MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Scrap Yard Prices for COWW

Boolit Master

Scrap Yard Prices for COWW

I recall last year while I was visiting g family that I tried to pick up some WW at a local tire shops. One shop stated that they don't give them away anymore since their franchise considers them Haz Waste and the other shop turned their nose up @ $20.00 a bucket and counter with 75. Anyway, this weekend I contacted them about scrapping some COWW and heavily used brass cases. The brass was quoted @ $1.17 per lb and the.COWW was quoted @ 2 cents a pound. Hardly worth the efort to turn in for scrap.

Boolit Buddy
    The yard I work at is paying about $.40 to $.45 per pound for wheel weights that are mixed with steel and zinc weights.

Boolit Man
    The scrap yards around here sell them for 30-45 cents a pound, but you can count on a lot of zinc and iron, and really small lead weights. Once in a while I'll find the supersized trucker weights and I jump on those since they have such high yield and are pretty hard.

Boolit Buddy

I ended up finding five 5 gallon buckets of wheel weights that had been sitting buried under a heap of scrap metal here that I was able to trade some cast bullets for. The local recycler has 800 lbs of lead source containers that came from the hospital but I wasn't interested in spending $1 a lb for it.

Boolit Bub
    The scrapyards around here charge $1 and pay about $.20 per pound for WWs. Most tire shops won't let me have any, except one. I pay them a little more than scrap price and they're happy.

Quote Originally Posted by DW475 View Post
    I ended up finding five 5 gallon buckets of wheel weights that had been sitting buried under a heap of scrap metal here that I was able to trade some cast bullets for. The local recycler has 800 lbs of lead source containers that came from the hospital but I wasn't interested in spending $1 a lb for it.
    Those lead containers from a hospital may be isotope containers, pretty nice lead, less scrap than WW's. Search on the site or Google, I don't recall exactly what the content was but it has been popular in the swapping and selling forum when it shows up. This post has some breakdown http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post1303924
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat