RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: master caster on it's way!

Boolit Bub

master caster on it's way!

I got a call today from Magma with just a couple more questions of what I wanted. He said they were heating it up to make sure everything was working correctly and might get it packed up and sent off today. Ordered my mold from Accurate a little bit ago so it's in the process too. Got the casters for the cabinet I'm gonna put it on and now need to start building the cabinet for it. Getting closer.

Scott

Boolit Master

pictures when you're done or it doesn't exist

good luck with the set up
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Buddy

What quantities can one of these produce realistically?

Boolit Buddy
    you will love it.if you shoot alot of cast bullets it is the only way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Walla2 View Post
    What quantities can one of these produce realistically?
    Anywhere between 480 and 720 bullets per hour depending on bullet caliber and weight.

Boolit Master
    There is a lot of info on automating the Master Caster. After automation my Master Caster will make 800 bullets per hour with bullets less than 200 grains.
    I operated the Master Caster by hand for a few years and still made a lot of guilty bullets but after automation the number per hour increased.

After installing a clean mold warm the mold with a propane torch before operation to get quality bullets at the beginning of a casting session.

Banned

aluminum molds are gonna get torn to pieces on a master caster.

I turned my master caster into a hand casting pot and using 4 cavity molds that drastically increased the production rate.

their greatest feature is that even a mentally handicapped person can operate one [both of my handicapped kids run the second one frequently] but they get bored with it quickly.

Boolit Master
    They are great machines, not as fast a a set of 6 bangers from lee, but far less taxing on your body. It also depends on the ambient temperature, colder weather you can do more as the mold cools off faster than when it's hot. I'd still think about the 600/hour mark is close on the money. I cast about 24,000 with mine before automating it.

Mine works on 5-6 second cycle times. You need to tweak it as it gets to temperature to see if it's too slow or fast. As always, when it comes time to shut it down, it runs flawlessly as if to say please don't shut me down....

Boolit Bub
    it's gonna be here on Wednesday. As i was in the shop today I was thinking about the stand to put it on. I will be standing using it and it seems to me that comfortable height will be with the handle at top would be a few inches below shoulder height. I'm looking at 55-56 inches off the floor. This seems like it will be comfortable and I wont have to bend over either to see the lead stream or work the handle. What height are you guys using for yours?

Scott

Boolit Master
    When i was using it manually, it was on a bench about 7-800mm tall, a comfortable height for me to sit down at. As you want to stand, you will have to be the judge of what is comfortable for you.

Banned

I mounted mine on a work bench and sit down.
    I cut a hole in the top and let the boolits and sprues fall into the drawer underneath.

Boolit Bub
    You will not be disappointed with that machine. On top of that Magma is a great company to deal with. Whenever I had a tech problem/question they would always help me out.

Boolit Bub
    It will be here tomorrow between noon and 4:30!

Boolit Master
    Will there be an unveiling? Pictures as it's released from it's packaging?

Boolit Master
    Christmas in March! Been using one for several years and really like it. I also splurged and bought the steel mount so you can remove the pot and bolt it to the steel mount and use your other molds like my 8 and 10 cavity Hensley and Gibbs molds. As you will be using basically just your right arm to operate the machine, to give my left arm something to do (No not that!) I keep a pad of paper and use it to keep track of the number of pours to give an idea how many bullets I am producing.

Boolit Bub
    I can document the whole thing if you'd like.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty bullseye shooter View Post
    I can document the whole thing if you'd like.

Yes please!

Congrats on the purchase and I look forward to seeing how it works out for you.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

μολων λαβε

Boolit Buddy
    When you measure, you might want to be standing on an anti-fatigue mat. You'll need to have the sprue cutter at eyeball height so you're not constantly bending your back to see what's going on. I made a wooden riser/mount for mine but it seemed too flimsy. I've got some square tube identified to cut and weld for a permanent base but haven't found the time to do much with it. Haven't even plugged it in yet. Congrats on yours! I'm happy for you.

Boolit Bub
    So here is proof that the Master Caster exists!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1273_zpslzimac5w.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	164335

This is the stand under construction

And this is the finished standClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1290_zpssg5jtfwa.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	164336

Boolit Master
    Looks awesome!

Now you have no excuse but to get into casting projectiles They are so easy to use, you don't get fatigued like you do with hand molds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast