Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger American Ranch - Light Primer Strikes

Boolit Master
    So far so good.

Been really busy. Will ship mine out soon. I got my shipping label.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Cast Hunter

I have a RAR in 300 BLK and have had no mechanical issues with it. It is a bit finicky about which style of cast it will feed, but all J-bullets feed fine. it's a fun little gun to shoot and I'm have a blast with it.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Master
    BIL told me today that Ruger is replacing the rifle. He'll have to pay another FFl fee. Needless to say, he's not too happy about that.

Boolit Master
    Sorry to hear that it is going to cost him more money. I feel they should cover that. In some cases they do. I think he needs to make one more phone call.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Sorry to hear that it is going to cost him more money. I feel they should cover that. In some cases they do. I think he needs to make one more phone call.
    Thanks. He mentioned that he was going to call again. I suggested that he ask that they at least send him a spare magazine.

Sent my RAR in 300 BLK back on the 5th of MAY. Got an email today from Ruger saying they received the rifle and are working hard to get it back to as soon as possible. A generic email for sure. Hope to have it back soon. I'll let you guys know how it all works out.
    Waco
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

So Ruger called me today at work. I couldn't talk to the gal very long but she asked if it would be okay if they just sent me a new rifle. I only had maybe 10 rounds through that one so I said sure thing.
    It just seems odd they would send me a whole new rifle instead of just fixing the other one. Am I missing something?
    What do you guys think?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waco View Post
    So Ruger called me today at work. I couldn't talk to the gal very long but she asked if it would be okay if they just sent me a new rifle. I only had maybe 10 rounds through that one so I said sure thing.
    It just seems odd they would send me a whole new rifle instead of just fixing the other one. Am I missing something?
    What do you guys think?
    Takes longer to diagnose and repair than just grab one off the assembly line. Time is money. One of their gun smith's probly cost them 30+ dollars an hour and it probably cost them 100 bucks to build the rar.

Boolit Master
    What do you guys think?
    Ruger pulled the same thing with my BIL. It cost him another FFL fee and they sent him a rifle with an identical problem.

Quote Originally Posted by KLR View Post
    Ruger pulled the same thing with my BIL. It cost him another FFL fee and they sent him a rifle with an identical problem.
    Really?!?!? After all that the new rifle had the same problem??
    That sucks! You'd think they would check the new one to make sure it works properly.
    This has me worried. I'll let you know what I end up with.

Been waiting to hear back from Ruger as to when they will ship me my new 300BLK. The lady I spoke with on the phone said it should take one to two weeks before they ship it out. That was three weeks ago..........

Boolit Master
    Been waiting to hear back from Ruger as to when they will ship me my new 300BLK. The lady I spoke with on the phone said it should take one to two weeks before they ship it out. That was three weeks ago..........

I hope you guys get your RARs straightened out. I had a Compact in .243 that I thought would be my truck gun. It grouped fine but had indifferent feeding- got Ruger to send another mag and same problem. I don't like Glock triggers on a rifle anyway so down the road it went. A Savage Trophy Hunter in .223 had a similar mag issue so it's gone as well. My truck gun? Tikka T3 lite 22-250. The search is over!

I got my new rifle back today. Got it home. Cleaned it. Adjusted the trigger. Torqued all the screws. Mounted and bore sighted scope. I wanted to see how it feed rounds from the mag. This is a 300 BLK. They sent me a new rifle with one .308 mag.........
    Pissed doesn't begin to describe how I feel right now. Think I'm about done with Ruger. Too many better options out there.
    IDIOTS...........
    Last edited by waco; 06-10-2016 at 01:08 AM.

Boolit Master

When I was a manufacture I could send back an item when replaced with no FFL needed on the owners end. My replacement would have the same serial number. That was per ATF rules.

Guess Ruger won't make the effort. I sent back a SBH that was messed up. It took threat of action of theft when they would not repair nor ship the frame back to my shop.

It was returned FEDEX overnight the day after police report and ATF report of stolen firearm.

To me Ruger sucks. Warrantee not worth **** and how they steal others designs. Look up how much they had to pay Kel-Tec and how much royalty per item they still market.

Well, I got the proper Mag in the mail four or five days later. I took the gun out and she shoots like she is supposed to.

Now I can finally start some load development. I have a NOE 30 Hunter PB mold I'm going to try out. I loaded a few up with 10gr of IMR4227.

I also have the Lee 155 mold. I hear this one is a good one in the BLK

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    When I was a manufacture I could send back an item when replaced with no FFL needed on the owners end. My replacement would have the same serial number. That was per ATF rules.
    Recheck your ATF rules - After ATF found out that makers that did that with Damaged Machine Gun receivers they stopped that practice so no "blank" AC-556 to get stamped with a serial number to replace a blown up one. Same for Olympic Arms AR's and AAC suppressors - this was mainly a burr put under ATF's saddle by Gemtech suppressors.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy
    Ok I'm looking into one of these RAR in 300blackout. What is the state of the more recent production? Has there been an improvement or are they still junk? I just want a bolt gun in that chamberings for cast boolits. Any feedback out there?

They never were junk. Mine shoots fine with a Ranch Dog 120 grain spitzer. Thanks Lloyd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast