Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunshow find!

Boolit Buddy

Gunshow find!

I found these at a local small town gunshow. The guy said the Unique had been opened but didn't think the Red Dot had been. I mainly wanted them for the cans so asked him what he wanted, and told him I'd take them off his hands. The Unique can says 4lbs and the Red Dot says 3lbs. I finally got around to weighing the powder yesterday and they BOTH have 3lbs in them, so I'm pretty excited. Not too bad for $45 for the pair!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

In Remembrance

Excellent find! You must have hit his table at the right time.Robert

Boolit Grand Master

You did good!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

6 lbs. of powder for $45.00? Now that is one great deal there. And you got the cans to keep for your collection. Good on you.
    Enewetak Atomic Clean Up Veteran 1979

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks guys. Yeah I'm excited about the find, he was just putting them out on his table when I walked in. Now I just need to find some good loads with the Red Dot, I've never used it before, but have read great thing about it.

Boolit Master
    I went to a show this weekend. Went to look for loading equipment butthe only stuff I found was a rockchucker and turret adapter. Left both sitting as I have two already. One guy had a lot of powder in a lot of different flavors. Price was decent, but have what I need for now. Told me $24 for unique, and he had several pounds. That is the first unique I've seen in a couple of years. He must have had at least 30 different kinds.

Red Dot is good for a great many things. Pretty versatile.

It is one of the best for case forming, if you have any of that to do.

I have used quantities of both in pistol and CB loads for rifle. Red Dot is my powder of choice for 38 SPL Wadcutter loads. Unique is useful in .357 mag and my 7.62 Tokarev. I have also used Unique for high velocity loads in my 7.62 Nagant revolver. It was the only pistol I had that would reliably hit a sheet of notebook paper at 100 yards.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    How much do those cans hold when new? Just curious.

Boolit Buddy
    Unique is one of my favorite powders, I've burn many lbs of it in 38/357, 45 AR and 45 colt. Just starting to use it in 32 H&R mag, and really liking it so far. I'm working on a load with the Red Dot today for my 45acp, no just need some time at the range.

Dualsport - The Unique has 'Net 4 lbs' on it and the Red Dot "Net 3 lbs", so I'm guessing the guy was right about the Red Dot being unopened.

In Remembrance

You just need to say what you want to use Red Dot in and we`ll offer load advice.Robert

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you, I appreciate that. I'm thinking I'm going to start with 45acp/45 Auto Rim and 45 Schofield. Maybe use it only for those, and save the Unique for others.

Other handgun rounds I load for are, 32S&W long, 32 H&R Mag, 327Fed, 38spl, 357mag, 44spl, 45 Colt and just started 9mm and 38 Super.

Boolit Buddy

Dang Wheelgun that is a grocery list of calibers that you load for! That Unique is an excellent performer in 44spl, and the Red Dot will serve you well in 45acp. Awesome find and a great price.

I shot up a couple of pounds of red dot in 9mm when it was the only thing that I could find. Works well and really low wt needed.

Boolit Grand Master

You suck but in a good way! Great find. I use red dot in about every pistol target round I load up. Unique is..well, you know how good that is
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Saweeeet!

""Other handgun rounds I load for are, 32S&W long, 32 H&R Mag, 327Fed, 38spl, 357mag, 44spl, 45 Colt and just started 9mm and 38 Super.""

red dot @ 4 grains for all them LOl not really but should work for all at right load

Boolit Master
    You got a bargain for sure. I am no sure why but I have not used much Unique, maybe 50 or 100 rounds total in 30 years. But I have burned a lot of Red Dot in just about everything. My go to powder.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

I load 148 gr hbwc for 38 special with red dot, I was gifted an old keg ( unopened 23 lb'er ) marked as Hercules 10 years ago on my wedding weekend. I am just about betting it will outlast me @ 2.4 gr per charge!

Boolit Grand Master
    Powder still good??
    There was a metal 4 lb Unique can at the local shop for $20. I bought a pound of powder instead for $23

SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin