RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: 32 mag load for Taurus 76

Boolit Buddy

32 mag load for Taurus 76

First I better see if I can figure out how to post this pic here.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0266.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	160745
    Ok I think that worked. I would like to ask advise on working up a full magnum load for this gun. The previous load ended up being like a strong 32 long load because with straight COWW it would lead if the velocity was higher. I have other guns to shoot loads like that, so the Taurus sits all the time unused. The groove is .312, and the throats are .314. Boolit moulds I have are 85RN Lyman PB, 90 SWC TL Lee, 115 NOE 314008 GC. Powders, bullseye, red dot, unique, 540/hs6, 296. I have COWW and Lino for alloy. What do you guy's think?
    Phil

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    The NOE 314008 is your best bullet.

3 grains of Bullseye is start, approximating factory 1000 fps velocity. Do not exceed 3.5 grains.
    Red Dot can be cautiously used with same range of charges.
    +1 grain above the Bullseye loads for Unique, but no higher! Gets "peaky"
    7 grs. of Alliant #2400 approximates .32-20 factory velocity

I have gone to 8 grains of 296/H110 in Starline H&R Mag. brass with Federal 200 primers in my RUGER and MARLIN.

Your mileage may vary.

I use 12-13 BHN alloy, size bullets .314 and use LSStuff 45-45-10 with no leading.

Attachment 160749
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

AA#9 is the bomb for hot 32H&R mag. loads.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Your leading problem may be your barrel if it's rough. Otherwise look at a better lube, and bigger boolits to stop gas bypass and cutting. Hard helps accuracy, but isn't the fixer of leading we might think it is. Maybe 666+1 lube. I use carnauba red a lot, but I have never had big problems with leading even with 50/50 alox/bzwx. Accuracy goes way before leading happens. mds (molybdenum disulfide) was the predessesor of epoxy coating, it might help, so might powder coated boolits.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Master
    I think you are lucky. My Taurus in 32 S&W has .321 throats and a .312 bore. That was a little harder to fix.
    Last edited by rbuck351; 02-15-2016 at 06:58 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    The NOE 314008 is your best bullet.

3 grains of Bullseye is start, approximating factory 1000 fps velocity. Do not exceed 3.5 grains.
    Red Dot can be cautiously used with same range of charges.
    +1 grain above the Bullseye loads for Unique, but no higher! Gets "peaky"
    7 grs. of Alliant #2400 approximates .32-20 factory velocity

I have gone to 8 grains of 296/H110 in Starline H&R Mag. brass with Federal 200 primers in my RUGER and MARLIN.

Your mileage may vary.

I use 12-13 BHN alloy, size bullets .314 and use LSStuff 45-45-10 with no leading.

Attachment 160749
    Could you tell me what OAL you use with the 314008, or where to crimp it?