WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2400?

Boolit Master

No joy here in the Puget Sound area and I even have a friend in the gun business. I was just at Cabella's last week and it was a no go there too. I'm heading down to Centralia for the gun show in a bit, so perhaps I'll stumble into some there. While most my calibres do well with similar powders, it's always nice to have a mix of powders to choose from in the magazine.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Master
    I check a couple LGS's and Cabela's around here every couple weeks and haven't seen any 2400 or Bullseye in at least a year.

Boolit Master

This powder issue is to the point that i just purchase 8 lbs when I need powder in lots of 48 lbs. I'm tired of race tracking around looking for powders locally to try etc. If it's not available in 8s, i buy at least 5 lbs in singles so I'm not in the same situation in a week to a month looking again for powder. Primers have always been 5k per type and at least 20k shipped. Time to build another magazine.

Boolit Master

Had some luck at the Centralia gun show on Saturday.

The big score for me was several pounds of HP 38 (ran out of it and 231 earlier this year) at just $20.00 a pound. Hmm... $20.00 a pound... in my mind that's still expensive, but in reality given the current market I guess it was a pretty good deal. Now it's on to the 45 ACP loading project that's been on hold until 231 or HP 38 showed up again.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Didnt know that folks still go to the Centralia show, or the Lacey one too.

I stopped going two years ago
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Boolit Buddy
    I planned to stock up while on a road trip in Jan-Feb. Came home with only 2# of HP-38 and 4 boxes of small pistol primers.

The clerk in the Phoenix Sportsmans Warehouse laughed in my face when I asked for Unique and 2400.

I didn't stop in every gun store, however. People around the big cities drive like crazed vicious rats.

Shoot-n-lead, I second that. I was in the BPS last week and picked up a pound of 2400. They had more left and I figured i'd leave the rest for the next guy.
    Nathan

Casting and reloading novice

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    Anybody know what's going on? Other powders are available, including Alliant products, but 2400 is nowhere to be found.
    I don't have any trouble getting 2400. I know where there is some on the shelf in a store right now. He may even have an 8 pounder or 2.

Bottom line is if the person at your local store does not try very hard as in very often to order it. They will simply miss out when it's available and the guy I buy from will get it.

Motor

Boolit Buddy
    *Nobody* is going to note a belly laugh at the Alliant tech's response??

"It's been hard to come by, but i've seen it on my local shelves. We're doing everything we can. By the way, it's been hard to come by but I've seen it on my local shelves."

Well, at least we know those guys are working hard... replying to emails on their beer time and all

I have been finding Bullseye locally in good quantity as well as Titegroup. Lots of shotgun powders as well that can be used for handgun. Sadly, no 2400 or Unique.

Boolit Master
    Yesterday Scheels had 8 pounders of 2400 for 139.00

Damn! I wish I was wherever scheels is! Lol
    "Remember the Range Day and keep it Holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim!"

NRA Benefactor Member

Anchorage, Alaska

I've seen it at Bass Pro in San Antonio. It seems to be very popular, and goes quickly. I like it for many loads.

A friend went to the city today and found four pounds of 2400, on sale! He bought them for me. Now I'm back in business.

Boolit Master

Picked up a lb last week. Think I paid $24. I use it in 30-06 deer/target loads. The magnum revolvers get fed with Herco.

Boolit Master

Have not seen any in 3 years. Just like the stories of the Yeti, Big Foot, et.al, when I ask for2400 at one of the shops, they say "If you'd have been here between the hours of 1:32 and 1:33 a month ago you, could have bought the only one we had in the last year".
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

I know this thread is about 2400 but since I have 24lbs of it and dont need more... I went to a gun show this last weekend and saw an 8# tub of Green Dot powder and I wanted it. I walked up with my son in law and had to ask him what the price was (didnt have my glasses with me) he said $350.00 I literally laughed in the guys face when he asked if I wanted to buy it.

Boolit Master

Usually I hate posts that offer nothing to contribute but guess I'm reminiscing and gloating. I still have 6-7 pounds of Hercules 2400 in 4 pound containers. I love the powder.

DAVID
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    Midsouth Shooters Supply just got in a boatload of Alliant 2400, Bullseye, Unique, Red Dot, Green Dot, Blue Dot.

Boolit Master
    Is WW231 really dead? Have not seen any in the Great Mitten for three years.
    Leadmelter
    MI

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast