Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: horseradish

Boolit Master
    Plant it over a flat rock or a piece of slate 6 or 8 inches below the surface to make the root grow sideways instead of down. Makes pulling it easier

Boolit Master

Here in the US if you dine out and ask for hot sauce you'll likely get something made with hot peppers.
    In Europe if you ask for hot sauce you can expect to get something with horseradish in it.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Buddy
    I like it in my tuna salad.

Boolit Grand Master

Good advice on growing it. I only found one way to get rid of it. Plant Artissima over it. It apparantly kills everything. A black walnut would probably do the same thing!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Horseradish is all over the place here, on roadside verges and the edges of fields. Taught my son (10 yo) how to spot it last year by accident-he came of his bike and fell into a patch of nettles! I took him up the lane to find some Doc leaves to rub on the nettle stings and all we could initially find was horseradish (they look almost identical). At least now he knows what is good to rub on nettle stings and what tastes good with beef.
    I mix mine with lemon juice, sea salt,a bit of rosemary, mayonnaise and some fresh cream. Goes really well with smoked fish.

Moderator Emeritus

We usually process it in the fall. If it is too hot you can drain and regrind it. The longer it is before you add the vinegar the stronger it will be. If you put it on as a rub before cooking the flavor is still there but slightly different and the heat decreases.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

I would love to have a start of it if anyone would be willing to send me some. Not very common in Florida but I would like to give it a go as I love the stuff.

Boolit Master
    On your plate cut a piece of beef off,scoop a little Horseradish onto your Knife end and paste the Beef.Horse Radish can be Mixed with Potatoes Mashed with butter.

Boolit Bub
    man real horseradish is the best. I made a jar once just like that, grating with salt and vinegar, and now the prepared stuff in the story just doesn't work for me anymore. You could mix it with some mayo and make a great sauce

Boolit Bub
    Growing up I remember dad piling it on his pork chops, I had to try it, it burned me up, but in a good way...it was the real horseradish made by a local ole' boy, not the store bought junk that's got turnips in it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12