Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going Glock free

Boolit Master
    Where I worked as a peace officer they went to Dept issue weapons, they would have given me a Glock. Me and many others opted for the I'll buy my own program. In fact when we formed a committee to decide what gun to go to as the Dept issue, the Glock was voted dead last. The Glock was chosen because it came in as the lowest bid.

Boolit Master
    i couldn't get past the tupperware part.

Boolit Buddy
    CZ makes a nice Hi Power clone!
    Others clone the CZ75, but the CZ75 is no clone of anything. Very different than the High Power.
    One downside to the 75 is the very short throat limiting cartridge lengths with bullets like the XTP or other cone shape bullets. Solid guns though, very accurate.
    I got along OK with the Glock 19, but the CZ is more fun to shoot.

Boolit Master
    I have both the CZ75B and a Glock 19 and enjoy both guns for a different reason. The CZ is a great range gun and is accurate with 147 gr. cast bullets as well as most other 9MM's I put through it but it's a heavy gun to carry all day if you have a CHL and of course it's a double action (which some prefer but are not for me in a carry gun) On the other hand the Glock19 being a striker fired gun with the same consistant trigger pull for each shot and weighing much less than the CZ works better as a carry gun for me. Both are great guns and I enjoy shoot both but for different purposes. Once I got the grip angle worked out on the Glock I'm able to shoot defensive drills with it faster than with any other handgun I own including my 1911's

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Others clone the CZ75, but the CZ75 is no clone of anything. Very different than the High Power.
    One downside to the 75 is the very short throat limiting cartridge lengths with bullets like the XTP or other cone shape bullets. Solid guns though, very accurate.
    I got along OK with the Glock 19, but the CZ is more fun to shoot.
    in the beginning, when the Red Hordes still had a wall up and I was in Germany saving the free world and drinking some awesome beer, CZs had this Hi Power Clone and manufactured some wonderful weapons. I remember shooting one that was snuck over from a NATO/SALTY Nations exercise. Wonderful, knew I had to have one.

Got shipped out for Shield/Storm and missed out on the influx of the, when the wall fell. But I remember the style and of the pistol. Even got to shoot it next to a NATO issued Hi Power. Would exchange magazines!

CZ has modified the 75 series, but it's still a Hi Power. And it's the best shooting one out of the box!

Lefty
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master
    Lefty, I believe that you are thinking of the Hungarian Hi Power clone made by FEG.
    CZ never made a hi power clone. a CZ 75 is a very different design, different mag, rails in the inside of the frame,
    DA/SA and can be cocked and locked.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    That is what counts!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by edp2k View Post
    Lefty, I believe that you are thinking of the Hungarian Hi Power clone made by FEG.
    CZ never made a hi power clone. a CZ 75 is a very different design, different mag, rails in the inside of the frame,
    DA/SA and can be cocked and locked.

I know now the clone you are talking about. But the 75 was heavily influenced, at the least, by the Hi Power. And Com Bloc examples showed they were exact copies. Now the 75 has evolved over the years, like all good weapons. It's not the same as it was back in the day.
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Common sense has prevailed again another glock bites dust.
    Get a 1911

Boolit Grand Master
    There is no "right" choice. Whatever YOU like, shoot well, and have confidence in is what you should shoot.

I stopped carrying 1911's because the triggers were too good and I feared an AD under stress. The Glock takes getting used to but it (mine anyway) will put every bullet into the ocular cavity at 7 yards with a two handed hold. That is as good as I need. I like the high capacity mags as well

i trained with a guy who does diplomatic protection. He carries a G22.

I also like being able to put a 9mm barrel in my .40 and shoot two calibers.

Boolit Buddy Low Budget Shooter's Avatar
    I had the same experience. According to paper specs and reputation, I should have loved the Glock 19 I got years ago. But I hated the feel of it and couldn't shoot well with it. I sold it off and never looked back.
    I'm not sure where all the money is that I've "saved" by casting and reloading!

Bought a CZ-75B years ago and took it to an informal match at a private range. I was ridiculed for the CZ as the other shooters all had Glocks. I won that match and earned the grudging respect of the other shooters. Bought and sold many pistols in the ensuing years but the CZ stayed. Finally decided I "needed" a Glock 19 with the NIBX slide. Loved the look, shot it very well but hated the grip. Just never could warm up to it. Just didn't feel "right" like the CZ. Traded it for a G23 and then ANOTHER G19. Still have the CZ...

Boolit Buddy
    I will not judge you based on the mfg of the gun you choose (nor the caliber), nor the politician you choose to vote for. Amen.

Boolit Buddy

my g27 is the only glock I have ever owned. Like has been said I had to learn to shoot it well/ I like it for summer as it is easy to conceal. 1911 anytime but summer. Im thankfull we have choices.

Boolit Master
    Although the original CZ 75 uses a Browning-type short-recoil barrel/slide lock system it is definitely not a High Power clone.
    The original CZ 75 is pictured in LAH's post #33, and displays the unique (at that time) reversed slide rails. The pistol "evolved" into the CZ 75B when a firing pin block was added, other than that it remained basically the same.
    It is understandable that the High Power and the CZ 75 share a similar appearance, and might be confused with each other based on that.

The Czechs have a long history of making high-qualty firearms and developing unique designs. The CZ 75 was one of those, and simply added to that history.
    It is not, and never has been, a "Clone" of any previously existing design.

My CZ is a PreB & was a bring back & not an import. All the imports had the importer name on the slide if memory serves. Mine is bare.

Boolit Master
    The B model sports the squared off trigger guard, lengthened frame rails, and skeletal hammer also.
    The CZ 75, and it's variants, are one of (if not THE) best pistols made in it's class, in my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12