RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Dry lube?

Dry lube?

I was given two boxes (1,000) of these .358 160gr SWC's marked "dry lube". I was thinking of also tumble lubing them with a light coat of liquid alox or Johnson's Past Wax. Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad with this dry lube?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	161784

Hmmm looks like some old Remington type lead boolits,meh graphite or moly type lube I'd imagine,ye olde Remington ones were swaged of pretty soft stuff,they'd work OK as long as they weren't pushed too hard ,as for those in your possession ....I have no clue [shrugz]
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Quote Originally Posted by fryboy View Post
    Hmmm looks like some old Remington type lead boolits,meh graphite or moly type lube I'd imagine,ye olde Remington ones were swaged of pretty soft stuff,they'd work OK as long as they weren't pushed too hard ,as for those in your possession ....I have no clue [shrugz]
    You're right about the lead, it comes in at 8.0 BNH. Looks like I will need to stay below 10,261psi. I haven't been able to find any load data for a 160 gr with a pressure that low.

Size is more important, just run them at mid to low 38 special velocities And if they're fat enough they'll be OK
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Boolit Master
    I've used bullets with dry lube & found them very good. The lube on the bullets I had was, I think, a moly lube it was very slick & the first time I used it I thought my bbl was filled with lead. I ran a dry patch through the bbl & it all came out. Turned out it was lube & not leading.
    I like them. I did have a tendency to drop one now & then they were pretty slick. I think you'll like them.
    Last edited by Frank V; 03-08-2016 at 11:56 AM.
    U.S.A. " RIDE FOR THE BRAND OR LEAVE!"

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Shoot 'em slow.

Shoot 'em slow.
    .........and methodically, stay away from that rapid fire spray and pray stuff