WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enfield on a Diet

Boolit Master
    I tried three different 150gr Sp bullets today (Hornady, Prvi, Sierra). 41gr of 3031~2500fps, 75 Yards

I only had time to shoot one group with each bullet.

All three bullets put the first two about .5" apart, but it seems to like the Sierra bullets best:

0.67" - four shots. Could be luck, but I'll take it until I get a chance to shoot more.

Boolit Master

Now it is time to find a good BOOLIT and load for it!

Long time til season comes around again and she could be spitting all lead projies.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Buddy
    Love it KLR, and I spied 2 today at the local pawnshop. One a mark 1 sportered already with a cheap tasco scope, and a mark 1 original. I think I can get them both out the door for 400, not as good a deal as you got, but not bad methinks, with the current market.
    ]Why does anyone need an assault rifle? My first need is articulated in the US v Miller 1939 decision: every citizen eligible for volunteer or conscript military service, every member of the unorganized militia, should be familiar with his nation's military service rifle, and the service rifles of potential allies and foes as well, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Boolit Master
    snoopy - Yes, I think $400 for two OTD would be a good deal. I've been watching for another and I don't think I'll ever find another as cheaply as I bought this one.

TCLouis - My season starts again soon (crop damage permits) so I'll likely just use the Sierra bullet. Maybe next winter I'll look in to a heavy cast bullet.

KLR: I've had good luck with Lyman 314299 in mine. Shot 31/40 in Short Range Silhouette one time last year with it.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Moderator Emeritus

Let me add my little 2 cents' worth here on a nicely done rifle and all due to your ingenuity and care in construction and modification. Ya' done good. REAL good, IMO! I love fine, artistic, very difficult gunsmithing, but I also admire simple ingenuity, too, and your rifle is an excellent example of the later. You can be very proud of your ministrations and ingenuity and resourcefulness. And the accuracy is a real bonus! A man can't be much happier when a plan comes together!

Boolit Master
    Randy - Given my hunting needs, I'll likely look into a bullet with a large meplat.

Blackwater - Thanks for the kind remarks. I'm very please with how it turned out.

Boolit Bub
    Nice! That looks super handy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12