Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pellet carrier?

Boolit Man

Pellet carrier?

When you take your airgun in the field, what do you use to carry pellets conveniently. Carrying the screw lid can be quite inconvenient. Carrying in a pocket doesn't work well because my hands don't work really well to retrieve the pellet. Carrying in a small pouch might be OK but I was just wondering if someone has come up with a better idea.

In Remembrance

Try the crossman pellet pen. Speed loader that holds I think 20 pellets.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Master

I don't carry my 177 afield, but have it parked by the back door, along with a pair of 'shooting' glasses' and a couple of those pellet pens. These pellet magazines can be carried like a pocket pen and have solved my backyard basic combat load carrying problems.

I mostly carry my Sheridan Blue streak, those pellets used to come in a yellow plastic box with a small single pellet flip open door. Flip it open, shake out a pellet or 3 and close it.

Boolit Man
    Thanks for the info guys. Your the best.

I just remembered I have also used empty tictac containers in the past.

Boolit Buddy
    Get you a piece of 1" x 1/2" thick armaflex. Cut it the width between the turret and ring. Now wrap it around a 1" broom handle. Next straighten out one section of a paper clip. Get a candle and light it. Heat the wire and melt holes in the armaflex in rows. The hole will be smaller than the pellet. Leave about 3/8" on each end, this is where you duct tape it around the scope. The first time you put pellets in it it will be snug. After the initial loading it will be easier to insert the pellets into the almaflex. And there you have a super duper cheap pellet holder. It will hold about forty pellets at your finger tips easy to get to.

Boolit Mold
    I like the Wilkins leather pellet pouch if you don't mind paying for a really nicely made, quality product. More secure than most. If no one has mentioned it already the little Crossman black nylon belt pouches are really handy as well as inexpensive. Good for carrying an extra cylinder for your cap and ball revolver too.

I always liked the crossman plastic containers with the two clips that slipped over your belt, I still have some I saved for years, just reuse them.

Boolit Master

A pill bottle with a hole drilled in the top. One has to experiment with proper hole size. They will come out in your pocket if the bottle tips over unless you drill the hole in the center and never fill it up past the half way point.

Systane Eye Drop bottle can be modified to dispense pellets also and it has a screw on lid!

Makes a difference depending how much one plans to shoot.
    Last edited by TCLouis; 05-06-2016 at 01:30 AM. Reason: added info
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master
    i use a small snuff tin (I take it) or a small 30oz pet bottle that is sold here with anti-sleep "energetics". They are long enough to make reach ok and mouth is the same as regular pop bottles

Boolit Master
    Have used makeshift setups over many years; finally tried the Pellet Pen and the Crosman Ammo Pouch, very happy with the latter one so I use it exclusively now:
    http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Crosma...0_Pellets/1956

In fact, was just using it last night to hunt pine cones out in the Ponderosa forest.

Vendor Sponsor

The fastest way I have seen so far is with a rectangular section of that foam pipe insulation mounted on the side of the stock with dbl stick carpet tape, holes are punched in the insulation just big enough to snugly hold pellets. They are easily retrieved one at a time and loaded quickly.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Sorry meant 3.0oz bottle. You can also buy some EVA foam lengths (about .20" thick) and cut holes with a spent .22 case and attach it to your gun stock with Velcro... If using a .177 you could try a .17hmr case maybe...

Boolit Buddy
    I've tried just about everything and found the Wilkins around my neck the best by far.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, it's a bit extreme. But it's just a Crosman.

...And it is annoying as heck to me that I can pick up my 308 bolt and have 6 rds in the gun. My semi auto 223 can have 40 rds.

And my darn pellet gun, for which I could probably fit a dozen "rounds" in one nostril, carries zero. Well, it will take the one in the barrel, but I can't even cock it until I'm ready to shoot it, lol.

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/v...psaan6q3nj.jpg
    http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/v...psnwxsfnee.jpg
    http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/v...pszo2dwzho.jpg

Boolit Buddy
    Cut a round piece of thick harness type leather. Use a leather punch to punch a row of holes all around the circle so the holes are close to the edge. After you punch the holes you can cut thru them to the edge. You can use any shape you like.

Quote Originally Posted by aspangler View Post
    Try the crossman pellet pen. Speed loader that holds I think 20 pellets.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Here's the link to Pyramyd Airs page on Pellet Carriers or "Pellet Pens." They work great.

http://www.pyramydair.com/search-res...;NB:1&saSearch

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Double stick tape on a punched foam rubber strip... don't leave home without it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast