Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bushnell Warranty

Boolit Master

New Bushnell Warranty

I found a used TRS25 Red dot at a decent price and was checking on the Bushnell warranty.

http://bushnell.com/yesthatscovered

Apparently this started January 1, 2016.

Anything other than lost or stolen is covered. No receipt and transferable.

That is impressive.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Grand Master

Wow! That is amazing, in a great way.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master

That's pretty strong. I think you'll like that TRS-25.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

I will only believe it when people actually get something repaired. Their standard statement is "there is mold in it, not warranty. This has happened to me 5 out of 6 times when I sent in "waterproof" optics in for repair. As far as I am concerned there will not be another Bushnell product in my house.

Boolit Master
    The No Questions Asked Lifetime Warranty covers the following Riflescope, Binocular and Spotting Scope product families:

• Trophy®
    • Trophy® Xtreme
    • Legend®
    • Elite®
    • Elite® Tactical

• Fully transferable, covers accidental damage as well as defects in materials & workmanship.
    • No receipt or warranty card is required.
    • We will repair or replace product with equal or similar value and/or specifications.
    • We will return product to you at no charge.

Nothing on there about the red dot sights they make. Electonic sights aren't covered by that warranty. Go back and read the link you posted. I read it and it is quite explicit about what is covered and the red dots aren't on there.

Boolit Master

You are correct. In the warranty area electronic components are excluded.

Still a good scope warranty.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 762 shooter View Post
    You are correct. In the warranty area electronic components are excluded.

Still a good scope warranty.

It's a great scope warranty and Bushnell is hands down the best for customer satisfaction. Three years ago I purchased an Elite 6500 scope to put on a new varmit rifle. It was a mil dot 2.5-16x50 and I paid somewhere around seven hundred dollars for it from an outfit in California. I soon found out that I had early stage cataracts and couldn't see the dots in any target in the shade. Not the scopes fault, it was my eyes. I realized I needed cross hair reticles in order to see them. I called Bushnell and they said to send it back to them and they'd return all my money including shipping when I bought it. Unreal! In a couple of weeks I got a check in the mail from them for my purchase price including shipping. I didn't even buy it from them, I bought it on line. Can any scope company match that level of satisfaction? Most of my scopes are Leupolds and they have a fantastic warranty...no complaints at all about them. However, I've never heard of anyone getting a full refund with no questions asked (Bushnell's lifetime warranty). I hear a lot of stuff said about Bushnell and most of it's from people who don't realize that this company sells products of all levels. They sell great scopes and some pretty basic intro scopes....what people can afford. Here you get what you pay for. Their good stuff is really good and their service and customer satisfaction are A+.

Quote Originally Posted by NSB View Post
    The No Questions Asked Lifetime Warranty covers the following Riflescope, Binocular and Spotting Scope product families:

• Trophy®
    • Trophy® Xtreme
    • Legend®
    • Elite®
    • Elite® Tactical

• Fully transferable, covers accidental damage as well as defects in materials & workmanship.
    • No receipt or warranty card is required.
    • We will repair or replace product with equal or similar value and/or specifications.
    • We will return product to you at no charge.

Nothing on there about the red dot sights they make. Electonic sights aren't covered by that warranty. Go back and read the link you posted. I read it and it is quite explicit about what is covered and the red dots aren't on there.
    After a closer read, it appears as though it will only apply to "newer" products IE: 3500 , 4500, 6500 series scopes. Those of us with 3200 , 4200 Elites are out of luck!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blaser.306 View Post
    After a closer read, it appears as though it will only apply to "newer" products IE: 3500 , 4500, 6500 series scopes. Those of us with 3200 , 4200 Elites are out of luck!
    The 3200 and 4200 were Elite series scopes and are lifetime guarnateed. I own several and know that from when I bought them...not that long ago. Bushnell called this their "Bullet Proof Lifetime Warranty".
    Last edited by NSB; 02-16-2016 at 10:51 PM.

I will look into it, their website has a page that only states the "new series" and makes no mention of the 3200, 4200 or 6200 scopes at all. I will report back with my findings.

Boolit Master

This seems to describe families of models that are covered, not models.

http://bushnell.com/Bushnell/media/F...rantySheet.pdf

Boolit Master
    If you want to know fast, just google Elite 3200 and Elite 4200. I've got the scopes and the warranties in the scope boxes. Everyone keeps posting the "NEW" Bushnell warranty and lists what's covered. The Elite 3200 and 4200 aren't "new". Also, I have a couple of Trophy XLT scopes that are covered by a lifetime warranty but I'm not sure they're covered by the "Bulletproof" warranty (take it back the first year thing with a refund). Some places are still selling the Elite 3200 new. I believe Natchez is still selling them. I bought a couple of the Elite 3200 Bone Collector models for use on muzzle loaders and some 45-70s...had stadia lines for the trajectories of those calibers. They're covered by the lifetime warranty and Natchez is still selling them. Great scopes, five inches of eye relief for the big kickers.

Boolit Buddy
    I have had a shop for a lot of years and my experience is this.. Bushnell /Tasco do not manufacture anything. They own patents/designs and they get them produced where-ever they can get them manufactured at the best price and to meet their specifications of course. A lifetime guarentee is of some value but what I see happening is that an older scope that is no longer in production by the "jobbed-out" manufacturer will be replaced under warranty. It is no longer in production and Bushnell has run out of spare parts. So what you get is your original good quality scope that was made in Japan is replaced by a scope made at the wing-wang-wong factory in China. The replacement quality is not the same but at least you may be able to dump it and put the money towards a scope brand that is actually producing their own product with their own personnel.

Boolit Master
    Bushnell purchased Bausch & Lomb back in the 80s and their Elite line of scopes are still manufactured in the factory in Japan that produced the B&L scopes back then. They do have some scopes manufactured to their specifications in other countries, most notably in the Phillipenes where the quality rivals the Japanese quality scopes. They buy and rebrand scopes made in China and these low end scopes go on a lot of promo rifle packages sold in big box stores. They are of lower quality, but when you can buy them for as low as twenty-some-odd bucks you get what you pay for. Posting info on the internet as though you have some type of insider knowledge isn't reliable as a source of info. Even my info should be checked out for accuracy (it's easy to check out, I already did that before I posted....you can too). It's very unrealistic to think you're going to get top shelf quality simply because the name is on the product. If Bushnell sells scopes for under a hundred bucks and scopes for a thousand bucks, who really thinks the quality is the same? Common sense will tell you it can't be. This isn't deceptive on Bushnell's part. They don't tell you that those two products are equal. As far as providing you a replacement sometime in the future with a different product? Even the auto companies (all manufacturing companies) are only required to produce OEM replacement parts for ten years. After that you get parts made in Mexico, China, and everywhere else. You're pretty safe buying a better Elite scope and getting a great warranty and great service. If you buy a Bushnell promo scope on a package gun at a big box, you're not going to get a lifetime warranty.

Boolit Master
    The Bushnell Elites are good scopes.
    I usually buy Leupold ,because they are the best scope I can afford and they have fantastic customer service.
    I have one of the Bushnell Elite scopes.
    I also like some of the Burris scopes.(The ones made in Greeley ,Co)
    Last edited by Clay M; 02-17-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

NSB, you brought up auto parts and I decided to post what I found happening with them in my experience. I was a Foreman in an auto repair shop for 17 years for the City of Phoenix until I retired in fall 2007.
    At that time I could see that some parts we bought from the dealers in branded boxes had already started to come from countries other than Mexico and the USA. In the past few years I have gotten OE branded parts from the dealer for my personal vehicle from countries other than Mexico or USA. In a couple of incidents the parts have had the same fitment issues as the parts at local chain auto parts stores.

As far a Bushnell I will never find out if this new warranty is any good at all. I have one Bushnell left but it should survive in it's spot on the shelf for a long time. It is the one that was replaced.
    I like to buy Leupold, think I have 7 now, but on a fixed income this is becoming more of a burden. I am trying a couple of Nikon scopes to see how they work. I have some of the old El Paso Weavers that are still going strong and several Burris handgun scopes.
    Been buying the cheap handgun scopes to use on my mil-surp rifles as scout scopes and for less than $100 each are doing a good job.

Boolit Buddy
    It always nice to be put straight but I am olny relating personal experience and what I was also told by a Bushnell Factory Representative while attending a dealer trade show.

I talked to Bushnell today and they will only offer the no questions asked warranty on the "newer Eleite's" the 3200 , 4200 and similar scopes if over 3 1/2 years old will be the old limited warranty!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blaser.306 View Post
    I talked to Bushnell today and they will only offer the no questions asked warranty on the "newer Eleite's" the 3200 , 4200 and similar scopes if over 3 1/2 years old will be the old limited warranty!
    The old "limited" warranty was still a lifetime warranty to the original owner. The "No Questions Asked" is a full refund for the first year of ownership on the Elite models and a lifetime warranty (again, not transferable).

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    It is nice they are doing this. I used to go through Bushnell's every 4-5 years. They were getting the absolute most harsh treatment imaginable. Banged on trees in scabbards, horses rolling over on them, sliding down mountains, all kinds of fun back country stuff. I would have been embarrassed to ask for warranty service on any of the ones I trashed! I did have one fog after around two years, and I just wrote that off as a bad one.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast