Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how often do you carry?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
    The whole NTC base in Point Loma has been redeveloped into the Liberty Station complex with shops, restaurants and micro breweries. The old parade ground still exists as well as that training ship that sits in the dirt next to Harbor Island Drive "USS Recruit". The buildings have all been refurbished or rebuilt, and still keep the same architecture as the old base from the outside. I go there occasionally to visit my favorite fly fishing shop.
    Yeah, I spent some time there driving around and going in some of the shops / buildings. The funny thing though was that I don't remember any of it from back then. I'm sure it must have been there, but I don't remember any of it. I also don't remember ever seeing the "USS Recruit" when I was in boot camp. I was not able to find any building that looked like the barracks that I was in while in BE/E school, nor the school itself. It was just *strange* being there, knowing that I had been stationed there after boot camp, but not really recognizing anything.

je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If6ytoikQHo
    Looked like his holster jammed when he tried to draw from the OWB holster. Or was that some sort of retention mechanism?

OWB has retention mechanism
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    OWB has retention mechanism
    I know that some OWB have retention mechanisms, but there are various types of them and I wasn't sure what type he had on that holster. For some, it's a lever that you press with your finger, so if you try to draw without pressing it, you would get that same sort of stuck and then try again action if you forgot about it.

Boolit Grand Master

Good video, Artful.
    All I'll say is that I only carry when I have pants or shorts on. If an area is posted they don't want me there and I don't want to be there. No problem.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

I never carry. What for? I'm not paranoid.
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

Boolit Master

Almost never. I've had my CHL for decades, but just don't like the responsibility of carrying. We live in a pretty safe area, and if I'm not at home or work I'm out with the family in safe family friendly environments where I've never felt the need to carry.

Mind you, I'm not knocking any of you all who pack daily. I freely admit that you may be more correct in your thinking. There have been times in recent years where I'll read something in the news that makes me wonder if I should carry more often even though I don't like it.

A gun is like a fire extinguisher. It may sit there for decades or even a lifetime never used, but the one time you do need it, you need it right now and there is no substitute.

Boolit Buddy

75 % out 100% in house. No carry at work.
    A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...2441-Ron-in-PA

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dk17hmr View Post
    We have constitutional carry in this state which doesn't apply to me at work....being an employee of the state government that only makes sense right.

Chances are if I'm not at work I have something on me.
    I'm in the same boat with constitutional carry here in Arizona, except that I work and live on an Army installation - my job is maintaining all the weapons that we use for testing. But of course, I can't legally carry a weapon. Whenever I'm off-post, unless I have to go to the local Marine base (the same restrictions apply there), I'm normally carrying.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by LUBEDUDE View Post
    24/7 - even in the house.
    The CORRECT answer!!!!!
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1436271930979.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	162223

24/7, out walking the dogs at the park with the wife and 3 daughters...

Boolit Buddy
    Somewhere in the woods of Central Oklahoma
    It's a dead giveaway at our house knowing when I do and don't have my Glock 27 on my hip. If I'm in the shower or in bed is the only time I'm without a handgun on my person.

Boolit Master

I have multiple hidden and loaded handguns in my little tin trailer here in Vegas. When I emerge into the real world I am always armed and I usually also carry additional fully charged magazines as well for my favorite carry Browning Hi Power 9 MM. I also have another 3 charged magazines in my truck along with 3 boxes of 50 IMI Hollow Pointed 9 MM's under the front seat. On the floor in the back, under a blanket, lives a 12 Gauge SxS with a bandolier of 50 rounds of a variety of fodder for the Baker. However the chamber are empty as I do not trust the safety on this 1920's relic and a chambered round in a long gun in a vehicle is a no no here in Nevada. I also keep two boxes of 25 in the console compartment for the scattergun.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

It wasn't long ago in the Commonwealth of Pa obtaining a ccwp was difficult. Political more like it. Had to know somebody to get one. I get that warm fuzzy feeling knowing there are others around carrying as well. I carry concealed 100% of the time where legal. I open carry 100% of the time on my property inside and out.

Boolit Buddy
    Only when I'm awake.

Boolit Master

Only when I'm clothed...
    Live fast, die young, leave a cute widow...