WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free COWW ingots w/tin to needy caster

Free COWW ingots w/tin to needy caster

I am putting up a SFRB, with around 12 pounds of COWW ingots (each muffin is around 2 lbs.), and the appropriate amount of 2% + tin (just like a cake mix: open and bake!). The person I am looking for will be someone who has at least 30 days and 30 posts (someone dedicated to this sport and not to Ebay), and needing some COWW alloy for casting/alloying. You don't have to be "new" to casting, but you MUST be in need of the COWW alloy, NOT HAVE ANY in house, and little chance of mining any. Your level of competence at casting is NOT a factor (neophyte or experienced).

I have to thank Joe Christensen for this "Helping Hand", as he offered me some free lead in return for a like offer I made him, neither of us needing the others' lead after discussion. A great guy! So, I've decided to offer the lead he declined to someone with the following qualifications, without cost (I pay shipping as well).

Please PM me with your "particulars", and I will choose the person as I see fit. There will be no time limit, but I will end the search at any time, based on a "winning" response, early or late.

Thanks,
    Bob

The COWW ingots are smelted properly, with attention to limiting temp and fluxing with sawdust and wax.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    I have none rite now. Been contimplating melting down the last of my 480 bullets to cast some 357s... I'll bite.

I have a decent source of WW so I am out. I do think it is very generous of you to do this for some of those that have no way to get any. Lead is getting hard to find and get.. Good luck in you search for the lucky individual.

Loren

Boolit Buddy

P.M. sent
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Joe gets the credit this time around for the idea, from his point of view. Kudos to him! We just found ourselves in an odd situation where we wanted to give away lead to each other, but we didn't need the others' lead. Wait a minute! Something doesn't sound right, does it? Don't need the lead? Joe? What were we thinking, man?

We are having high winds today and we lose I'net connection when that happens (satellite feed), so I'm trying to jump to it and add posts and answer some PMs before we do.

Thanks guys...

Boolit Master
    This is awesome. Thank you Bob!
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

This is the second thread I've read about giving away some lead. This is awesome!! I don't need any at this time but I just wanted to chime in and say Thank You.

Denny

Boolit Grand Master

Excellent! I have a bunch of COWW but I bet many don't. Good for you helping people out
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Stewardship ! I have more than I need but you are doing a good thing , thank you .

Boolit Buddy
    Good for you sir! I am confident the ingots will find a good home.

This is the third time I've given a "cake mix" of lead in a SFRB away in "Helping Hands" since I've joined, and it has been a very worthwhile endeavor each time. When Joe came up with the idea of giving his lead away if I did not want it, as a repay for my offer to send him lead, it was all I needed to do this again. I still say he started it. Just kidding with you Joe.

To all congratulating Joe and myself, I would like to say thank you for the support. However, I don't like the competitive climate in our sport for supplies these days, and this kind of affair kind of cleans the palate, so to speak.

A few years ago I started hoarding .22lrs, but then got disgusted and gave them all away to put a stop to that. It looks like I'll never shoot my 10/22 again, but my pistols are cheaper than the .22s to shoot anyway.

Thanks again to all.
    Bob

I have chosen the person to get my lead, so I guess this ends the search.

Two others have offered to match my offer in case of a tie, and I have forwarded another needy PM to one of these people, but I'll leave it to them to divulge themselves if they wish to, as I am not sure what they would want me to do in this case. However, they deserve as much credit as can be given, and I'm just not sure of the outcome of the forward. If I get a handle on this I will certainly give public credit for their participation, today if possible.

I'll be doing this again, for sure. It has been good PT...

Bob

Boolit Buddy

PM sent, Thanks Bob,what a great way to start the weekend!!!
    Package enroute USPS
    Last edited by BUCKEYE BANDIT; 02-19-2016 at 05:56 PM.
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Bob graciously sent me his lead, I am pretty lost for words other than I want to express my gratitude for his generosity on here and want to thank him and the other generous members of this board who are willing to share what they can in this hobby with like minded people, weather it be a commodity such as lead, or just years of knowlege. Thank you once again Bob. I'll share pictures on my casting on here once I get some lead fumes coming off the Ole dipper pot.

This is very cool. I guess I was disqualified because I have about 5lbs of lead on hand, but I just like seeing people being blessed and wanted to give a thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by davidheart View Post
    This is very cool. I guess I was disqualified because I have about 5lbs of lead on hand, but I just like seeing people being blessed and wanted to give a thumbs up!
    Disqualified? I never got a post or PM from you or you certainly would have been in the running. Did you send Joe a PM, as I don't see a post in his thread either?

Thanks for the kind words. It was fun...

Edit: I guess I just did not read David's post correctly. He stated 5 lbs. in house, which did disqualify him based on my requirements stated in first post. Sorry I just did not read your post with the care I should have.
    Last edited by 40-82 hiker; 02-21-2016 at 07:39 PM.

Boolit Master
    my lead got here monday! I am a happy camper! Went out to see if I could get some boolets made up and I guess my casting real estate has been taken over by squatting tools and misc over flow! I guess I still have some work to do before making boolits.

Boolit Master

This looks better!

happiness pre heating!

Got to try out my new used Noe 360-180 tonight found out a few things... this mould likes to be run HOT! I need a production pot! and dont get sprue plate lube in your bullet cavities Im a little rusty!

Thanks again Bob! I am back in bussiness for a little while.

heres the .475s you saved from the resmelting death I guess I didnt even have as many of those as I thought!

Boolit Grand Master

That is truly gold in your pan. Congrats.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast