Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: HELP! Big box of parts semi and pistol need ID

Boolit Buddy

HELP! Big box of parts semi and pistol need ID

Hey there lead heads.

Friend's father passed and these were back in the gun room.
    My friend would like to sell them to use the money for other projects. I relize that these are parts but serialed on the frame so they need to ship to a FFL but I have no clue on value or even what some of them are.

So here a a pile of pix to hopefully help identify and get a ball park value on these so he can sell them for a fair/decent price to the people that either need the parts or want to restore these.

P38 with matching numbers both frame and slide no pitting but what is in the pix is it. also the gun is BROKE as in the slide will not move. it may or may not be missin more then the grips. I don't know much about lugers one side has proofs on the slide.

Next up is a H&R top break pistol. I think someone bobbed the hammer acme style as its not cut straight.
    No idea what Cal but I'm guessing 32 of some sort. there is no timing in the wheel and at some point the wheel will spin both left and right.
    other then the timing and the hammer gun is complete.

Next up is a small pocket mauser pistol again this thing is broke surface rust only the chamber indicator is stuck on loaded ( protruding) but the gun is empty as the slide does move but the gun does not fire.

Rifle bolt mauser??? springfield??? I don't know.

And the coolest of the bunch with buck rogers features/looks ( Webley maybe??)
    Safty works but the cylinder/wheel has no timing nor will it come out of the gun when the center pin is removed. cock it it fires then refuses to index and will spin freely right or left.
    So it's broke. Only marking are on the top of the barrel "T17" no serial No. or anything else lion on the grip
    I want it for a shadow box wall hanger if it isn't worth 1 MILLION DOLLARS ( in my best Dr. Evil voice)

So any help would be great As I said he wants these to go to people that need the parts or will restore them and he can use the loot on other projects.
    Once this is figured out I'll list them for sale for him here under the sales forum and put you in touch with him to finalize the deal on where to ship price and all that.

Had to delete on pic of the bolt due to the 10 image law so if ya'll need it I'll add it in another post.
    Thanks
    Rich

Boolit Master
    The bolt looks like it's for a Springfield 03 or 03-A3. The ones I see go for $30-50 or so.

I'd send the whole box to Numrich Arms or Gunparts.

I don't know much on the prices but I would be interested in buying the p38.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodogsandman View Post
    I'd send the whole box to Numrich Arms or Gunparts.
    They'd give you scrap metal price for it. The P-38 might be worth a couple hundred bucks, depending on what's wrong with it and what might be missing, other than the grips. The others - not so much. I think I'd offer the P-38 up as a "gunsmith special," and ask $250-300 for it. Specify that it is sold strictly as-is, no returns and no refunds.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Buddy
    Yup numrich isn't even worth the postage been there done that then they sell it for as close to top dollar as possible sometimes more then it's worth.
    And they are in NY These pieces are in PA. So getting anything back from them if you don't like the price is the same process as buying a gun so your then out even more money on postage and FFL fees. I'n other words they know this and use it to their advantage to scalp ya.

I'm hoping some of this stuff when identified can go C&R to save the buyer and the seller a hassle on the shipping.
    I've had no luck on the last revolver ID what so ever.

Rich

Rich

Looks to me that it is all C&R

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    I repaired a P38 for my brother with the same problem you described. The pistol has two slide return springs in stead of one and they have very small guide rods. His pistol was made in WWII and the guide rods were made of some sort of plastic. One of them was chewed up and caused the slide to bind. I turned two new ones on the lathe and the pistol works fine. Your pistol has all matching numbers and it is worth much more than you might think. The complete Springfield bolt is worth a lot to someone who needs it. The rest of the stuff is in the category of, who knows. The auto pistols may be an easy fix. Revolvers can be b----h. Sell the items on this site rather than a gun shop. You will fair much better. Good luck.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Buddy
    Well this site says it's a 3rd gen and rare with only 1300 made.
    http://www.p38guns.com/Walther.htm
    That's going by the serial # in the pix.
    As far as the guide rods I could turn those out since I have a T42 Atlas lathe. But we aren't looking to restore or fix it. Like I said he wants the money for other projects.
    Thanks for the insight on that it adds to it knowing what a potential problem is.
    Sad part is I didn't check yesterday in the box to see if the serialed matching mag was there.
    It did have mags in the pieces box 3 m1 carbine mags that appeared to be new minus wrap. the 15 rounders I'm gonna buy those though for my carbine.

They already is keeping all the stuff they want as her dad was a collector and worked in the FFL side of things back in the 50's and 60's in a LGS and was a C&R holder.

A few of the pieces are mind blowing original stuff that is near NIB.

Rich
    Last edited by root; 03-13-2016 at 05:48 PM.

Boolit Master
    root, to remove the slide of my brother's pistol I had to tap the slide with a leather mallet. It took very little force. I never saw a German military side arm serial# with more than four digits. I think they made a run up to 9999 and started again. If this pistol were a Luger, this thread would already be at least fifteen pages long with guys who wanted to buy it. Walther P38s just never got that popular although they are going up in price all the time. That applies to WWII only. Commercial models not so much.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    The top one resembles a lahti

Boolit Master
    could be a Glasenti? spelled wrong, but I think it was Italian.

Interesting old revolver. It bears an appearance and some features like the Montenegrin revolvers of the WW I era, but I've never seen one with a bell at the muzzle. It was very likely made in Belgium, perhaps by Manufacture Liegeoise d'Armes a Feu or J.B Ronge Fils. It might be made to work again, but you'll have great difficulty in rounding up any ammo. Your idea of a wall display is a good one.