14 PM.
    μολὼν λαβέ

I resent it when other people try to inflict their ideas of betterness on me. I don’t think they know. And I can’t see any authority on the horizon that’s got any answers that seem worthwhile. FZ

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ol skool View Post
    I see what you're doing there... Seems to be the thing right now. Lots of CA folks moving into OR for the same reasons. Property prices have gone UP-UP!

Yea, they really are messing up the NW to include ID and MT. So I take it your in Eugene? (Rainbows & Unicorns). Lived in Salem till 02 and came up here. Tired of living west of the mountains. Promised a friend a year of my time to help him expand since were are begining a recession up here. It appears the counties are starting to fight back the state and have voted in moritoriums to exclude any expansion of existing or new businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
    Yea, they really are messing up the NW to include ID and MT. So I take it your in Eugene? (Rainbows & Unicorns). Lived in Salem till 02 and came up here. Tired of living west of the mountains. Promised a friend a year of my time to help him expand since were are begining a recession up here. It appears the counties are starting to fight back the state and have voted in moritoriums to exclude any expansion of existing or new businesses.
    To stay on topic I think the PR of CA is the only lead banned utopia so far. You should be good in WA... until they want to introduce CA Condors so Enviros can justify to the gov't stomping on your God given rights.

Greg S: No, So. OR, not as bad as Eugene yet anyway... Good luck with your new venture. It is a business opportunity right now. If your friend keeps it that way he will survive the gyrations that are sure to come and emerge an old mossback in the end. This is a cash only business, if he IS a farmer he probably will be very successful.
    μολὼν λαβέ

I resent it when other people try to inflict their ideas of betterness on me. I don’t think they know. And I can’t see any authority on the horizon that’s got any answers that seem worthwhile. FZ

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shamgar View Post
    Guys due to the poor health of and other family reasons I am going to move back to Island County, well north of Seattle. I am a son of the south. I have been accumulating wheel weight lead, are wheel weight available or does the state require it go through approved recycling sources?
    If you are on Whidbey Island, keep an eye out for me as I have several customers on the Island. The Ace Hardware in Oak Harbor has one of the most knowledgeable shooting departments around. I sell them fishing tackle and am usually there on Wednesdays.

Quote Originally Posted by shamgar View Post
    Bring all the lead you can scrounge when you come. Washington has banned WW on cars in favor of zinc. Apparently no one ever mentioned being poisoned by zinc. Damn liberals. Lead opportunities seem to come in spurts, you can either find a lot of it or none. A diver could score big on the lost down rigger balls laying at the bottom of the Sound.

Quote Originally Posted by justingrosche View Post
    Bring all the lead you can scrounge when you come. Washington has banned WW on cars in favor of zinc. Apparently no one ever mentioned being poisoned by zinc. Damn liberals. Lead opportunities seem to come in spurts, you can either find a lot of it or none. A diver could score big on the lost down rigger balls laying at the bottom of the Sound.
    Ain't that the truth! Wonder how deep it is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1989toddm View Post
    Ain't that the truth! Wonder how deep it is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Most down rigger balls are lost on ledges between 80 and 100 feet down. Keep an eye out for metal recycling centers. Most get quite a bit of roofing lead in the summer. Roofing lead is pretty pure if dirty so must be cleaned. I use roofing lead for jigs in my business as well as boolits. There is plenty out there around the Puget Sound metro Sound if you are patient but, no, I won't tell you which recycler I haunt.

Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    Now wait a minute! We have two moats between us and the barbarians in Seattle, Puget Sound and Hood Canal (a fiord).
    aka. Hippies. lol

How did the move go? I have to head back again myself. This will be time number 4
    Last edited by Just Duke; 06-22-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKE NUKEM View Post
    How did the move go? I have to headed back again myself. This will be time number 4
    You must be a glutton for punishment. 4!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    You must be a glutton for punishment. 4!!!
    I can't find any place that don't have, chiggers, ticks, Botflies, Hurricanes, tornado's, thugs and border crossing thugs, Poison Ivy and variants, oppressive laws (police state), Alligators (ICK!) mosquito squadrons that swam in Biblical proportions etc......................
    Last edited by Just Duke; 06-22-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Boolit Master
    At least we have the mosquito part covered.

Boolit Buddy
    The 'Birds of Prey Center' in Boise is involved in a study of the Snake River Canyon (ID, OR & WA) for its suitability for the introduction of the CA Condor! We have numerous areas that have been 'shutdown' to prevent 'disturbing' a variety of wildlife. But hey, its ok to build subdivisions on slipping slopes and fill in ephemeral stream beds, destroy winter range etc. to provide a piece of paradise for out of state folks.
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

I'm not the best cook in the world so I have to ask if CA Condor tastes somewhat like Oregon Spotted Owl?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast