MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: The Bubba Zone ...

Boolit Man

The Bubba Zone ...

Deleted
    Last edited by Phineas Bluster; 01-29-2020 at 03:18 PM.

In Remembrance

There should be a law that states you have to have a written note from your Mother regarding your sanity before you can purchase drill bits! Could have been real interesting looking barrel if they were shooting HV pistol ammo instead of .22`s.Robert

Boolit Master
    . weather east or west . There seems To be a BUBBA in every loacation. In the Gumsmith Circle the Term Bubbasized. is an daily occurrence .
    Bubba Basement Gun Shop @ its Best.
    They also Do good Custom Stock work
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Ohhhhh.....this brings back really bad memories. A guy brought a Savage .222 into my shop once that he had stuck a bullet in the barrel. He was out in the woods at a campsite and didn't have a cleaning rod so he decided to pound chainsaw files down the barrel, one on top of the other. He put them in tail to tail and the tails bypassed each other and jammed solid. Of course he continued to pound in another one in an attempt to dislodge the first two and just jammed them tighter until the entire length of the barrel was filled with chainsaw files. Then he brought it in to me to rebarrel. I cut windows in the barrel with an end mill, which was destroyed for further use by the hardness of the files, and put it on display with other bubba-ized items of interest where it remained until I retired. Then I gave it and some of the other items to a Hunter Ed instructor to show his little bubba students what not to do. As far as I know it continues to serve that useful purpose, but I wish I would have taken a couple of photos.

Boolit Master
    Reminds me of the Royal Saudi Land Forces, trying to clean their G3 rifles with 'improvised' pull-throughs made from safety wire, with 25mm patches on the end. The patch was too large (duh!) and jammed in the bore, and then the wire snapped off in the bore... Solution? An aircraft-length drill bit, in a 1/2" electric drill!!! I left about that time.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.