WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: Just getting back online after a loss

Just getting back online after a loss

Went to the range for the first time this year yesterday afternoon. While loading up, I realized I need to get back to reloading (or start buying). Thinking about reloading made me remember I hadn't been visiting here, either.

I never posted a lot, but this is my favorite forum. Feels like a collection of range buddies and I always learn something in the posts.

Anyway, all that to say I lost a adult son to suicide last November. Don't feel like myself, not sure I ever will, but wanted to share.

Boolit Buddy

Very sorry for the loss of your son, I can't imagine what that is like. I will pray that this time passes as painlessly as possible for you and your family.

I too feel like this is a great community here, you always end up feeling like you are dealing with people face-to-face even though it is over the internet. Maybe this idea to get back into reloading you had isn't a random event and you were meant to get back into the sport at this time and pass on what you know to others. You never know if there is a kid right around the corner who wishes he had someone to take him shooting or teach him about guns.

Sorry for your loss brother. Welcome back.

Boolit Mold
    A parent should never have to bury a child, no matter what age. I am sorry for your loss. My little girl died Dec. 25, 1983. Still, Christmas is very hard for me. I hope you have someone to be with during this most difficult time. Prayers sent for you.
    I am still gathering materials for my very first casting session. Looking forward to the first boolit out of the mold. It will probably be a 7/8 oz slug.

Glad you're back, brother, and can't even being to understand the pain of your loss. Lots of wonderful people here....I hope you can find some solace, and if not...at least some distraction.

God Speed.

Trails.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Perma-Banned

Sorry for your loss and I cannot comprehend what you have gone through. But, I am proud that you are back on and maybe it will, in someway, help.

Boolit Master

"A joy shared is doubled, a burden shared is halved."
    I, too, can't imagine your sorrow. With regard to the quote, I only wish I had known sooner.
    Bill
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Prayers for you and your family - He's resting easier now with the lord.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Super Moderator Emeritus
    No one who has not walked in your shoes can understand the pain. we can pray for the Lord to carry you through and help you each day to move forward. if you need anything we can do please ask.

Boolit Master

You have my deepest and heartfelt sympathy. Praying for you and you family.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Cast Boolits Owner

Sorry to hear of your loss. The door will always be open for you.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Sorry for your loss, can't imagine what you're going through. Prayers coming your way.
    When you are the anvil, bear; When you are the hammer, strike - Edwin Markham

Boolit Master
    Sorry for your loss. Suicide is incomprehensible. I lost my only brother from it 11 years ago. Many phases of the healing process, acceptance, denial, wondering why, anger and many other. It took me many years just to accept it. Loved him very much and I'm still mad at him to this day and still miss him every day.
    Suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do imo. Everyone else suffers!
    My deepest condolences for your loss. It does get easier in time but cherish the time you had together.
    Again, terribly sorry for your loss.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry for your Loss.

Sudden and tragic losses of our very close loved ones is something that takes much prayer and time... and it's so very HARD at times!
    The best that we can do is to soldier on and take it a day at a time.
    It does get easier with time.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

μολων λαβε

Boolit Master

Welcome back!
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Sorry for your loss . Praying for you and your Family.